Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 3:21:29 PM EDT
I can't tell you how impressed I am by this man...he's like a kid on the playground, watching the older kids play, and screaming "Look at me! Look at me! I can do that too!"

--------------------------

After returning home from war in Vietnam, I’ve always had the sense that every other day is extra.  And my many visits to Israel have shown me how this same sense prevails among some of the world’s strongest survivors – the Jewish people.

But I never understood this fragility and vulnerability more than when I first visited Israel on an ADL mission so many years ago.  For days, my inner-Top Gun sought out a ride in an Israeli Air Force Jet.  And when I finally got one, my inner-politician convinced the pilot to let me take control of the plane for awhile.  But after a few minutes in the air – a few minutes – the pilot yelled for me to turn the plane around.  “We just got in the air,” I told him.  “I know,” he said.   “But if we flew in any other direction for two minutes more, we would be flying into enemy territory.”

Source: http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/speeches/spc_2004_0503.html
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
isnt kerry a private pilot?? That sure makes him jet interceptor trained like bush, huh
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
For days, my inner-Top Gun sought out a ride in an Israeli Air Force Jet.  And when I finally got one, my inner-politician convinced the pilot to let me take control of the plane for awhile.  But after a few minutes in the air – a few minutes – the pilot yelled for me to turn the plane around.  “We just got in the air,” I told him.  “I know,” he said.   “But if we flew in any other direction for two minutes more, we would be flying into enemy territory.”

Source: http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/speeches/spc_2004_0503.html

my inner voter wants to throw up.

what a douche-nozzle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Whatever.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#5]
This has been proven to be another lie - Kerry NEVER flew into enemy territory on that jet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This has been proven to be another lie - Kerry NEVER flew into enemy territory on that jet.

He tends to recall being in enemy territory frequently, doesn't he?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps he pickled off a load of snake and nape on some kids and those are the atrocities he testified to?

Man, the more I hear about him (unwillingly) the more I think the guy's lead an absolutely charmed life. Someone's looking out for him, and I doubt it's the Big Guy upstairs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't mind kicking his tiny outer into his inner.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]

It's funny how he says, "Israel have shown me how this same sense prevails among some of the world’s strongest survivors – the Jewish people", but he would be the first one to take away their guns and help march them right into the death camps again.

Kerry = Legend in his own mind.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:
.  But after a few minutes in the air – a few minutes – the pilot yelled for me to turn the plane around.  “We just got in the air,” I told him.  “I know,” he said.   “But if we flew in any other direction for two minutes more, we would be flying into enemy territory.”

"We flew on for another few minutes and there we were in Camboda, I remember it like it was yesterday, or maybe the day after, it reminded me of my service time in Vietnam……did I tell you that I was in Vietnam?  Yup could have won that war by myself but I had to leave, terrible wounds, I got those in Vietnam, you did know I was in Vietnam right?”

FUCK STICK.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#12]
He's a DICK
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can't give him shit over this.

I doubt there's anybody here who woudn't jump at a chance to take a ride in any fighter jet if the opportunity were to present itself,  and nobody would refuse the chance to take the stick for a bit, too.

Hell,  I've wanted to do that since as long as I can remember,  and I actually dumped 300 bucks on a joystick and throttle setup for my PC that's modelled very closely on the real F16's throttle and stick, and I've got something like 2000 hours of simulated time in an F16 as a result of my passion for that sort of stuff.     I've even driven for hours for the chance to try out a real F16 cockpit simulator operated by Lockheed-Martin at a trade show.   It was worth the time and the expense!

CJ

True.  But he's still a commie.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#14]
What a tool....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Perhaps he pickled off a load of snake and nape on some kids and those are the atrocities he testified to?

Man, the more I hear about him (unwillingly) the more I think the guy's lead an absolutely charmed life. Someone's looking out for him, and I doubt it's the Big Guy upstairs.

Ain't it the truth!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
isnt kerry a private pilot?? That sure makes him jet interceptor trained like bush, huh

Only answer to my query was a John Millard Kerry in PA. Landings.com has the FAA data base available. Maybe the memory of that was seared into his mind as well, huh? Planerench out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Hell,  I've wanted to do that since as long as I can remember,  and I actually dumped 300 bucks on a joystick and throttle setup for my PC that's modelled very closely on the real F16's throttle and stick, and I've got something like 2000 hours of simulated time in an F16 as a result of my passion for that sort of stuff.     I've even driven for hours for the chance to try out a real F16 cockpit simulator operated by Lockheed-Martin at a trade show.   It was worth the time and the expense!

You too?  

I didn't get to do the f16 cockpit sim, but I got to play in f18 and f15 cockpit sims at the mcdonell douglas flight simulation center in stl (before boeing bought 'em).  THOSE were fun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He tends to recall being in enemy territory frequently, doesn't he?

Dude, he IS in enemy territory - The United States of America.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top