Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 5:10:17 PM EDT
I haven't been doing too much ordering yet for some parts to "fix" my AR15 rifles.

Have the big guys (Armalite, Bushmaster, RRA, Etc.) had parts like collapsable stocks & barrels with flash suppressor and bayonet lugs in stock or are the backorders starting to pile up?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a Vortex flash hider today, after waiting for their 'large shipment' of Vortex's to arrive.  It obviously wasn't large enough because when I ordered mine there were only 5 left, 4 after I placed my order.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm starting to see some companies jack up their prices.  Case in point, Mounting Solutions had the 50rd 10/22 teardrop LEO magazines for $49.99 before the ban.  Now theysay the new price is $79.99, and all the sites that carry them have that price now.  Unfreaking believable.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.

Collapsible AR stocks are hard to find immediate availability.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes.

Collapsible AR stocks are hard to find immediate availability.

Yeah, I got an email from Tapco that mine won't be in until 10/10. I replied and I told them this is important! I've been waiting 10 years (and 2 days) for this.

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Flash hiders are getting harder to find.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#6]
You should've ordered your stuff 3 months ago.

Mag prices will drop/stabalize within the next few months.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a armorers wrench, A2 flash suppressor, peel washer, new gas tube and pins from Bushmaster monday morning.  I haven't got an email from Bushmaster saying its backordered.  Also, got a no ban 20" heavy barrel from DPMS same time and it will be at my house tommorrow.

Keving67
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You should've ordered your stuff 3 months ago.

Mag prices will drop/stabalize within the next few months.

Oh, I just picked up 15 NIW Centerline 30rd USGI mags manufactured 10/2003 for $10/each.  Hi-cap glock mags can be found for $20 or less.  Butler Creek 25rd mags can be found between $20-25 for the plastic lipped Hot Lips mags.  But some manufacturers have specifically jacked up their pre-ban LEO mag prices by as much as 58%.  It would seem to me that it would be better to move many magazines at $49.99 would be better than moving a few at $79.99.  If the price comes back down, I'll buy some.  It not, then there's no point.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Collectors have all but wiped out the supply of LE marked AR's and mags. Been calling all morning to find a customer some. Just let things settle down, prices will drop after the initial craze,  I'm in no hurry. Mfrs will produce like crazy then have over stocks to try & dump.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I got a collapsable stock from Ace LTD www.riflestocks.com that I've always wanted (was incredibly expensive though).

Got lucky to find a bunch of flash suppressors at Bushmaster this morning. They also had superlight barrels with all the evil features so I got one of those also. Had to backorder the 5-port phantom and the complete M4 barrel though.

I still want a couple of 6 position stocks for a couple of ARs but I'm really in no hurry for them right now.

What I'm really aching for is a paratrooper kit for a FAL but I want to take my time to find the best one I can as its going on my favorite FAL that I built myself.

I feel like a little kid at Christmas. Hope you guys are having fun also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top