Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 8:41:44 PM EDT
When the ban was in effect, was it legal to use ammunition belts, provided they were'nt loaded with more than 10 rounds?  I ask this because I seem to remember there was a post-ban version of the Shrike, and I'm just curious how that was possible.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it had to use "preban" links.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
answer still no!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When the ban was in effect, was it legal to use ammunition belts, provided they were'nt loaded with more than 10 rounds?

As I recall you were only allowed to assemble 10 rounds at a time unless you had pre-ban links.

I ask this because I seem to remember there was a post-ban version of the Shrike, and I'm just curious how that was possible.
You seem to be under the misconception than there has ever been a version of the Shrike that didn't exist on paper.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When the ban was in effect, was it legal to use ammunition belts, provided they were'nt loaded with more than 10 rounds?

As I recall you were only allowed to assemble 10 rounds at a time unless you had pre-ban links.

I ask this because I seem to remember there was a post-ban version of the Shrike, and I'm just curious how that was possible.
You seem to be under the misconception than there has ever been a version of the Shrike that didn't exist on paper.  

Yea I know it never was made before the ban expired, I just saw it on a website.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess this just goes to show that the AWB was the stupidist law ever.  What kindof ATF agent would actually research that each link was made before september 94.  I actually don't think that anyone really cared about the law.  And plus, unless they caught you with a belt that had over 10 rds in it hooked into your gun, how could they prove that you had created a large capacity feeding device? Did "postban" links have to be date stamped?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top