Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 3:51:55 AM EDT
Crappy way to start the day! 269 electoral votes for Kerry! Hiram Ranger save us!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
tagged.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:59:26 AM EDT
[#2]
According to what source?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:02:30 AM EDT
[#3]
www.electoral-vote.com/

Wiskey Tango Foxtrot!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like Pennsylvania switched over to Kerry.  That's 21 electoral votes right there
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:04:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:06:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:07:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to Worry....Iowa Electronic Markets Breaking Hard for Bush  

Eric Engen of the American Enterprise Institute wrote an article in the Wall Street Journal espousing the Iowa Electronic Market, saying it was far more predictive than conventional polling. Well here it is, and it overwhelmingly predicts Bush.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks like Pennsylvania switched over to Kerry.  That's 21 electoral votes right there

Florida is leaning for him as well, another big kick.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:09:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Maryland is 48/48... that is bad for sKerry, MD always goes Dem....
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:14:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck!

I don't understand the big shift over a one day period. What could be responsible for this? Iraq?

I've already had a crappy night and this is not the way I wanted to start my day. You know, I think I am just going to forget all this poll shit and stop looking at it and worrying about it. I'll go vote on election day and leave it at that. Whatever happens will happen.

The one thing I will say (and let make it clear I don't base everything in polls) is that if Kerry wins and our nation manages to survive 4 years of his leadership, that a democrat would not be able to get elected to the office for at least 20 years. So either way, perhaps we'll achieve victory. But I'm far from ready to concede defeat over one poll. I just have trouble buying that fast of a shift in PA and FL.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:18:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Fuck!

I don't understand the big shift over a one day period. What could be responsible for this? Iraq?

This is just a Kerry spike.....Look at the final Map prediction from electoral-vote.com.

They predict Bush by a landslide

Projected Electoral College Votes:   Kerry 192   Bush 330
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:23:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This is just a Kerry spike.....Look at the final Map prediction from electoral-vote.com.

They predict Bush by a landslide

Projected Electoral College Votes:   Kerry 192   Bush 330

I sure hope so. Let us just hope they have "projected" correctly. I just cannot place much faith in polls anymore and I sure get little comfort from them. Only when my candidate is ahead by double digits on them all and firmly in control of the electoral vote (currently, not projected) do I take any comfort. That's why I may avoid polls, since really, they don't mean anything at this point anyway.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:24:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The one thing I will say (and let make it clear I don't base everything in polls) is that if Kerry wins and our nation manages to survive 4 years of his leadership, that a democrat would not be able to get elected to the office for at least 20 years.

I wish I had your optimism.  This next 4 years is going to be CRITICAL in placing SCOTUS Justices.  The Republicans haven't shown the sack to tell the Dems to FOAD when it comes to appointments, they just try and play nice while the Dems use every nasty trick they can think of to stonewall conservative Judges.

Kerry gets in and there will be blood on the floor of the Senate over SCOTUS appointments and given how things have gone the last 4 years, we are going to end up fucked up the ass beyond Belief.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:25:04 AM EDT
[#15]
look closely at where some of the data is comming from. Hell, even when it came from. Some of the polling data is from 2000!

This is designed to give kerry supporters hope to keep lying and fighting for their cause. The real polls show Bush ahead in almost every battle ground state.

All the polls in the world don't mean shit though if we don't get out and vote in Nov.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:26:24 AM EDT
[#16]
A lot of today's changes are also due to Zogby polls.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Look at all the states that are barely kerry and how many votes they swing, they are all within 1-3% difference, and they don't give a margin of error...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#18]
boy, I sure am glad I stopped worrying about polls...this would really start my day off on a soggy step!  Don't ever stop telling people why sKerry is wrong for America because it ain't over until AFTER the election!  We all 'know' GWB is gonna win, (45 states, maybe California!) but WE need to ensure it happens.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top