Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 6:34:08 PM EDT
Hey guys just a thought.  I have seen alot of post here about people trading preban  lowers tp people in states that still do not allow the stuff made in the "banned" fashion.  If they ever bring back the law then i would believe that the stuff was grandfatherd before would still be.  unless its something like cali. where you cant have squat.  I mean is once a post ban always a postban?  i have read the letter from the BATF but it did not mention anything about that.  I mean the batf looks at it like once an MG always an mg.  Please dont flame me i am just looking at it from a devils advicate view.  I have a postban stlye Armalite that i would love to make it in the preban configeration but am leary untill i see something that will make me comfortable to do this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If there is a new ban, I doubt anything would be grandfathered.

If you are lucky, it will be like in Kali where you can (hopefully) keep it until you die, then the State gets it (or it gets sold out of state, in this case out of country)

So are you going to 'unthread' your barrel?

Once a postban, always a postban?   No.

I'm sure they would close the "loopholes" that allowed postban guns if they pass another ban
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]

I won't be getting rid of mine.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
God you guys have no hope
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
If you were going to sell, why did you wait until now?
Why didn't you sell about a year ago when pre-ban prices were still pretty high.
Don't sell for the money, (unless you have too!) sell to upgrade to better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
If there is a new ban, they cannot go back to that magical 1994 date.  They would have to start from this or next year as the cut off date and they would most certainly have to grandfather these current rifles in.  Personally, i'd hope that if a total ban were passed, that people revolted and used these guns for what they were designed for in the 2nd Amendment.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I would like to "unthread the barrel.  I like the old fashion birdcabe FH.  I believe the bayo lug is on the front site base so i will need a new one of those.  I would like to find a LEO m4 and buy it so i can legally own one that was stamped leo.If you were going to sell, why did you wait until now?    I do not have a preban.  If i did i would not sell just in case.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope. Just keep your shit until there is a ban plastic parts for firearms.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Every rifle sold or traded to a commie state helps us all. It gets more normal rifles in the hands of people who care about freedom but are stuck behind the lines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top