Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 8:21:59 PM EDT
There it was, drifting by as we sat at a dock.

A couple of us fished it out and took it aboard.

We're thinking of selling it on EBAY or trading it for 2 cases of beer.

A pretty good haul, even though it wasn't in very good shape.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ohh man...hopefully a surfer doesn't come floating by shortly
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
by 'wasn't in very good shape' do you mean it had chunks bitten out of it by a shark?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Put a big hook on it and toss it back out see if it will catch a shark.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
In Pennsylvania?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
by 'wasn't in very good shape' do you mean it had chunks bitten out of it by a shark?  

No. It was delaminating in a couple of spots and the fins were missing.

Still, a guy in Minnesota or somewhee could buy it, tie it to the top of his car in the wintertime to impress chicks!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
In Pennsylvania?

I'm a seaman. I'm at work now. And yes, it was floating down a river.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, now I gotta worry about river sharks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Atleast your in TX and dont have to worry about the Snow Sharks
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still, a guy in Minnesota or somewhee could buy it, tie it to the top of his car in the wintertime to impress chicks!!!!!

What ya want for it

j/k
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What ya want for it

1 case of Coors Light for my shipmate, and 1 Case of Heineken for me. You pay shipping!

j/k

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In Pennsylvania?

I seem to recall you one time, saying WHERE in PA you are from...Cant remember where, but I was thinking it was somewhere near where I am originally from (Indianna, Pennsylvania)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
In Pennsylvania?

I seem to recall you one time, saying WHERE in PA you are from...Cant remember where, but I was thinking it was somewhere near where I am originally from (Indianna, Pennsylvania)

PGH
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:01:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

ever heard of a snowboard?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#14]
OK, DPMMN, here's my final offer:

2 cases of beer and I'll drive as far west as Mecca(Camp Perry) to drop it off at another ARFCOMER's
house if you can find one that'd drive it further west, etc until it gets to Minesota.

If you want to set up sort of a bucket brigade,(Surfboard brigade?) let me know!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Last chance. Goes on EBAY tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm still thinking.....................but what the hell would I do with a surfboard.   I haven't been on any water since I got out of the Navy in 1984, and I hate Snow

Ebay might be your best bet
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#17]
i'd pay to see DPMMN on a surf board.  bring it up to duluth and ride the waves man!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Actually aren't there those baracudas on the coastline.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#19]
if you auction it don't offer to pay shipping. Standard UPS for a shortboard coast to coast is at least $60.00 business to business. Longboards usually have to go freight  carrier.

Just get drunk and ride it down some flights of stairs, or get a car and waterski rope and go parking lot skitching.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like one of the guys off of one of the tugs wants it.

In Negotiations now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Looks like one of the guys off of one of the tugs wants it.

In Negotiations now.

forgot to tell you guys, The tug skipper got it for a case of Coors. We owed him a favor

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I SURF!!!!! I WANT IT!! CHECK YOUR IM!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#23]
you know ... you simply cannot create a thread like this, referencing an item or person and then not even posting any pics!?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#24]
You are sperm?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#25]
A case of beer for a honked surfboard?  You came out ahead.  Although I would have liked to see the E-bay auction or lack thereoff.  Did you ever find out what shipping and packing would cost?  

AND you didn't teach the SEC to surf so you could write the second book.  Oh yeah you haven't written the first book yet have you?

"Traffic was snared for hours today as drivers reported sighting a cat surfing under the Monogahela Bridge today.  Pictures at 11 tonight on News 8."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top