Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 5:48:02 AM EDT
Give me some info on them.  What kind of gas mileage do they get?  What kind of maintenance schedule do they have?  Are parts hard to find? Do you need to find a mechanic that specializes in them or will anyone work on them?  Whats insurance like?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I really would like an old hmmwv no top just  BASIC ONE
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Heh, I certainly dont own one, but I'm signed for one.  Drive it almost every day.  Comes free with a MK-19 too :P
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:55:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Heh, I certainly dont own one, but I'm signed for one.  Drive it almost every day.  Comes free with a MK-19 too :P

DAMN YOU!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Man that would be great to own one of them.  Used to drive them all the time and hated it, but now I want one again.,,, wierd how things change.  check this site out....
Real4WD Vehicle Inventory
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Man that would be great to own one of them.  Used to drive them all the time and hated it, but now I want one again.,,, wierd how things change.  check this site out....
Real4WD Vehicle Inventory

Badass. Real ones for sale.  They even look better than the civilian ones.

Need to get one with the MG turret mount and stick a .50 up there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DAMN YOU!

And thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Can these be registered?? or off road only??
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe these are actually all re-welds or have new fabricated chassis and are parts vehicles.

Federal law prohibits the surplus sale of the Humvee's.  The military is supposed to cut an "X" accross the floor pan removing something like 3/8" or better material.

This is interesting... (seriously, I think .mil ve-Hikles are kewl )
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#9]
i do!!! i do!!!!
oh wait, we are talking about real ones.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Here ya go fellas... just as I suspected

www.drms.dla.mil/sales/drms/faq/faq.html#jeephumv
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait a few months and you can buy ChiCon knock off versions from WalMart…

Harrumff… ChiCon copycat humvee… harrummff.

www.sinodefence.com/army/transport/hmmwv.asp

Andy
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Nationwide - you are correct.  BUT, some got past the red tape a few years ago.  There are real military ones out there for sale.  I believe they came from the Marines, and were pretty beat up.  Probably keep being "improved" as they go.  (Change from 24 volt system to 12, lights and other necessities added to make them road legal in some states, etc.)  I doubt any of them are in the original condition....

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I do 1985 usmc m998

talk to this guy

www.muttparts.com
Angelo

he sells them refurbished

in the $35,000 range
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top