Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 2:22:45 PM EDT
for fun :)

You wake up one day in a world full of the living dead.

You have the choice of any personal weapons you can carry, you can have anything that exists. Weight is a concern of course, no Arnie crap here, only what you can realistically carry. What weapons and tools would you choose? Food, medical supplies etc are not a problem, we're just talking pure combat / utility loadouts. There are, of course, two potential scenarios - classical slow zombies, and modern fast zombies. Both require a headshot or severing of the spinal column for a kill.

My loadouts:
- HK G36 with a backpack full of BETA-C mags "100rd drums"
- Street Sweeper 12 gauge drum fed 12 round capacity
with 00 buck tac. loads
- Good quality katana for close-in work
- mp5 with Beta-C
- glock 19 with all 30 rounds mags
- and a steal mesh shark suit so they cant bite me :)
http://www.ammo-oracle.com/body.htm#zombies

Q. I'm concerned about roving packs of zombies driving automobiles after the end of the world as we know it. Since, as everyone knows, you have to make headshots to kill zombies, what ammo should I be using to defeat zombies in automobiles?
Without commenting on the wisdom of engaging roving packs of zombies without adult supervision, the best performing rounds, in terms of penetration of 6mm laminated front windscreen auto glass and other automobile structures, are probably the Federal Tactical 55 and 62 grain bonded JSP (LE223T1 and LE223T3).

Be aware, however, that these rounds, topped with Speer's Trophy Bonded Bear Claw bullet, are designed for penetration and generally do NOT fragment in CQB circumstances.

Unfortunately, Federal Tactical ammo is LEO-only, and while the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw bullet is available in hunting loads and as a reloading component in the 55gr weight, the 62gr version appears to be available only in the Federal Tactical line. TBBC bullets are also extremely expensive, as they are a high-end, low-volume-production item.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
County tractor with bushhog on remote boom, 12 ga and all the Aguilla Minislugs the tractor can haul. If they get past the bushhog the minislug will put them down.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I would just use a .50 and be done with it...
Even zombies will laugh at you if your sporting a Beta C.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#3]
M2 .50 caliber machine gun...........carried by my M1 Abrams tank.    I consider that a personal weapon, and I'm sure the zombies wouldn't like it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
One of these:
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Korean M26 beltfed automatic shotgun with lots of buck and slugs already in the belt.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#6]
...Shit, if we're going for a "WEAPONRY YOU'LL NEVER PLAY WITH FOR AN INVASION OF KERRY SUPPORTERS," then I'm just going to list weaponry I'll chop my left nut off for.

H&K G11
H&K OICW/SABR
Mark 19
Everything on their webspace
M249
Ultimax 100 CIS
Glock 18
HK53 and Vollmer conversion
FG42
StG42
M16A2 with Shrike upper

Realistically, I'd have to defend myself with a SAR-1 and a Marlin Model 60.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
The real question is what brand of zombies?

Are they "28 days later", just wait and they starve zombies?

Or are they the "Dawn of the Dead", you'll soon be surrounded by 10 million zombies, zombies?

If it's the latter, you're fucked.
I'd have to go with a shopping cart full of grenades, and an M249 SAW.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You wake up one day in a world full of the living dead.

You have the choice of any personal weapons you can carry, you can have anything that exists. Weight is a concern of course, no Arnie crap here, only what you can realistically carry. What weapons and tools would you choose? Food, medical supplies etc are not a problem, we're just talking pure combat / utility loadouts. There are, of course, two potential scenarios - classical slow zombies, and modern fast zombies. Both require a headshot or severing of the spinal column for a kill.

My loadouts:
- HK G36 with a backpack full of BETA-C mags "100rd drums"
- Street Sweeper 12 gauge drum fed 12 round capacity
with 00 buck tac. loads
- Good quality katana for close-in work
- mp5 with Beta-C
- glock 19 with all 30 rounds mags
- and a steal mesh shark suit so they cant bite me :)
http://www.ammo-oracle.com/body.htm#zombies

Q. I'm concerned about roving packs of zombies driving automobiles after the end of the world as we know it. Since, as everyone knows, you have to make headshots to kill zombies, what ammo should I be using to defeat zombies in automobiles?
Without commenting on the wisdom of engaging roving packs of zombies without adult supervision, the best performing rounds, in terms of penetration of 6mm laminated front windscreen auto glass and other automobile structures, are probably the Federal Tactical 55 and 62 grain bonded JSP (LE223T1 and LE223T3).

Be aware, however, that these rounds, topped with Speer's Trophy Bonded Bear Claw bullet, are designed for penetration and generally do NOT fragment in CQB circumstances.

Unfortunately, Federal Tactical ammo is LEO-only, and while the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw bullet is available in hunting loads and as a reloading component in the 55gr weight, the 62gr version appears to be available only in the Federal Tactical line. TBBC bullets are also extremely expensive, as they are a high-end, low-volume-production item.

Thought you said no Arnie crap. Lugging all the stuff you want to carry will give you a hernia. Zombies don't drive and ammo availablity wouldn't be stopped by LEO only as it would be scrounged.

M4and as much stashed ammo that I could carry in my armored car. HK USP45 as a side arm and whatever explosives I could get ahold of.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

FOR FUN!?!?! This is a serious issue!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]
this

With a 50 mounted on top, with a target aquisition system, (controllable from inside the cab)

I know those bastards can't be as fast as my (recent) truck.

Benelli M4

and what the hell? I'll take an M4 too.

Shit, as long as i got all that room, i'll take an M1A to keep the ar company.

Handgun? ooooh. 1911.

Oh, and before i would go out, i would weld up a steel bumper with a bunch of spikes on the front, and then i would see how many i could stab!!

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Would it be possible to just dress up and act like one of the zombies, or can they sense heat or fresh brains?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
This michaelg.fotopic.net/p5499669.html
With a .50, AR, nice selection of handguns (100 or so, casual and formal), something to sharpen the blades.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This
images1.fotopic.net/?iid=y3cujk&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

...Fotopic Jpegs aren't that menancing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Zombie-Mk-19
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#15]
How about this?

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll take an FN P-90 primarily due to the 50 round mags, light weight, and light recoil.

I would load myself down with as many fragmentation grenades as I could reasonably carry.

Handgun would be an FN 5-7 strictly due to 20 round mags and interchangability of ammo.  I would have as much ammo for these two as I could reasonably carry.

In my pack I would have a Glock 17 so that IF I run out of ammo for the FN's, I can find ammo or mags since the G-17 is the issue pistol of the local law enforcement.

Also strapped to my pack I will have an M4 with Aimpoint and Surefire... in other words, the AR that I have now.  The local PD SWAT have M4's and MP5's so if I need ammo/mags I know where to find it.

On the other side of my pack I would have a pistol gripped 870 for breaching or other various uses.

I will also have a good quality Samurai sword as the last resort.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#17]
One of these...

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#18]
ill take one of these

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#19]
A spoon.
Thats right, just a spoon.

Yes, I'm that much of a badass.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#20]
mtechgunman:

Hook up that .50 to a target aquisition system like the apache or cobra have and you might be on to something...

You look and its zombie pink mist....

Edited to add: Damn nice truck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
mtechgunman:

Hook up that .50 to a target aquisition system like the apache or cobra have and you might be on to something...

You look and its zombie pink mist....

Good advice...............done.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Just a combine or something, I can't carry enough ammo for all that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Red Rider B.B. gun and sling shot. Just kidding. Can I fly ? Not like super man but do I know how to fly an A-10 Fairchild? No? ummm. M-240, semi-auto slug gun.1911 .45 acp, M-4 w/203 and a flame thrower! Again are these zombies 28 days later zombies or slow with a limp type zomby? they know how to drive? AWWWWW!!!!! C'mon man that takes the fun out of it! Ok as for a vehicle probably an LAV or something like that . We need a zomby smily
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Out of the guns in my collection, I'd take:
20" A2 Govt. Profile AR-15
7.62x51 CETME in back of seat in case primary weapon fails or runs out of ammo
Glock 18 (Alright, I don't own one, but that would be sweet...)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Armored vehicle, shopping mall w/gun store & a Plasma rifle in a 40watt range & a bunch of super models
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
In my pack I would have a Glock 17 so that IF I run out of ammo for the FN's, I can find ammo or mags since the G-17 is the issue pistol of the local law enforcement.

Also strapped to my pack I will have an M4 with Aimpoint and Surefire... in other words, the AR that I have now.  The local PD SWAT have M4's and MP5's so if I need ammo/mags I know where to find it.

Let me ask you this: do you know if the agency(ies) in question maintain any "war stock" of ammo? Do you know how it is stored? Could you get to it as a non-agency member in an emergency?

Let me fill you in on a little secret here: we may not be the ones you want to rely on for ammo in a time of emergency for your ammo supply. For much of my time in LE, we didn't maintain ANY stocks in extra ammo whatsoever; we would buy enough ammo to replace the duty ammo once a year             ( sometimes once every other year if it was  a bad budget year). The total amount of money alloted for range qual and ammo didn't increase from $5000 for YEARS. Extra ammo would consist of whatever remnants of the cases of duty ammo were left over after everyone got their fresh ammo.In an emergency, we  would rely on a quick drop shipment of ammo if it needed to be ordered, which so far in my career has never happened. (Based on the latest DOTD movie, how many days to drop ship ammo do you think society had?) Back when we had wheel guns and a road guy would shoot a deer, the  deputy would have to bring in the expended casing for a one-for-one round replacement  from the administration. Same for shotgun ammo. Why? Because the road guys would strip the shotguns of ammo to go  deer hunting while  off duty.I can recall years where a handful of us were passing around one 50 round box of ammo to top off  our mags from shooting deer until the next range day would roll around and we could get a fresh supply of ammo. I recall one Sgt who ran around for months with an empty mag on his belt because he simply didn't care enough to top off his mags, so he carried an empty mag once his expended rounds exceeded a magazines worth of ammo.People still think I am odd because I carry an extra couple hundred rounds of rifle, pistol and shotgun ammo in my trunk bag every day. The way I see it, if I need it, I need it NOW. Thats one of the bennies of being on the range staff now; I can access the ammo supply and carry as much as I want

Nowadays the ammo situation IS better; we just ordered 40K in ammo, most of it training ammo, which against zombies is ok, but it will largely be expended when range qual is done next week. We  still have several cases of ammo  on hand for both handguns , rifles and shotguns, but its behind triple locks. Would you know where to look in your local agencies for their stockpile? Do you also know where in the agency their arms room is located?

Bottom line is: stockpile your own, and know EVERY stocking dealers location in your area. The Wal-Marts may get stripped out of their amo supplies quickly, but small guy FFLs like me will probably be overlooked by those looking for ammo. Of course, if it came to that, any ammo in any weapon I personally owned would probably go under the counter for friends and immediate family. If it was some oddball stuff like the Weatherby ammo that i don't own anything chambered in that and you want it, hey, I would be happy to sell it to ya.  Heck, in that scenario, I would probably give it to ya, because ammo for you means an increased likelihood of a  live customer who might come back after everything returns to normal........So........ plan ahead.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#28]
My M4gery and my BHP and every spare mag loaded.  The High Power would probably be the best for the fast zombies - I can get the fast head shots on multiple targets at the ranges charging zombies are usually engaged at best with that.  And I'd have my Swiss E-Tool as the weapon of choice for quietly dispatching single zombies.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#29]
M4 and a good LBV w/attached pistol belt that holds a few more 3 mag pouches.
92fs with all the 15 rounders I could comfortably carry.

Maybe a good 24" Katana if they get danger close.

The shark mail suit is a good idea. Hopefully it is lightweight and flexible.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
One of these...

home.swipnet.se/tanks/gallery/small/m1_abrams(6).jpg

+1

MY first thought as well.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Personally an FN P90.  Headshots with a low recoil round an 50 shot magsand supressed so I dont attract more zombies.  My M1911 simply because it's never let me down and the first thing you need in a bad situation is a reliable old friend.   For the time when the shit really hits the fan and it's up close and personal  I'd think the P90 would really shine.   I might possibly need 2 so if one runs dry during the close in fight I could drop it on it's sling and pull P90 #2 and rock on.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#32]
2 M4gerys
2 9mm semi-autos
1 7.62x51mm rifle with good glass

Thats about it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Let me ask you this: do you know if the agency(ies) in question maintain any "war stock" of ammo? Do you know how it is stored? Could you get to it as a non-agency member in an emergency?

Let me fill you in on a little secret here: we may not be the ones you want to rely on for ammo in a time of emergency for your ammo supply. For much of my time in LE, we didn't maintain ANY stocks in extra ammo whatsoever; we would buy enough ammo to replace the duty ammo once a year             ( sometimes once every other year if it was  a bad budget year). The total amount of money alloted for range qual and ammo didn't increase from $5000 for YEARS. Extra ammo would consist of whatever remnants of the cases of duty ammo were left over after everyone got their fresh ammo.In an emergency, we  would rely on a quick drop shipment of ammo if it needed to be ordered, which so far in my career has never happened. (Based on the latest DOTD movie, how many days to drop ship ammo do you think society had?) Back when we had wheel guns and a road guy would shoot a deer, the  deputy would have to bring in the expended casing for a one-for-one round replacement  from the administration. Same for shotgun ammo. Why? Because the road guys would strip the shotguns of ammo to go  deer hunting while  off duty.I can recall years where a handful of us were passing around one 50 round box of ammo to top off  our mags from shooting deer until the next range day would roll around and we could get a fresh supply of ammo. I recall one Sgt who ran around for months with an empty mag on his belt because he simply didn't care enough to top off his mags, so he carried an empty mag once his expended rounds exceeded a magazines worth of ammo.People still think I am odd because I carry an extra couple hundred rounds of rifle, pistol and shotgun ammo in my trunk bag every day. The way I see it, if I need it, I need it NOW. Thats one of the bennies of being on the range staff now; I can access the ammo supply and carry as much as I want

Nowadays the ammo situation IS better; we just ordered 40K in ammo, most of it training ammo, which against zombies is ok, but it will largely be expended when range qual is done next week. We  still have several cases of ammo  on hand for both handguns , rifles and shotguns, but its behind triple locks. Would you know where to look in your local agencies for their stockpile? Do you also know where in the agency their arms room is located?

Bottom line is: stockpile your own, and know EVERY stocking dealers location in your area. The Wal-Marts may get stripped out of their amo supplies quickly, but small guy FFLs like me will probably be overlooked by those looking for ammo. Of course, if it came to that, any ammo in any weapon I personally owned would probably go under the counter for friends and immediate family. If it was some oddball stuff like the Weatherby ammo that i don't own anything chambered in that and you want it, hey, I would be happy to sell it to ya.  Heck, in that scenario, I would probably give it to ya, because ammo for you means an increased likelihood of a  live customer who might come back after everything returns to normal........So........ plan ahead.

Oh shit... We're screwed, then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top