Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:31:47 AM EDT
Just got off the phone with Ruger and they said it will be there policy that they wont sell High cap mags or Mini-14 folders to civilians even now.

I replied so you guys are up to the same tricks as before 1994 to whcih she replied that is just company policy and that the management decided that.

I guess Bill really didnt Die HUH
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck em', I never wanted a jamamatic anyways. Far better products out there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I guess I won't be buying any Mini-14's, then.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#5]
With due respect, the Mini 14 has never been a gun I've been particularly fond of anyway.

The barrel heats up too fast, causing drifting.   There are documented issues with the way the op rod hammers on various aspects of the mechanism during recoil affecting accuracy, and even genuine Ruger factor magazines sort of suck.  Sure, most of these issues can be fixed with a few hundred dollars in gunsmithing, but hell... now you're up to the cost of a well equiped AR-15.

Who needs 'em.

They will learn the lesson that a seller who ignores the laws of demand does so at its own peril.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Change the Mini14 for an AR15, duh!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:38:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Bye bye 10/22, hello CZ 452.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just got off the phone with Ruger and they said it will be there policy that they wont sell High cap mags or Mini-14 folders to civilians even now.

I replied so you guys are up to the same tricks as before 1994 to whcih she replied that is just company policy and that the management decided that.

NEWS FLASH: RUGER NEVER SOLD HIGH CAPACITY MINI-14 MAGAZINES TO THE PUBLIC. THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN PRICEY AND HARD TO GET. EVEN IN THE SEVENTIES.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Screw Ruger its boycott time

What are you 17 or 18?  All this boycott talk and such.

Give it a rest, it's the day after the sunset for christ sakes.

I changed it to sound a little better
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NEWS FLASH: RUGER NEVER SOLD HIGH CAPACITY MINI-14 MAGAZINES TO THE PUBLIC. THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN PRICEY AND HARD TO GET. EVEN IN THE SEVENTIES.

NEWS FLASH that was when that old fucker Bill was in there is he there now, I dont think so unless he's burried at the factory
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NEWS FLASH that was when that old fucker Bill was in there is he there now, I dont think so unless he's burried at the factory

Bill Senior doesn't have SQUAT to do with it. Mini 14 GBs, AC556s, and high capacity magazines for those guns were never sold to the public. It had to do with things other than Bill Ruger's personal preferences, whatever those were. Ruger is a publicly traded corporation with a board and stockholders to appease. Their current CEO, Steve Sanetti, was their former chief counsel -- an attorney.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been boycotting Ruger for years.  The ONLY Ruger in my collection is an old Single Six of my grandmother's.  They can keep their junk.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:44:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Give it a rest.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've been boycotting Ruger for years.  The ONLY Ruger in my collection is an old Single Six of my grandmother's.  They can keep their junk.

And I'm sure your granny is proud.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#15]
and your point is
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Bye bye 10/22, hello CZ 452.....

Isn't the 452 a bolt gun?  Or am I thinking of something else?

If you want a good mag-fed 22 auto, what other options would you consider?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
and your point is

And yours was what? That you're not very familiar with Ruger?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Realistically, they probably sell so few Minis that it isn't worth their time and trouble to stock magazines and associated parts.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:47:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
and your point is

Trust me Bill has everything to do with that policy and I wont argue with you about that,  I dont get why people defend and financially support companies that dont support our 2nd amendment right??
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
and your point is

Trust me Bill has everything to do with that policy and I wont argue with you about that,  I dont get why people defend and financially support companies that dont support our 2nd amendment right??

Big-God-damned-deal. Ruger's official stance on high capacity Mini 14 magazines never stopped anyone from getting them. Get a dealer to order some or start hitting the gun shows. Better yet, get some PMIs and STFU.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#21]
you still didnt anwer my question

BTW calm down we are civilized people arent we just have a debate
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Unless you're not in a free state, why would you buy a Mini-14?

I owned one when I lived in Kali. Promptly sold it when I moved.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Funny, the A*Team never had trouble getting them....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#24]
I own no Rugers nor will I.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
you still didnt anwer my question

BTW calm down we are civilized people arent we just have a debate

I did answer it. It has ALWAYS been Ruger's policy to exclude high capacity magazines for the Mini 14 from the civilian market. That's never slowed anyone down and there are plenty of other quality high capacity magazines to boot, like PMI, Thermold, and Masen. You're bent out of shape over NOTHING.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, the A*Team never had trouble getting them....

They were SPESHUL. Besides, if your name is Stembridge, you never have trouble getting much of anything.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I know but

I still dont get why people defend and financially support companies that dont support our 2nd amendment right??
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I know but

I still dont get why people defend and financially support companies that dont support our 2nd amendment right??

You equate Ruger's not selling high capacity Mini 14 magazines directly to the public with not supporting the 2nd Amendment???!!!!! Have you been working without a hardhat, or what?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Those were real mini 14s the a team had, couldn't hit shit with them
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#31]
We all know why Ruger sold us out it was to save the Mini-14 and have that gun dominate the market as the only semi-auto 223 which accepts high cap mags
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#32]

You are dead wrong about rugers policy.

I had a gun store back in the good old days before the ban.

Ruger did indeed sell it's hi cap mini 14 mags to the public.  And then, BEFORE the ban, they came out with a statement that they would voluntarily stop selling them to us.

Ruger has the right to sell or not sell it's product to anyone they choose.  

We have the right to boycott them.

I chose to boycott them.  

Screw them.

I stopped taking orders for ANY ruger product at that point. I turned down anyone who wanted to buy a ruger product from me.

Sorry ruger, screw you.  I hope they go bankrupt.

I will do business with people who appreciate my patronage.  

What kind of loser does business with a company who screws them over again and again?  

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
We all know why Ruger sold us out it was to save the Mini-14 and have that gun dominate the market as the only semi-auto 223 which accepts high cap mags

Uh, yeah, okay.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#34]
10/22 and MkII.

Every gun owner need to own at least one.
It's a shame, but it's true.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Start a company and make your own mags and even sell to the public, simple.

I am no fan of the Mini 14 at all. It is inaccurate even from the first shot and it's heavy and cumbersome, anyone would prefer an AR15 over a Mini14 anytime if they held and shot both.

That being said, I own a P89DC that has thousands upon thousands of .9mm through it and not a single hiccup. It never jammed, never FTF's never FTRB'd, never stovepiped... it never did anything except what it was designed to do, shoot.

Will I buy another Ruger? Nope
They aren't exactly ergonomic and they are a bit clunky but "jammomatic"? not at all (at least not for their pistols)

The Mini14 is another story... a waste of metal and plastic.

As far as their policy, that's fine. Vote with your wallet and let others do the same.

If Kimber was "Pro Kerry"(hehehe) they'd still make a nice gun.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm fond of Ruger Vaqueros.  They're very strong and very good alternative to an over priced and under quality Colt cowboy.  That said, I've always felt their rifles were only good for driving into the ground and tying a cow to them.  Once in a great while I'd hear of someone with an accurate Ruger rifle.  I had three and they wouldn't hit worth a damn.

Want a rifle?  Get a Remington or an AR or something else.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You are dead wrong about rugers policy.

I had a gun store back in the good old days before the ban.

Ruger did indeed sell it's hi cap mini 14 mags to the public.  And then, BEFORE the ban, they came out with a statement that they would voluntarily stop selling them to us.

Ruger has the right to sell or not sell it's product to anyone they choose.  

We have the right to boycott them.

I chose to boycott them.  

Screw them.

I stopped taking orders for ANY ruger product at that point. I turned down anyone who wanted to buy a ruger product from me.

Sorry ruger, screw you.  I hope they go bankrupt.

I will do business with people who appreciate my patronage.  

What kind of loser does business with a company who screws them over again and again?  

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  

I guess the losers who can read and write and appreciate good guns, that's who.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, yeah, okay.

then why was the Mini-14 excluded from the ban list but the M14 was banned HUH
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, yeah, okay.

Well, it *was* to save the Mini-14, Ruger's hope was that magazines would become regulated and not the guns themselves.  As so whether the purpose was for the Mini-14 to dominate the market.. I dunno.  But a business man who doesn't want their product to dominate the market is no business man at all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, yeah, okay.

The Mini 14 doesn't have a flash suppressor, bayonet lug, or folding stock. Must've missed that, HUH?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, yeah, okay.

The Mini 14 doesn't have a flash suppressor, bayonet lug, or folding stock. Must've missed that, HUH?

it had all of those and if it didnt come stock you could modify it to have those just like the M14
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, yeah, okay.

Well, it *was* to save the Mini-14, Ruger's hope was that magazines would become regulated and not the guns themselves.  As so whether the purpose was for the Mini-14 to dominate the market.. I dunno.  But a business man who doesn't want their product to dominate the market is no business man at all.

The last I knew, Ruger manufactured a few more guns other than the Mini 14. Ever heard of the Model 77, Number 1, 10/22, Red Label, Gold Label, Woodside, Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk, Single Six, Mark II, etc.? Guess not.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, yeah, okay.

it had all of those and if it didnt come stock you could modify it to have those just like the M14

Uh, nooooooooooo, it didn't have "all of those." The Mini 14 GB was never sold to the public.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, yeah, okay.

The last I knew, Ruger manufactured a few more guns other than the Mini 14. Ever heard of the Model 77, Number 1, 10/22, Red Label, Gold Label, Woodside, Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk, Single Six, Mark II, etc.? Guess not.

those guns werent at risk of getting banned were they
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, yeah, okay.

Uh, nooooooooooo, it didn't have "all of those." The Mini 14 GB was never sold to the public.

it doesnt matter if they werent sold to the public they were still available to sell to civialns through gun dealers who sold it to them
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, yeah, okay.

those guns werent at risk of getting banned were they

Neither was the Remington 7400. Did Remington conspire to get SA's M1A banned? I'm sure that'll be your next tack.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
it doesnt matter if they werent sold to the public they were still available to sell to civialns through gun dealers who sold it to them

Uh, okay.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#48]
no it wont
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#49]
I really don't know why you're bellyaching, you probably can't afford a Mini 14 anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Listen to him.  He speaks truth.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top