Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 8:00:18 PM EDT
We went to Hawaii recently. We took a bunch of travelers checks. I signed some and my wife signed some. My wifes signature never changes. Same thing every time. Mine on the other hand is not the same every time. After signing a couple dozen travelers checks, my signature was not the same as it was when I started. It evolved from my standard sig to a more sloppy version after signing it a bunch of times back to back. Even day to day my sig will vary. I have the "official" version and the "I don't give a crap" version and lots in between.

Is your sig the same every time you sign or does it change?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Changes...but it is still mine.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine changes like yours does. The more I sign it the more it degrades in quality. Not that you could read it anyway to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
My signature was forever changed after filling out military enlistment forms at/before boot camp.

It was somewhat legible before, and now is not much more than a scibble.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]

My signature is never the same twice. Perhaps this is the reason it was suggested that the company payroll checks (cheques) be changed to a rubber stamp.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#5]
My sig looked the same for years,  then I changed the style of my "D"      

I kind of like the old D better than the new D
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine changes a little. I always do 2 very minor things to insure that it is mine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
the same......mostly
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
My first name is very legible, but my last name changes a lot. Sometimes you can read the entire thing, other times you can only make out the first letter.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We went to Hawaii recently. We took a bunch of travelers checks. I signed some and my wife signed some. My wifes signature never changes. Same thing every time. Mine on the other hand is not the same every time. After signing a couple dozen travelers checks, my signature was not the same as it was when I started. It evolved from my standard sig to a more sloppy version after signing it a bunch of times back to back. Even day to day my sig will vary. I have the "official" version and the "I don't give a crap" version and lots in between.

No 2 are ever the same...

My sig is worthless as a form of ID/Authentication...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:47:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Changes.

I was at a bank in Singapore trying to cash a traveler's check - you sign them once at the bank and a second time in front of the guy taking the check. The guy wants to see my 10 year old passport and wants me to sign my travelers checks the way I signed my passport ten years ago!

LOL, I can see that whole scenario unfolding!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine stays pretty consistent . Even though it really isn't any known text

It's more of a symbol that I can reproduce in a single motion without lifting the pen .
Fewer pen lifts by the way makes it harder to forge .
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Mine changes like yours does. The more I sign it the more it degrades in quality. Not that you could read it anyway to begin with.

+1
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My signature is never the same twice.  

same here
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#16]
My signature changes with my moods.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Mine stays pretty consistent . Even though it really isn't any known text

It's more of a symbol that I can reproduce in a single motion without lifting the pen .
Fewer pen lifts by the way makes it harder to forge .

I knew a jewler in Kalifornistan that used a symbol as his signature. It was very distinctive and in no way represented anything like a signature.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#18]
It's never the same.

AN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top