Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 5:07:00 AM EDT
LA police seize cache of nearly 400 guns after undercover buy

Friday September 17, 2004

LOS ANGELES (AP) An undercover gun sting led police to a cache of nearly 400 suspected illegal rifles, pistols, shotguns and assault weapons, along with thousands of rounds of ammunition, authorities said Friday.

The array of firepower was discovered at the home of a Simi Valley man, who was arrested Thursday by the members of the Police Department's gun unit after he made an off-the-books sale of a rifle to an undercover officer for $600, police said.

Police searching his car found 11 more guns, and a search of his home turned up 376 more weapons, along with armor-piercing ammunition that is illegal in California, authorities said. Four assault weapons were discovered, all banned by state law.

Wayne Wright, 56, was booked for investigation of illegal firearms sales.

The illegal arsenal was ``going to be sold by an unlicensed gun dealer trying to get around all the gun laws that we've ... passed to make our streets safer,'' Mayor James Hahn said.

Standing behind several tables filled with seized guns and bullets, Hahn and police Chief William Bratton renewed their criticism of President Bush and Congress for not renewing the federal ban on assault weapons, which expired this week. California law banning such sales remains in place.

Bratton pointed out that the seizure of 388 guns exceeded the number of illegal weapons collected by Los Angeles police in 2003. Prior to Thursday's arrest, the LAPD had seized 411 guns this year.

Bratton called the arsenal ``a phenomenal number of guns that will not be on the streets ... killing people.''

Police will attempt to trace the guns to determine their source and if any have been used in crimes. It was not immediately clear whether any of the guns were legally registered.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:09:00 AM EDT
[#1]
DAMN BUSH!!
Had he pushed for the AWB, those guns would not have been in the hands of that individual.
I say again, DAMN BUSH! Its all his fault!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:10:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Do all person to person sales in CA have to be on books?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Everything except certain transfers between family members, and C&R's.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that new?? My bro sold a Colt Python to a state patrol officer, in '72. I don't think they did any paperwork.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:24:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I know a guy that bought an Ak47 like that while on camp pendleton from a guy he worked with. But then he moved the next year to AZ. Oh yeah they were already banned and supposed to be registered at this point.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#6]
What is an illegal gun?
I mean, the weapon itself is not illegal? Right?
It can be legally owned by someone, somewhere.
Maybe its illegally possesed....but the guns arent either legal or illegal, just pieces of metal.

Same thing as "assault" weapon. I dont assault people with my AR15....still, most of America calls my DEFENSIVE rifle an "assault weapon"...

Screw them and their illegal guns and assault rifles. The people that write all this shit dont have the slightest clue what they are talking about....damn I hate stupid liberals.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
DAMN BUSH!!
Had he pushed for the AWB, those guns would not have been in the hands of that individual.
I say again, DAMN BUSH! Its all his fault!!

See thats the problem, individuals think by banning the assualt weopens ( or any other firearm ) that they will in fact be removing the said firearms from the hands of these peoples and in effect remove them from the streets. When in fact it is the exact opposite, individuals that sell firearms such as this individual are not concerned with laws that are supposed to stop them. Laws that ban firearms will only increase the number of individuals that sell illegally weather as a profession or the occasional seller that might only sell one in his lifetime and in turn increase the number of firearms that are " on the streets " even though I would wager that only a very small percentage of those firearms would actually end up on streets.
 Alot of the illegally purchased firearms are more then likely locked away in gun cabinets or even stowed away inside the walls of normaly law abiding citizens. Lets not forget that its not any one individuals " fault " but the individuals them selves that decide on thier own free will to sell illegal firearms.
 Rather then banning the " assualt firearms ", they should be made easier aquired legally but with stricter regulations. The typical law abiding individual who has never committed a crime and has a clean record should be allowed to posses a semi automatic rifle of " military design " for purposes of plinking or recreational shooting.
 Legalise all " asualt weopens " but make more regulated laws as to those that may aquire them, that will in turn make it harder for these unlicensed individuals to purchase the said firearms to sell illegally to others... Nuff said?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:47:48 AM EDT
[#8]
400 guns! 11 of them in his car! I feel like such a piker!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:57:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

LOS ANGELES (AP) An undercover gun sting led police to a cache of nearly 400 suspected illegal rifles, pistols, shotguns and assault weapons, along with thousands of rounds of ammunition, authorities said Friday.

The array of firepower was discovered at the home of a Simi Valley man, who was arrested Thursday by the members of the Police Department's gun unit after he made an off-the-books sale of a rifle to an undercover officer for $600, police said.

Police searching his car found 11 more guns, and a search of his home turned up 376 more weapons, along with armor-piercing ammunition that is illegal in California, authorities said. Four assault weapons were discovered, all banned by state law.

The illegal arsenal was ``going to be sold by an unlicensed gun dealer trying to get around all the gun laws that we've ... passed to make our streets safer,'' Mayor James Hahn said.

Standing behind several tables filled with seized guns and bullets, Hahn and police Chief William Bratton renewed their criticism of President Bush and Congress for not renewing the federal ban on assault weapons, which expired this week. California law banning such sales remains in place.

Bratton pointed out that the seizure of 388 guns exceeded the number of illegal weapons collected by Los Angeles police in 2003. Prior to Thursday's arrest, the LAPD had seized 411 guns this year.

Bratton called the arsenal ``a phenomenal number of guns that will not be on the streets ... killing people.''

Police will attempt to trace the guns to determine their source and if any have been used in crimes. It was not immediately clear whether any of the guns were legally registered.

Gun unit? Why the ??? do they have a anti-gun unit? The normal police force isn't good enough to take away your rights? LAPD = Nazi JBT's! Vie haf yur gunz! HA!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:01:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that new?? My bro sold a Colt Python to a state patrol officer, in '72. I don't think they did any paperwork.

It's been in effect for qutie a few years, but not that long.  Pretty much everything has to go through a licensed dealer.  No simple face to face transaction, etc.  I used to live out there back when they came up with the idea.  The sorry ass thing is some FFL holders supported the idea because it gave them a lock on the gun business.  I knew of a couple of dealers that wanted gunshows outlawed as well, since it cut into their profits.  

Sometimes it just makes you sick, what people would do for money.

Ross
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#11]
That LA  chief sounds like a real A-hole he needs to worry about gangs instead of the Aw ban expiring
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That LA  chief sounds like a real A-hole he needs to worry about gangs instead of the Aw ban expiring

The LAPD chief reports directly to the L.A. City council. He beholden to them, and the council can fire the chief at the end of 4 year contract just because they can. This was the result of the '92 L.A. riots when then LAPD-chief told the council to go take a hike. So the independent LAPD chief of yore is now replaced by a political lackey of the city council.

Quoted:

I think the law that specified that all firearms transfers must be done by FFL was a state law passed in 1995.

The state gov is going to nail is @$$ to the wall and make an example of him because every level of the govt supports the state and national AWB. This guy could go to prison for a long-time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:30:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Totally f@#*ed up!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
400 guns! 11 of them in his car! I feel like such a piker!

It's an...ARSENAL!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:42:36 AM EDT
[#16]

The illegal arsenal was ``going to be sold by an unlicensed gun dealer trying to get around all the gun laws that we've ... passed to make our streets safer,'' Mayor James Hahn said

Isn't there a law against dealing in guns without a license?  This guy was getting around gun laws?  Hard to believe that a person with a criminal motive would do such a thing.  Simi Valley is a police enclave.  Just another law-abiding citizen lured to the dark side by "evil" profit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes and a liar too. He was saying how the AWB sunset would flood the streets with full auto guns.
"array of firepower"......damn, I like the sound of that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sad

+1

Someone please explain to me what part of the 2A this guy violated......
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Hahn and police Chief William Bratton renewed their criticism of President Bush and Congress for not renewing the federal ban on assault weapons, which expired this week. California law banning such sales remains in place

At least the reporter managed to get the CA ban mentioned in the same breath, which seemed to have been (conveniently) omitted in a lot of stories and statements by CA politicians during the last few weeks.  

I've never understood how making something "more criminal" by stacking federal + state charges works in a practical sense, is it to get around double-jeopardy or just a way to save money on prosecution?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#21]
That State needs the big QUAKE to fix it!! Just let the whole fucking place fall off into the ocean already.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
along with armor-piercing ammunition that is illegal in California, authorities said.

This is interesting.  I'm putting money on it being rifle ammunition....prolly either .233 or some old .30-06.  Everything I've read says only HANDGUN armor piercing ammo is illegal here.  Of course this doesn't stop everyone and their brother from assuming rifle ammo is illegal in CA also.  This is one of those OLD CA urban gun ledgends.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Right .. because every single one ... ah nevermind
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sad

+1

The Attorney General of the People's Repubik of Kalifornistan says that the Second Amendment doesn't really apply here:

ag.ca.gov/firearms/2amend.htm

Attorney General Position on the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

I am deeply committed to the preservation and protection of the system of government our founding fathers established for our country more than two hundred years ago, including the Bill of Rights. I am also honored that the people of California elected me to a position sworn to uphold and protect both the California and United States Constitutions as the chief law officer of our state. (California Constitution, article V, section 13 and California Government Code, section 12511.)

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution provides, in its entirety:

"A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Although I am sworn to uphold the law, the responsibilities of my office do not permit me to independently interpret the state and federal Constitutions or the statutes written pursuant to those Constitutions. In the system of separation of powers established by our forefathers, that role is properly performed by the state and federal Courts.

"In the last few decades, courts and commentators have offered what may fairly be characterized as three different basic interpretations of the Second Amendment. The first is that the Second Amendment does not apply to individuals; rather, it merely recognizes the right of a state to arm its militia. . . . [the second perspective is that] the `individual' right to bear arms can only be exercised by members of a functioning, organized state militia who bear the arms while and as a part of actively participating in the organized militia's activities. . . .The third model is simply that the Second Amendment recognizes the right of individuals to keep and bear arms." United States v. Emerson (2001) 270 F.3d 203, 218-220. Although the only federal circuit court of appeals to adopt the third model has been the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, "the individual rights view has enjoyed considerable academic endorsement, especially in the last two decades." (Id at 220).

The federal and state courts interpreting the scope and meaning of the Second Amendment in California's jurisdiction, however, have consistently reached two conclusions, both of which are clear and unambiguous:

1) The Second Amendment limits only the powers of the federal government, not those of the states; and,

2) The "right to keep and bear arms" under the Second Amendment is not an individual right to possess firearms, but a collective right of the States to keep and maintain a "well-regulated militia." (United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174, 178 (1939); Hickman v. Block, 81 F.3d 98, 101-102 (9th Cir. 1995); Fresno Rifle Club v. Van de Kamp, 965 F.2d 723, 729-731 (9th Cir. 1992); see also cases listed in "Federal Constitutional Right to Bear Arms" 37 A.L.R.Fed. 696 and Supp (1978); and see Galvan v. Superior Court, 70 Cal.2d 851, 866 (1969)["The claim that legislation regulating weapons violates the Second Amendment has been rejected by every court which has ruled on the question."]. The Second Amendment also permits federal regulation of firearms, as long as such regulation does not encroach upon the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia. (United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939); see also, Gun Control Act of 1968, Title 18 United States Code, section 921, et seq.)

Likewise, the California Supreme Court has determined that laws passed by the state legislature which address gun control can be valid. "No mention is made in [the California Constitution] of a right to bear arms. (See In re Ramirez (1924) 193 Cal. 633, 651 [226 P. 914, 34 A.L.R. 51][`The constitution of this state contains no provision on the subject.'].) Moreover, `it is long since settled in this state that regulation of firearms is a proper police function.' (Galvan v. Superior Court, (1969) 70 Cal.2d 851, 866 [76 Cal.Rptr. 642, 452 P.2d 930].)" Kasler v. Lockyer, (2000) 23 Cal.4th 472, 481.

I am duty bound and constitutionally obligated to defend and enforce the law as written by our state legislature and explained by our courts. And, while I am personally convinced that the Second Amendment was indeed intended to provide some measure of entitlement for individuals to own firearms, the degree of that entitlement, and the extent to which it must be balanced with the state's right and responsibility to protect public health and safety, is still being interpreted by our nation's courts. And I believe that the interpretation of most courts, which holds that the states have the power to regulate firearms possession and usage within their boundaries, is both wise and correct. As a legislator, I supported reasonable measures to regulate firearms over the years. As California's Attorney General, I strongly support the system of government which we enjoy, and which I am sworn to preserve and protect, and I will continue to keep my promise to the people of California to fairly and fully enforce our laws, and to defend the laws our representatives have enacted.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Several changes to the law '89-'94. Person-to-person NON-Parent-child-grandchild are now Verbotten (without registered transfer).
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What is an illegal gun?
I mean, the weapon itself is not illegal? Right?
It can be legally owned by someone, somewhere.
Maybe its illegally possesed....but the guns arent either legal or illegal, just pieces of metal.

Lemme guess. With that "Logic", you think that Income Tax can be successfully ignored, too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Armor piercing rounds are legal in CA.. as long as they're rifle rounds...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sad

+1

As much as your fantasies imagine it so, the 2nd Amendment is NOT the ONLY Gun Law in this Nation. Obey them, or muster enough political clout to have them stricken / amended.
Disobey them, in ANY State, and get caught - you made your choice, suffer the punishment.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
That State needs the big QUAKE to fix it!! Just let the whole fucking place fall off into the ocean already.

Thanks, No. I'm living in Los Angeles, only about 25mi from this 'seizure'. I've been working for years against the pathetic firearms laws in this City, County, State. I will not RUN from the challenge, I will obey those Laws no matter how disgusting or restrictive, and I will do everything I can to create / facilitate new LEGAL gunowners. It is the only workable path to changing the situation.
Those that routinely say 'Move' or 'destroy CA' or 'Kick them out of the Union' are doing a grave disservice to those of us in this State fighting the fight. You have my equal scorn, in RETURN.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
along with armor-piercing ammunition that is illegal in California, authorities said.

This is interesting.  I'm putting money on it being rifle ammunition....prolly either .233 or some old .30-06.  Everything I've read says only HANDGUN armor piercing ammo is illegal here.  Of course this doesn't stop everyone and their brother from assuming rifle ammo is illegal in CA also.  This is one of those OLD CA urban gun ledgends.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's the relevant sections of the CA Penal Code -

12320. Any person, firm, or corporation who, within this state knowingly possesses any handgun ammunition designed primarily to penetrate metal or armor is guilty of a public offense and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison or in the county jail for a term not to exceed one year, or by a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

12321. Any person, firm, or corporation who, within this state, manufactures, imports, sells, offers to sell, or knowingly transports any handgun ammunition designed primarily to penetrate metal or armor is guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in state prison, or by a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

12322. Nothing in this chapter shall apply to or affect either of the following:
(a) The sale to, purchase by, possession of, or use of any ammunition by any member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps of the United States, or the National Guard, while on duty and acting within the scope and course of his or her employment, or any police agency or forensic laboratory or any person who is the holder of a valid permit issued pursuant to Section 12305.
(b) The possession of handgun ammunition designed primarily to penetrate metal or armor by a person who found the ammunition, if he or she is not prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition pursuant to Section 12021, 12021.1, or paragraph (1) of subdivision (b) of Section 12316 of this code or Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code and is transporting the ammunition to a law enforcement agency for disposition according to law.

12323. As used in this chapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(a) "Handgun ammunition" means ammunition principally for use in pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 12001, notwithstanding that the ammunition may also be used in some rifles.
(b) "Handgun ammunition designed primarily to penetrate metal or armor" means any ammunition, except a shotgun shell or ammunition primarily designed for use in rifles, that is designed primarily to penetrate a body vest or body shield, and has either of the following characteristics:
(1) Has projectile or projectile core constructed entirely, excluding the presence of traces of other substances, from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium, or any equivalent material of similar density or hardness.
(2) Is primarily manufactured or designed, by virtue of its shape, cross-sectional density, or any coating applied thereto, including, but not limited to, ammunition commonly known as "KTW ammunition," to breach or penetrate a body vest or body shield when fired from a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
(c) "Body vest or shield" means any bullet-resistant material intended to provide ballistic and trauma protection for the wearer or holder.
(d) "Rifle" shall have the same meaning as defined in paragraph (20) of subdivision (c) of Section 12020.

nothing in there about RIFLE AP Ammunition being restricted.

Another tidbit on the CA transfer laws, from the CA DOJ Firearms Div FAQ - I want to sell a gun to another person, i.e., a private party transfer.  Am I required to conduct the transaction through a licensed California firearms dealer?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#32]
btw, tracer ammunition is Illegal in the State of California.
Conversely / perversely - "boating safety flares" of the cheap / low budget plastic gun kind are 12 gauge.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
nothing in there about RIFLE AP Ammunition being restricted.

I'm guessing them used the same trick as on the federal level - one handgun in that caliber makes it a rifle round. So as soon as someone makes one of these in a rifle caliber, it's considered a handgun caliber for the purposes of the armor-piercing ammo prohibition.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#35]

This man, who as far as we know has committed no crime against another, will die in an iron cage, surrounded by cutthroats, rapists and murderers. All because, ultimately, a politician ordered a policeman to put him there.

Plenty of blame to go around here. Lest some of you misread the above as cop bashing, that's not the case. It was the sheeple who granted the politician the power to give the order that started this chain of events on its merry way. And it's a process that will continue repeating itself until and unless we can educate the sheeple in the error of their ways.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I think CA needs to pass more laws to make the private sale of firearms illegal, it's obvious the ones currently on the books aren't working
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gun unit? Why the ??? do they have a anti-gun unit? The normal police force isn't good enough to take away your rights...

The "Normal" LAPD is workig three homicide scenes at any given time and each patrol officer is backed up 12 to 15 calls 24/7.  Specialty Details are the only cops in LAPD who have time to conduct investigations.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is interesting.  I'm putting money on it being rifle ammunition....prolly either .233 or some old .30-06.  Everything I've read says only HANDGUN armor piercing ammo is illegal here.

Correct. He may have had some old THV or Magsafe super swat though...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Just more evidence CA is a communist state.  I feel sorry for the decent folks that live there and hope they can escape.  Rest of it can break off and sink into the Pacific for all I care.  CA is a drag on the rest of the nation, politically at least.

At least my Beta Cmag isnt illegal to fully load.  Ohian heal they self...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

This man, who as far as we know has committed no crime against another, will die in an iron cage, surrounded by cutthroats, rapists and murderers. All because, ultimately, a politician ordered a policeman to put him there.

Doubtfull. More than likely he will lose the entire collection, serve less than 90 days I  jail, and 3 years probation.  That's what that Reza guy got. He's the School janitor that threatened to kill his coworkers in San Juan Capistrano California. Cops foudd CS gas, and SBR's in his house and storage locker.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Another tidbit on the CA transfer laws, from the CA DOJ Firearms Div FAQ - I want to sell a gun to another person, i.e., a private party transfer.  Am I required to conduct the transaction through a licensed California firearms dealer?

This is the one that allows you to buy more than one handgun a month and of course allows you to buy a Garand (C&R items not required)  without this transfer if I'm reading it correctly.  I love the law.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

everyone's an a-hole here, even arnie
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#43]
The more prohibative the laws are the more people will try to get around the already illegal firearms laws.
Remember years ago when you came home from school did your homework then grabbed the 22 went outside and shot at targets. Nobody complained, the cops didn't show up to harass you.

Also
Remember years ago you got your sears catalog and ordered a rifle and it came right to your door.

Hardly had any problems but now with all these so called laws we have we have nothing but problems.

Its called in the USA "operation confuse and conquer"  Thats right, if the gov can confuse us enough we will screw up and end in jail or with a felony. Example The IRS code, gun laws etc.

Enough said where's my blood pressure pills.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The more prohibative the laws are the more people will try to get around the already illegal firearms laws.
Remember years ago when you came home from school did your homework then grabbed the 22 went outside and shot at targets. Nobody complained, the cops didn't show up to harass you.

Also
Remember years ago you got your sears catalog and ordered a rifle and it came right to your door.

Hardly had any problems but now with all these so called laws we have we have nothing but problems.

Its called in the USA "operation confuse and conquer"  Thats right, if the gov can confuse us enough we will screw up and end in jail or with a felony. Example The IRS code, gun laws etc.

Enough said where's my blood pressure pills.

I read about this in a book somewhere! I guess you could call all of this Unitended Consequences.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Like the expiration of the AWB had any effect in the PRK.  This is probably a news op set up by Fienswine.  If you think I need tin foil your right and so do you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:51:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Like the expiration of the AWB had any effect in the PRK.

Only things that changed is we can put flash supressors, bayonet lugs, and collaspable stocks on our post 94 semi autos now.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:21:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gun unit? Why the ??? do they have a anti-gun unit? The normal police force isn't good enough to take away your rights...

The "Normal" LAPD is workig three homicide scenes at any given time and each patrol officer is backed up 12 to 15 calls 24/7.  Specialty Details are the only cops in LAPD who have time to conduct investigations.

Works against them huh? If Cali didn't have so many stupid ass laws, they wouldn't need "speicalized" units. Or is this just another way to increase the number of government employees?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top