In the wrong hands? Yup.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Puppies.....and sweater puppies....
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Pets -----------------------------right.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do these look like assault weapons.
www.purepits.net/bluemales3wks1.jpg

Baby Tigers are cute also ----------- till they grow up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are cute when they grow up.  I had a girlfriend that was co owner of an animal sanctuary that had several Bengals, cougars, lionesses.  As long as you don't use animal fat based bath soap and the creature is fed they are pretty playful.  A big cat pur is a trip too.  She could just walk right in the cage with a 500 pound bengal and lay next to it and rub it's belly and it would pur and drool.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are cute when they grow up.  I had a girlfriend that was co owner of an animal sanctuary that had several Bengals, cougars, lionesses.  As long as you don't use animal fat based bath soap and the creature is fed they are pretty playful.  A big cat pur is a trip too.  She could just walk right in the cage with a 500 pound bengal and lay next to it and rub it's belly and it would pur and drool.  

That is what Sigfried and Roy thought --- at one time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That is what Sigfried and Roy thought --- at one time.

Those are whites.  In case you don't know.  There is no such thing as a white Bengal breed.  They are terribly inbred over many generations to achive the white color.   The Whites are terribly retarded and often have tremendous vision problems.  

ETA don't believe the hype about the "Original" white bloodline from India of 4 cubs that all others are descendant from.  This is a myth put forth to ease libs feelings about captive whites.  That gene line has been extinct for decades.  Most research on that line indicates these were an inbred line as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Jacquelyn

I don't own a pit bull, I probably never will.  I am more of a Black Labrador person.
You don't know why a reasonable person would own a pit bull? Probably because your reasonably ignorant in the difference of people.  Lets all be like Jacquelyn, the pit bull hater.

1)  Dogs do occasionally bite people, they are animals, get used to it. Just because you have a personal vendetta and the media to present your dribble one breed should not be ostracized.  In your sheer compassionate term; "extinct".

2)  Your insignificant. Only bed wetters want to read YOUR reasons on why THEIR freedoms should be opposed upon.

3)  Your text blames "rap culture" for popularizing the Pit Bull Terrier.  So Negroes and Negro "wannabes", as you pointed out are responsible?  Nice.

4)  Along with you ignorant, hateful views on human rights, animal rights, and race equality, your obviously a scare monger.  You push the terms "loaded handgun" and "assault rifle" to juice up your text and instill the maximum fright in people who also share your ignorance.  You may not know what a "Assault Weapon" is but I do.  In fact, I managed to live well into my 30's without getting bitten.  Weapons are incapable of functioning on their own. They are emotionless, they do not initiate or defend.

5)  Your best point of all: all things with purpose must be able to be safely fondled by a small child.  I will fill you in that certain things DO NOT belong around children. Such a sterile world you promote yet, God gave YOU fertility.  I hope your child does not inherit your sense of prejudice, purpose, and understanding.

There is a breed of ankle-biting people who will become extinct but, not quietly.  Quivering people like you, Jacquelyn, who point fingers and pronounce disgust.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Jacquelyn

I don't own a pit bull, I probably never will.  I am more of a Black Labrador person.
You don't know why a reasonable person would own a pit bull?  Probably because your reasonably ignorant.

1)  Dogs do occasionally bite people, they are animals, get used to it. Just because you have a personal vendetta and the media to present your dribble one breed should not be ostracized.  In your sheer compassionate term; "extinct".

2)  Your insignificant. Only bed wetters want to read YOUR reasons on why THEIR freedoms should be opposed upon.

3)  Your text blames "rap culture" for popularizing the Pit Bull Terrier.  So Negroes and Negro "wannabes", as you pointed out are responsible?  Nice.

4)  Along with you ignorant, hateful views on human rights, animal rights, and race equality, your obviously a scare monger.  You push the terms "loaded handgun" and "assault rifle" to juice up your text and instill the maximum fright in people who also share your ignorance.  You may not know what a "Assault Weapon" is but I do.  In fact, I managed to live well into my 30's without getting bitten.  Weapons are incapable of functioning on their own. They are emotionless, they do not initiate or defend.

5)  Your best point of all: all things with purpose must be able to be safely fondled by a small child.  I will fill you in that certain things DO NOT belong around children. Such a sterile world you promote yet, God gave YOU fertility.  I hope your child does not inherit your sense of prejudice, purpose, and understanding.

There is a breed of ankle-biting people who will become extinct but, not quietly.  Quivering people like you, Jacquelyn, who point fingers and pronounce disgust.

Your skeering me
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Does this mean that my AR is a legless bulldog?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Depends, do they have a detachable magazine,pistol grip, bayo lug or flash hider?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Ban them!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#15]
If we are entitled to "Every terrible impliment of the solider" as the quote by Trench Coxe goes than we can have Assault Dogs.

I have seen at least a 100 pics of Trained Attack Dogs in use by military handlers in Iraq, so as a member of the militia I need my attack Pit Bull.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#16]
AGNTSA

Why does anyone need a pit bull?

Why does anyone need anything?

You can tell me from now until next week, and I am sure you will, that an American pit bull terrier is no more or less likely to injure than any other dog, that the disposition of a dog relies on the training, diligence and vigilance of its owner.

Translation: I've made up my mind, no use arguing or responding. Kiss my ass all of you. As a narrow-minded person, I will continue to disbelieve against all reason or logic that an intelligent breed of dog can be trained like any other dog and will continue to cling to my own prejudices and preconceived notions.

But I still wonder why a reasonable person needs a pit bull or a Rottweiler,

Translation: I can't think of a decent argument now, so I will make an attempt at impugning the reason of a person who chooses to own one of these breeds.

One Rottie fan even suggested that a child ought not to be left alone with such dogs. Well, if you have a dog you can't leave alone with a child, you have a dog without a purpose.

I suggest that people should monitor a child's activity with just about any animal, including this lady's beloved Chihuahua, ferrets, parakeets, etc.

People who own pit bulls argue that these dogs, too, can be tender pets. But they were bred to bring down bulls, so it seems logical that people don't choose them because they value their gentle, peaceful character.

Yes, they can be as tender as any dog. Also beagles were bred to bring down rabbits, hounds were bred to hunt and tree other animals, and Rhodesian Ridgebacks were used to hunt lions. What's the point? Pit bulls were also specifically bred to NOT be aggressive to humans, and were instantly culled if they showed this trait. It is only in the past few years that moronic thugs, drug dealers, and gangbangers have begun to train and attempt to breed these dogs for aggression towards humans. By this woman's logic, no one would choose a Dalmation because of its gentle, peaceful character, but because they're firefighter wannabes. Her so-called 'logic' is suspect.

pit bulls, Rottweilers and the like are trendy now because they are perceived as, if you will, gangster dogs. They're the canine equivalent of an assault weapon rather than a hunting rifle.

This statement needs no further comment other than the icon directly to the left.

Though I'm no psychologist, I'd wager that people who have them identify with their dogs, just as people who drive Corvettes identify with their cars. The dogs may make up for something the owner feels he or she is lacking - perhaps power.

You're right lady; your NOT a psychologist. Stop making idiotic assumptions. This old "must be compensating for something! Heh heh heh," rhetoric is pointless. This is the type of person that tells everyone that you have a small penis if you have the means and desire to purchase and drive a sportscar. Another pathetic attempt at impugning the reputations of people that choose to participate in activities that she doesn't approve of. Typical s0kkermommie behavior.

My worst dog encounter was the time a pit bull-Dalmatian mix (swell idea) bit my toddler, who tried to pet it through its fence. The fence was directly adjacent to a public toddler playground (very smart idea, also).

Wow! Judging the actions of an entire breed by the actions of ONE half-breed mutt! Amazing! Here's an incredible idea! ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS INCIDENT YOURSELF, SINCE YOU FAILED TO MONITOR YOUR CHILD. I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I don't let my stepson reach through stranger's fences to pet strange animals.

Owners of these big, powerful dogs often don't have the training or experience to cope with their animals, most often the dogs responsible for serious bites and fatal accidents.

Another unfounded assumption on the part of the author. I wonder if she's just guessing on this?

Aggression can be trained out of any well-raised dog. But no well-trained dog goes for the face of a child. That's what predator animals do to kill and, unless under terrible torture, any well-trained dog understands it is the bottom of the pack, subordinate to the smallest human in the vicinity.

This quote just contradicts everything she's said up to this point. Aggression can be trained out of any dog, unless that dog is half-witted or otherwise retarded. She also fails to realize that dogs by their very nature are predators, and makes a half-hearted attempt to insinuate that certain breeds are "more predatory" than other breeds. Feh. Any dog can be trained to be subordinate, and it's not that hard, regardless of breed.

That's why my mutt only grimaces when our 3-year-old sits on him. The child doesn't quite yet know better, but the dog does.

My dog (one of the eeeev1l breeds the author speaks of) doesn't even grimace when our 6 year old sits on him. She just drools, slobbers, and wriggles out from under him so she can sit on him.

When I visit the local Humane Society, the dogs snarling at their cage bars are most often pit bulls or pit bull mixes, jaws bared, ugly squared heads raging.

My experience at the local animal shelter is completely different from what the author has stated. The pits act just like the others; sometimes barking, sometimes whimpering.

Those who have to own a large dog can own a golden retriever or a German shepherd, dogs which can be trained, taught to help the blind and the police, or to search for the lost, as well as protect.

Look what I found with a 10 second Google search!

Search and Rescue Pit Bulls

Once again, the author's prejudice and ignorance strikes again. Besides, why would you train a dog to protect you? I thought she said people with guard dogs are paranoid, and bad citizens.

There are vicious St. Bernards, and vicious Jack Russell terriers, but they aren't bred purposefully for that characteristic. Pits and Rotties are.

More of the same. I can't speak for the breeding of Rottweilers, but the breeding history of the American Pit Bull Terrier did not select for aggression towards humans, or viciousness.

It isn't the dogs, but the owners who really need their heads examined, but since humans aren't likely to grasp that, the breeds ought to be allowed to quietly become extinct.

So now it's NOT the dogs' fault, but the owners? Can't this lady come up with a coherent argument that sticks to one or two mutually supporting points?

A pit bull in the house is like a loaded handgun. It might never cause any harm. But it has more than ordinary potential. And once it does, the owner can call off the dog, but never call off the tragedy.

Once again, I scoff.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Pit/Lab mix saved her from the dog pound in hawaii. She is the best dogs I have ever owned.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have a Pit/Lab mix saved her from the dog pound in hawaii. She is the best dogs I have ever owned.

I had a lab /  doberman mix and thought the same thing  --------- till the day it turned on me , and I shot it because I thought it  was a hazzard to the grand kids.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Jacquelyn

You don't know why a reasonable person would own a pit bull? Probably because your reasonably ignorant in the difference of people.  Lets all be like Jacquelyn, the pit bull hater.

Damn!  Preach on, brother!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I got to play with a full grown pit... friendly sonuvabitch.... don't raise a hand at her owner, she'll rip out your throat and  lap up the blood.

What a cutey-pie

- BG

Seriously, i like that dog
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I only have one thing  to say my American Staffordshire was a damn good dog as most of them are he was'nt bred or raised to be of any killer instinct,people breed/raise dogs for many characteristics and some of it's down right wrong regardless of the breed.

Thankfully my rescue Hobo dog was not one of them....a true buddy to the end R.I.P
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#22]
don't believe everything you hear. i remember a short time ago when sharks were about to take over the continental United States. check out this kennel. go to breedings for a gnarly pic of my little grand champion.

www.blue-rock.net/

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm getting the popcorn out.You'll never convince a pit owner that this dog,who was bred to fight,maybe,just maybe might have an aggressive streak in his blood that could or could not come out.I have a Lab.When was the last time you heard of a true Lab mauling someone to death???

P.S. Pit Owners,De-Nial is not a river in Egypt.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm getting the popcorn out.You'll never convince a pit owner that this dog,who was bred to fight,maybe,just maybe might have an aggressive streak in his blood that could or could not come out.I have a Lab.When was the last time you heard of a true Lab mauling someone to death???

P.S. Pit Owners,De-Nial is not a river in Egypt.

correct. the nile is.
some irresponsible people have guns, some have pit bulls. if you have a poodle and beat the shit out of it, feed it bloody steak, and keep it locked/chained up all the time...nothing will happen. do this to an apbt, and you have a dangerous animal. it is a powerful dog, but at the same time a softie if obtained from a clean, reputable line and treated correctly.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a lab /  doberman mix and thought the same thing  --------- till the day it turned on me , and I shot it because I thought it  was a hazzard to the grand kids.

Some things just don't seem to like you
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#26]
shit, another pit
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
AGNTSA

Why does anyone need a pit bull?

Why does anyone need anything?

You can tell me from now until next week, and I am sure you will, that an American pit bull terrier is no more or less likely to injure than any other dog, that the disposition of a dog relies on the training, diligence and vigilance of its owner.

Translation: I've made up my mind, no use arguing or responding. Kiss my ass all of you. As a narrow-minded person, I will continue to disbelieve against all reason or logic that an intelligent breed of dog can be trained like any other dog and will continue to cling to my own prejudices and preconceived notions.

But I still wonder why a reasonable person needs a pit bull or a Rottweiler,

Translation: I can't think of a decent argument now, so I will make an attempt at impugning the reason of a person who chooses to own one of these breeds.

One Rottie fan even suggested that a child ought not to be left alone with such dogs. Well, if you have a dog you can't leave alone with a child, you have a dog without a purpose.

I suggest that people should monitor a child's activity with just about any animal, including this lady's beloved Chihuahua, ferrets, parakeets, etc.

People who own pit bulls argue that these dogs, too, can be tender pets. But they were bred to bring down bulls, so it seems logical that people don't choose them because they value their gentle, peaceful character.

Yes, they can be as tender as any dog. Also beagles were bred to bring down rabbits, hounds were bred to hunt and tree other animals, and Rhodesian Ridgebacks were used to hunt lions. What's the point? Pit bulls were also specifically bred to NOT be aggressive to humans, and were instantly culled if they showed this trait. It is only in the past few years that moronic thugs, drug dealers, and gangbangers have begun to train and attempt to breed these dogs for aggression towards humans. By this woman's logic, no one would choose a Dalmation because of its gentle, peaceful character, but because they're firefighter wannabes. Her so-called 'logic' is suspect.

pit bulls, Rottweilers and the like are trendy now because they are perceived as, if you will, gangster dogs. They're the canine equivalent of an assault weapon rather than a hunting rifle.

This statement needs no further comment other than the icon directly to the left.

Though I'm no psychologist, I'd wager that people who have them identify with their dogs, just as people who drive Corvettes identify with their cars. The dogs may make up for something the owner feels he or she is lacking - perhaps power.

You're right lady; your NOT a psychologist. Stop making idiotic assumptions. This old "must be compensating for something! Heh heh heh," rhetoric is pointless. This is the type of person that tells everyone that you have a small penis if you have the means and desire to purchase and drive a sportscar. Another pathetic attempt at impugning the reputations of people that choose to participate in activities that she doesn't approve of. Typical s0kkermommie behavior.

My worst dog encounter was the time a pit bull-Dalmatian mix (swell idea) bit my toddler, who tried to pet it through its fence. The fence was directly adjacent to a public toddler playground (very smart idea, also).

Wow! Judging the actions of an entire breed by the actions of ONE half-breed mutt! Amazing! Here's an incredible idea! ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS INCIDENT YOURSELF, SINCE YOU FAILED TO MONITOR YOUR CHILD. I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I don't let my stepson reach through stranger's fences to pet strange animals.

Owners of these big, powerful dogs often don't have the training or experience to cope with their animals, most often the dogs responsible for serious bites and fatal accidents.

Another unfounded assumption on the part of the author. I wonder if she's just guessing on this?

Aggression can be trained out of any well-raised dog. But no well-trained dog goes for the face of a child. That's what predator animals do to kill and, unless under terrible torture, any well-trained dog understands it is the bottom of the pack, subordinate to the smallest human in the vicinity.

This quote just contradicts everything she's said up to this point. Aggression can be trained out of any dog, unless that dog is half-witted or otherwise retarded. She also fails to realize that dogs by their very nature are predators, and makes a half-hearted attempt to insinuate that certain breeds are "more predatory" than other breeds. Feh. Any dog can be trained to be subordinate, and it's not that hard, regardless of breed.

That's why my mutt only grimaces when our 3-year-old sits on him. The child doesn't quite yet know better, but the dog does.

My dog (one of the eeeev1l breeds the author speaks of) doesn't even grimace when our 6 year old sits on him. She just drools, slobbers, and wriggles out from under him so she can sit on him.

When I visit the local Humane Society, the dogs snarling at their cage bars are most often pit bulls or pit bull mixes, jaws bared, ugly squared heads raging.

My experience at the local animal shelter is completely different from what the author has stated. The pits act just like the others; sometimes barking, sometimes whimpering.

Those who have to own a large dog can own a golden retriever or a German shepherd, dogs which can be trained, taught to help the blind and the police, or to search for the lost, as well as protect.

Look what I found with a 10 second Google search!

Search and Rescue Pit Bulls

Once again, the author's prejudice and ignorance strikes again. Besides, why would you train a dog to protect you? I thought she said people with guard dogs are paranoid, and bad citizens.

There are vicious St. Bernards, and vicious Jack Russell terriers, but they aren't bred purposefully for that characteristic. Pits and Rotties are.

More of the same. I can't speak for the breeding of Rottweilers, but the breeding history of the American Pit Bull Terrier did not select for aggression towards humans, or viciousness.

It isn't the dogs, but the owners who really need their heads examined, but since humans aren't likely to grasp that, the breeds ought to be allowed to quietly become extinct.

So now it's NOT the dogs' fault, but the owners? Can't this lady come up with a coherent argument that sticks to one or two mutually supporting points?

A pit bull in the house is like a loaded handgun. It might never cause any harm. But it has more than ordinary potential. And once it does, the owner can call off the dog, but never call off the tragedy.

Once again, I scoff.

+1

Out of all the dogs I have had, Labs, Chows, Pugs, Sheepdogs and so on

My pitbulls have been the best. The nicest dogs to kids. The smartest, can be in a pain in the ass when they learn how to open the drawer where the treats are
And just overall best dogs. They are over grown lap dogs.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some things just don't seem to like you

I shoot the things that don't ---------------
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Ohhh ok.. Wonder how Jacquelyn feels about my Sharpei. That dog is scared of everything, and has always gotten very sheepish when accidentally catching my finger or hand while playing. After we had him for a few months, I wanted to see what kinda disposition he had.. So while he was hooked up and sleeping on the side of the house, I snuck up on him and charged him into a corner. He started yelping and backing into the corner with his tail tucked.. Funniest thing I've ever seen a supposedly 'mean dog breed' do.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Pitbulls are some of the best looking dogs period.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Ohhh ok.. Wonder how Jacquelyn feels about my Sharpei. That dog is scared of everything, and has always gotten very sheepish when accidentally catching my finger or hand while playing. After we had him for a few months, I wanted to see what kinda disposition he had.. So while he was hooked up and sleeping on the side of the house, I snuck up on him and charged him into a corner. He started yelping and backing into the corner with his tail tucked.. Funniest thing I've ever seen a supposedly 'mean dog breed' do.

Because they have the evil features. Kind of like the AWB has nothing to do with how the dog will behave.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#32]
any big dog with the right(.. or wrong) owner can be a killing machine..
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Are we doing this topic again?

In the wrong hands ANY dog can become a monster. Bottom line, we're forever responsible for what we've tamed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#34]

^^^^ he said it better, and with less words! LOL

While I've never owned a pit, I've had Dobermann Pinschers all my life. Originally, Dobies were bred specifically for protection, and that instinct remains.  I have never had an aggressive dog...ever!  I know have a Rottweiler, which is the other breed this misguided, uninformed woman mentions.  Zoe, my Rott, is a big baby, she  plays very well with my 8, 4, and 2 year old.
Dogs, like children, are products of their environment. Raised by caring, responsible individuals they turn out just fine. No breed is specifically violent, they just were not raised properly, or , in some rare cases, have genetic deficiencies due to inbreeding. Which is why I buy purebreds from a responsible, experienced breeder.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/141064/pitbull(2).jpg

Pets -----------------------------right.

Beat me to it...

You bet your ASS they look like [future] killers.  I've seen a nice little nine month old pit bull suddenly do what comes purely instinctively and grab my ten month much larger old golden retriever by the throat...for absolutely no reason...and then refuse to let go!  One sec, the pups are playing like pups...they were even laying down next o each other gently nipping and rolling around non-violently...and the next the pit has my pooch locked up in his jaws and my pooch is freaking terrified.  No harm, no foul...but I sure was surprised and scared.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#36]
People who cry about people wanting to ban their guns are all for banning the existance of pit bulls?
SAME exact thing. Just you have no interest in their dogs, and they have interest in your guns. So why not, both should be banned aparantly.
I don't care for the pitbull myself, or dogs in general, but if someone else wants one, who am I to stop them?
If one gets out of line, I'll feed it some medicine. A magazine full of 45.
-Steve
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Beat me to it...

You bet your ASS they look like [future] killers.  I've seen a nice little nine month old pit bull suddenly do what comes purely instinctively and grab my ten month much larger old golden retriever by the throat...for absolutely no reason...and then refuse to let go!  One sec, the pups are playing like pups...they were even laying down next o each other gently nipping and rolling around non-violently...and the next the pit has my pooch locked up in his jaws and my pooch is freaking terrified.  No harm, no foul...but I sure was surprised and scared.

Something similar happened with a friend of mines german rot. It was playing around and got aggressive all of a sudden with him, he punched the thing hard enough that it didn't get up for a few minutes. After that, he had no issues with getting the dog to listen or behave for a while. If a dog gets agressive and doesn't listen, beat the shit out of it, and try again. If that doesn't work dispose of it, its obviously a dangerous dog, regardless of breed. By the way, his dog was one of the best behaved dogs around strangers I've ever seen. He'd keep his distance and just watch you(not really threatening, but he made it clear he was watching you), until my friend ressured him you were ok, then he'd come over wagging his tail and let you pet him.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#39]
^
that's a beautiful pit bull you have there. i like his coat.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#40]
That's why it is nice to live in America.  We have the freedom to own things that others do not want to own.  They don't have to agree, they just need to understand that it is part of living in a free country.  Here's one of my "assault weapons":

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#41]
More pitbull pics

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Nope, targets.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I got attacked by a friends pit once, the damn thing jumped on me and was so excited to see me that she pissed on me. Besides being pissed on by a pit, I've had my leg drooled on after a pit fell asleep with his head on my leg and had the drooler lean on me so long that my arm fell asleep.

Mean sunsabitches I tells ya.

Should I mention I was the victim of a sneak attack by the ever so popular and friendly Dalmation that "had never shown aggressiveness before" (I guess I should have watched the movies)? After I rung it's bell twice with a punch to its jaw and one right on its exposed ear canal, he decided he didn't want anymore but he already got a good puncturing bite on my forearm.

How about the oh so popular GSD that mauled his 70 some-odd year old female owner 2 houses down from me?

Dogs are like people, some are good and some are bad.

How much of it is breeding and how much of it is habitat?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

HOLY.....!

Whatcha been feedin' that dog? Weight gainer?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top