Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 1:20:54 PM EDT

What Next? Uzi Bourbon?

Mon Sep 20,11:25 AM ET  

LONDON (Reuters) - The creator of one of the world's most famous guns, the AK-47 assault rifle, launched another weapon in Britain Monday -- Kalashnikov vodka.

Lieutenant General Mikhail Kalashnikov, who invented the AK-47 after being shot by German soldiers during World War II, said he wanted to continue "the good name" of his gun.

"I've always wanted to improve and expand on the good name of my weapon by doing good things," he told Reuters Television.

"So we decided to create a vodka under my name. And we wanted that vodka to be better than anything made, up until now, in both Russia and England."

The Kalashnikov rifle has become the weapon of choice for guerrillas and gangsters across the world. But Kalashnikov said his original intentions for the gun were purely patriotic.

"I did not create the gun for international conflicts, I created it to protect the borders of my country," he said.

"It is not my fault that it has been spread all over the world. It is its reliability and its simplicity that have taken it all over the world."

Promoters of Kalashnikov vodka say it is "made from grain harvested in Russia and water drawn from Lake Ladoga north of St Petersburg" and is best drunk with friends.

link

Link to buy your own.....

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Group buy?  

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
if he was an american and also had a cigarette company, the ATF would have a new P E no.1
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#4]
This stuff has been in stores around here for like a year give or take a month or two. nothing new, well at least not to me., oh and it's pretty good stuff.(the stuff in the AK shaped bottle)
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Group buy?  

FUCKIN A!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This stuff has been in stores around here for like a year give or take a month or two. nothing new, well at least not to me., oh and it's pretty good stuff.(the stuff in the AK shaped bottle)

how much does it sell for?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Now if only the estate of Eugene Stoner would try to market some mind-altering substance to follow suit. With a last name like that, it's just too easy........"Woah dude, is that a Stoner ARmaROACH?"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:35:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how much does it sell for?

Don't know, I buy my beer by the half and quarter barrel so I don;t take trips to the store all that often. Next time I'm there I'll look for a price.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Now if only the estate of Eugene Stoner would try to market some mind-altering substance to follow suit.

Arfcom Hookah???

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:40:21 AM EDT
[#11]
hey, last year called.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well at least the General is finally making some money off something

Damn right!

I guess he learned that Capitolism isn't such a terrible thing afterall

MK wasn't staunchly Communist either, he just wanted to make a good rifle and got what he should have in that type of economy....dicked!

I have seen that stuff a few months ago or so. The guy at the liquor store said everyone picked it up but no one bought it... weird.

My next time to the boozehaus, I'll pick one up for fun.

I'm in for the Stoner Hookah group buy, where do I send my paypal?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:58:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
hey, last year called.

Wooo   Hooo....I'm 38 again!!!!!!!!!!!

SGtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top