Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 4:52:31 AM EDT
Today's WSJ Tuesday 9-14-04.

I paraphrase:

The 10 year political exercise known as the AWB ended yesterday amidst much mugging for the cameras but in law and order terms it was a non event.

The gun ban was a cosmetic exercise in 94 by Clinton to show suburban voters they could defeat the NRA.

Bill Clinton explains in his memoirs that the 94 gun voters were a reason Republicans swept the house.  It's a looser for democrats. Most have dropped the subject and John Kerry has rarely failed to show up in rural districts with gun in hand ala Charlton Heston.

Now it's odd that Kerry has begun to fire away at this issue late in the campaign. He's lit into Bush for lettting the AWB expire. Perhaps he's rallying the liberal base, perhaps he believes this does well in polls.

The WSJ suspects Republicans are now saying.

"Make My Day"  [
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Kerry is simply riding the AWB media wave.  

Within one week - the AWB talk will go away.  Bet me.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:00:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Kerry has no defining issues and is desparately trying to find one.  This is the issue of the day.  Kerry is having such a hard time selling himself because not even Kerry himself knows who he is.

I forget who it was but didnt someone at the RNC say something like "John Kerry had to type his name into Google just to find out who he is and where he stands on the issues?"

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:07:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Within one week - the AWB talk will go away.  Bet me.

As soon as Ivan hits US mainland.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
"Hi, I'm John Kerry and I think.....  " What's the current news again ?" "Thats right assault weapons.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:24:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The Clintonistas that were recently brought on to revitalize Kerry's flagging campaign have suggested that he do this, knowing full well it won't gain him any votes, possibly losing votes for him.  The reason; they secretly wish him to lose so Hitlery can run mostly unopposed for the Democratic nomination in '08 and not have to fend off an incumbent.  Very simple and fits right in with everything else that is going wrong with the Kerry campaign.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't heard a peep about the sunset on the radio yet today.

By this time yesterday I had already e-mailed the radio station and they had changed their 9am newscast.

It's been forgotten already.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Today's WSJ Tuesday 9-14-04.

I paraphrase:

The 10 year political exercise known as the AWB ended yesterday amidst much mugging for the cameras but in law and order terms it was a non event.

The gun ban was a cosmetic exercise in 94 by Clinton to show suburban voters they could defeat the NRA.

Bill Clinton explains in his memoirs that the 94 gun voters were a reason Republicans swept the house.  It's a looser for democrats. Most have dropped the subject and John Kerry has rarely failed to show up in rural districts with gun in hand ala Charlton Heston.

Now it's odd that Kerry has begun to fire away at this issue late in the campaign. He's lit into Bush for lettting the AWB expire. Perhaps he's rallying the liberal base, perhaps he believes this does well in polls.

The WSJ suspects Republicans are now saying.

"Make My Day"  [

Kerry is a moron and his new position as an out of the closet  gun grabber will hurt his chances even more.

BUSH in 04!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top