Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 6:55:11 AM EDT
I really like the M1As that they sell, I have found a few a good prices, but the MAGS.... Dear god, I want an American made (to GI spec) mag for these rifles at a decent price.  Springfield was selling 15!!! round mags for $95.00 = NO WAY IN HELL.

Well, I thought, the ban is over, they will be smart and start selling.  I called them up and it turns out that they have always been getting 20s produced (military and LEO) during the ban and YES they are going to sell them to the public...

FOR $50 BUCKS A PIECE

What in the HELL are they thinking??  They are TRYING to screw people on prices.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I called them and they said they dont know for sure what they are going to do its to early
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#2]
relax bubba...that is classic MSRP action....their tools are expensive too...

go to Ammoman.com and get the usgi knockoffs or Fulton Armory and other places like that find used USGI in good condition...

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i have 4 for a rifle i ordered that was never delivered. They are asian contract mags built to USGI spec and have functioned perfectly in freinds guns i used them in. 20-30.00 each.

mike

what ever happened with that??
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I have fond memories of SA.

Back when I had a gun license a good friend of mine wanted a sar 48.  This was before whatever flavor of the month ban was coming.

He paid for it in advance with his credit card.  I was assured that the price was locked in because of this.  

Months passed and he paid interest on this transaction. And SA had his money.  

I called every couple of weeks to check on the order. The assured me it was coming soon and would be the same price as it had been paid for.

When they finally got them in, the price was changed from about 800 bucks to about 1200 bucks and the fact that he had paid for it in advance and that we had been promised repeatedly that the price was locked in didn't matter, if we sill wanted the rifle we could take it or leave it. My friend decieded to take it. But it still didn't come in and later they raised the price two more times.

They have no honor.

I am a "busness man".  I understand business, but I also understand that you can do business with some honor and still be in business.  SA does not understand what honor or keeping their word means.

I will buy my mags elsewhere.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#7]
can they legally raise the price like that
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I would think that magazines that aren't in huge demand (like M-16 mags are) would be pretty expensive.

I was hoping for cheap mags for my Para-Ord Tac-Four. Now I see that Para was selling replacement mag BODIES for $40. I'm sure a whole mag will be $50. Kinda crummy but these just aren't in huge demand.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#9]
That's why you don't buy your mags factory direct.

Large shops will buy in bulk from a distributor who buys in bulk who will get a little better deal. That may or may not be passed on to you.

I bet SA will offer high cap XD mags at their normal $30 price.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sure they can. This is not Communist China.

Of course, if they raise the price too high, they will lose business to competitors. Perhaps a study of economic principles would be in order?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm having trouble keeping track--could someone please post a list of the two or three gun companies we're NOT boycotting?  Thanks.  

Norinco and Polytech........ but the .gov boycotted them for us....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#14]
SA was very good to me on a warranty repair, delivering really quickly.

I would expect to pay more for mags from the manufacturer. Just buy them from the Ammoman like everybody else.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#15]

NIW Center USGI 30s 11.50 Ea Shipped + Used USGI 30s for 8.00 Shipped

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=224769
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Have your cake and eat it too.

NIW USGI MAGS ~$40,35,30 (QUANTICO ARMS)

They have an ad in the EE.

Quantico's Ad In The EE.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course, if they raise the price too high, they will lose business to competitors. Perhaps a study of economic principles would be in order?

Sorry, but this sounds just like Communist China, except if you didn't like dealing with the government you wound up in jail or dead, not just out your money.

"Yes, I will sell you this for $x. Thank you for your money." -Capitalism
"Up yours, I don't care that I've had your money and agreed to sell at that price. I don't care that you've already paid for it and that you have paid interest on it.  Take it or leave it." - Asshat-ism

See the difference?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but this sounds just like Communist China, except if you didn't like dealing with the government you wound up in jail or dead, not just out your money.

"Yes, I will sell you this for $x. Thank you for your money." -Capitalism
"Up yours, I don't care that I've had your money and agreed to sell at that price. I don't care that you've already paid for it and that you have paid interest on it.  Take it or leave it." - Asshat-ism

See the difference?

Huh? "Price Subject to Change." Standard language in nearly every advertised price.

If the seller raises the price, get a refund, and never do business with them again. And through the beauty of the internet, make sure as many people as possible find out about your shabby treatment. In the end, businesses that deliver on their promises and treat customers well will survive and thrive. Those that do not will go the way of Eastern Airlines.

The issue Zen had with SA is NOTHING like what happens in Communist China.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top