Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 4:25:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
He's making music with his friends...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that Jimmy Carter?

And didnt Willie support Dennis Kucinich for pres?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#3]
willie nelson is a dried up old tax evading dopeheaded worthless sack of shit that couldnt sing to start with....................THEN he started believing that he could actually sing and it went further downhill from there

he also sent a case of whiskey to the human shit TX demoscums when they tucked their sorry ass tails and ran to new mexico to avoid redistricting........................

to hell with him
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Wheres DoubleFeed?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
willie nelson is a dried up old tax evading dopeheaded worthless sack of shit that couldnt sing to start with....................THEN he started believing that he could actually sing and it went further downhill from there

he also sent a case of whiskey to the human shit TX demoscums when they tucked their sorry ass tails and ran to new mexico to avoid redistricting........................

to hell with him

Uh, yeah!  What he said.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Some people just dig that guy.  There's a resturant/bar called Charley's (not the chain) in Paia Maui that is almost a shrine to that guy and Chris Kristopherson.  I don't think that they have business interests in the place, I just think they like being received well there.  I guess it figures because in addition to being a windsurf/surf town Paia was/is a serious drug haven in the '60s and '70s.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to hell with him

Uh, yeah!  What he said.

+2  How did he get as popular as he did?  Sorta the Dr. Joyce Brothers of country and western.  Keep hanging around famous people and eventually you'll get noticed I guess.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I make it a point to pirate all of his songs that i like off the webernet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#9]
willie nelson has made some great tunes....politics be damned.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wheres DoubleFeed?

He is hiding ---------------
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#11]
don't get me wrong....................the sack of shit is a GREAT songwriter and mediocre singer made famous by his songwriting ability

but, he's still worthless as tits on a boar hog
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Jimmy Carter is a friend of the family of sorts.  I have met him on many occasions, and I'll actually be at a dinner party with him tomorrow night.  I greatly admire him as a human being and hope to get a chance to simply say hi and shake his hand.  I wouldn't expect him to remember who I was, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he did, only because he has an ability to get to know people when he meets them.

That being said, I, along with all of our family and friends do not hold a high opinion of his politics.
On the contrary, we think he has alot of screws loose.  He has done some things and said some things in the past several years that have simply made my blood boil.

He could have turned in the right direction like Zell did, but it he prefers insanity instead.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't hold back TexRdnec, tell us how you really feel.

BTW, I feel the same way. But he's one hell of a song writer. Just can't sing 'em.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, indeed, this is DoubleFeed bait......
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll never smoke weed with Willie again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
And didn't Willie support Dennis Kucinich for pres?

You mean someone actually took Kucinich seriously in his "run" for the Dem nomination? Now that's funny!
Finnbear
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have to agree. Willie suck ass.

He needs a mohawk and should start playing Goth music.
It would be an improvement.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#21]

That being said, I, along with all of our family and friends do not hold a high opinion of his politics.

Yeah, me too. But then, being one of the worst presidents in our country's history will leave that impression with some folks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Willie needs to quit smoking that stuff man!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Willie Nelson = total phony.  The guy wore suit & tie in his early years and could not sell an album.  Then he went with the homeless look and went country.  People who did not know any better ate it up.  He has been a fake for over 40 years, a very successful one though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Shut yer mouth, TxRednec.  Yer a Rascal Flatts fan who needs to come out of the closet.  RF is nasty, and so is your taste in music, as evidenced by your hatred of Willie.
As for who the freaks that Willie hangs around with, I stopped bothering to defend that a long time ago.  Why didn't you show the picture of Willie getting hugged by Jesse Jackson, or Willie with his Kucinich shirt on?
TxRN, Willie is going to bite you.

luckily enough for me, i can honestly say that not only do i not know who the fuck "rascal flatts" is, i have even less of an idea of what they sing.  praise be to allah
P.S. allah can suck my left fucking nut, but is not even worthy enough for the right
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty.......... there is a common thread here.

THEY CAN'T SING!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

THEY CAN'T SING!

You forgot  Kristofferson.  I happen to like all four of 'em.   If I stopped listening to music based on the artists' political views, I'd be listening to very little music.  Artists are artists:  Freaks with talents and those talents, more often than not, come with a bitchy rebelious streak.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Artists are artists:  Freaks with talents and those talents, more often than not, come with a bitchy rebelious streak.

And an insatiable lust for a global fanbase and record sales.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#28]
The one thing Willie can claim for sure, is that until he came along in a long braid, all rednecks had flat-tops or buzz cut. Post Willie, it became very "redneck cool" to have hair long enough to braid. But no, he can't sing worth a lick.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Willie Nelson = total phony.  The guy wore suit & tie in his early years and could not sell an album.  Then he went with the homeless look and went country.  People who did not know any better ate it up.  He has been a fake for over 40 years, a very successful one though.

Total phoney is a bit harsh. His early years were the 60's. Take a look at  a lot of the bands of the time, coat and tie were fairly common when performing on TV. He had a new style which didn't catch on right away. I think it had to do with his phraseology(?), there were lots of popular country singers with bad voices before Willie. Boxcar Willie, Grandpa Jones, Roy Akuff, just about every singing cowboy, etc.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:02:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THEY CAN'T SING!

You forgot  Kristofferson.  I happen to like all four of 'em.   If I stopped listening to music based on the artists' political views, I'd be listening to very little music.  Artists are artists:  Freaks with talents and those talents, more often than not, come with a bitchy rebelious streak.

Well put. I am also a fan of all four
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:05:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Willie needs to quit smoking that stuff man!

No he needs more.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:20:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top