Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 12:37:03 AM EDT

The tap water here at work isn't all that great.  We're at the end of a long supply line and there isn't a whole lot of activity here.  The water gets stale and icky.  So the company buys bottled water.  

We try to keep 3-4 cases in the fridge and cold.  Only problem is that the sorry pricks on day shift will drink every damn bit of the water and not put any back.  They'll lock the doors with one or two bottles in the fridge.

So night shift comes in and we've got no cold water to drink.

And what makes it even worse is that half the time, the super will leave a note for us to stock the fridge before we leave in the morning.  God forbid the bastards who drink most of the water had to soil themselves with any actual work.  God forbid they had to take five minutes out of their ultra busy schedule and put some fucking water in the fridge.

Damn I hate my co-workers.  Hate hate hate hate hate them.  Nothing but a bunch of lazy sorry bastards.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#1]
superglue all the water bottles into the fridge. that should be funny
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Here we just have drink machines, and people steal food if you leave it sitting around.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here we just have drink machines, and people steal food if you leave it sitting around.

Tell me you don't work in I.T. ?

I have close to 100 buildings, and any of them that have an I.T. dept have this problem more so than any other.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I don't trust the fuckers with my food at all.  I'll sometimes leave a condiment in the fridge.  They'll use every damn bit of it and not replace it.  I forgot and left a bottle of Tabasco in the lounge cabinet one week when I was off.  Came back and it was gone.

I keep all of my food locked in my locker.  At least they have the decency to not drink my Diet Coke in the fridge.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me you don't work in I.T. ?

I have close to 100 buildings, and any of them that have an I.T. dept have this problem more so than any other.

No but I work in a call center, we have an IT dept.

Atleast in the winter I can have cold drinks the car is safe.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:44:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The tap water here at work isn't all that great.  We're at the end of a long supply line and there isn't a whole lot of activity here.  The water gets stale and icky.  So the company buys bottled water.  

We try to keep 3-4 cases in the fridge and cold.  Only problem is that the sorry pricks on day shift will drink every damn bit of the water and not put any back.  They'll lock the doors with one or two bottles in the fridge.

And what makes it even worse is that half the time, the super will leave a note for us to stock the fridge before we leave in the morning.  God forbid the bastards who drink most of the water had to soil themselves with any actual work.  God forbid they had to take five minutes out of their ultra busy schedule and put some fucking water in the fridge.

Damn I hate my co-workers.  Hate hate hate hate hate them.  Nothing but a bunch of lazy sorry bastards.

you are complaining about slightly warm water?
shit, all we get here is bottled water, if i am lucky, the shit is cold... ever drink warm water in a 130 degree F environment?
then try drinking at least two an hour.

quit bitchin bout it and do something about it... is notify the top of whats going on.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:45:09 AM EDT
[#7]
pee in a bottle of gatorade and leave it, wipe your ass with a slice of bread and leave that sandwich
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:46:33 AM EDT
[#8]
What I'm pissed off about is their laziness.  I don't give a damn about the water.  I can just stick it in the freezer and have it cold in 30 minutes or so.

There are other issues as well, but I won't get into that here.  All I'll say is that with the exception of one or two guys, just about everyone that works dayshift is sorry.  Lazy shitheads the whole lot of them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:47:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Visine works wonders in drinks
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#10]
leave it empty one night with a note saying "Stop being fucking lazy and selfish and restock the cooler and the end of your shift"
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
leave it empty one night with a note saying "Stop being fucking lazy and selfish and restock the cooler and the end of your shift"

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Then I'd get bitched at by the super.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:51:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm a manager at a call center.  This is one of the employees biggest complaints that food is not safe in the fridges at work.  Hell I admit it I took someones mountain dew one time
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a manager at a call center.  This is one of the employees biggest complaints that food is not safe in the fridges at work.  Hell I admit it I took someones mountain dew one time

If I take something, I'll either replace it or leave a couple of dollars.  They don't understand that concept.

Same thing goes for the TV here.  Those of us on night shift split the cost.  The fuckers on days pretty much free load.  One guy will leave a few bucks every few months and another kicks in a bit two or three times a year.  I've come very close to locking out the satellite receiver every morning when I leave.

I'm just too nice of a guy I guess.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:57:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Can you ask the super to send a memo that the fridge should be restocked at the end of ALL SHIFTS to the entire department/company?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:41:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

www.snopes.com/toxins/visine.asp
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:43:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I used to get my food and drinks stolen all the time. I started bringing in rotten and stale food as bait. They even ate that, the unruly animals.

Then first shift would get catered gifts from clients, who also brought in stuff for us on 2nd and 3rd, so what did they do? Take that extra stuff meant for us home with them. We got nothing but the sight of empty plates and wrappers, and the smell of food long since gone. What class.

So, one day I came in early while 1st shift was still going, and saw a bunch of sub sandwiches a client had brought in sitting out on a table in a big cooler. I knew by the time 1st clocked out it would all be gone so I went to my rotten condiments stash and got some spoiled, very stinky worchester sauce and opened up all the sandwiches and doused them. Lo and behold, 1st shift took every one meant for us home with them. I hope they all got the shits.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:00:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Its petty shit. Get over it. Its not worth the stress.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:24:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:46:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Threads like this make me glad my office is a vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I have my own refrigerator which stays in my office.  The cleaning crew is not allowed into my office.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:03:52 AM EDT
[#24]
I worked at a Home Depot.
When I first started working there I was able to put my lunch in the fridge and no one would touch it.
After a few months someone started to go through the lunches, mine included, and steal food.

One of the guys used to bring in a full meal and would eat it there in the break room, and he noticed that his lunches were getting a little light.

Me and him went into the break room one time and caught the store assistant manager (a real fat cow cunt with big titties) eating from his meal. She smiled at us and kept eating, oblivious to the fact that it was his food she was eating.
He didn't say a word, and we left.

The next day he brought in some "special" food and left it in the fridge.
He told me he made tuna fish and used dog shit as an ingrediant.
Sure enough it was gone.
He did that on and off for about two weeks, then he left a note in the bag telling what he had been doing.

They (the assistant manager and the HR rep) tried to fire him that afternoon, but when the store manager heard what happened and the next day both the assistant manager and the HR rep were gone.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:09:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then get the super to do it.

Like a lot of supervisors, he's probably a spineless, backstabbing asshole who won't stick his neck out to help someone unless it helps his bottom line. No help there. And the thief's identity might surprise you.

Burley, get food that doesn't have to be refrigerated, or keep it in a bag cooler, and carry it around with you.

When I was a schoolteacher, they used to do the same thing. Self-righteous liberals, stealing each other blind....

A friend of mine who worked at another school had the same problem. The stuff kept getting stolen out of the teachers' room fridges, no matter what. Finally somebody set up a small videocam to record the thief in action. Turned out it was the school principal.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#27]
whenever I had my lunch stolen at work I would make sure they would get some exlax cookies for thier next meal. That usually gets the person that steals food to stop or they expose who they are when they run to the bathroom. Oh and another good thing to put into drinks is Fleet Sodium Phosphosoda. That will loosen thier bowels! Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

A little Ex-lax (okay, alot) in a sandwich solves THAT problem!  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Messing with other peoples food sucks, But possibly Hurting someone for messing with your food sucks worse!...
When I was in Highschool I worked at a local Stop and Rob station, One of our shift change duties was to make sure the 3 coffee pots were full, Id wait till around 10:30 pm and make 3 new pots, Well every freaking night at 10:45 one of the third shift guys would come in and drink 2 pots by himself and Id have to make more,
One night I chopped up 6 boxs of Elax and put it in the Brewthru filter right before he came in, The guy didnt come to work for like 4 days and I felt really bad about it..... In the end it wasnt worth it for 2 pots of coffee....uDOG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

take a digital camara with a time / date stamp and collect a few shots of how the 'fridge is stocked at the begining of your shift. Then go to your boss and explain the situation, show him the pics and ask why your shift is held to a different standard than the others.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Messing with other peoples food sucks, But possibly Hurting someone for messing with your food sucks worse!...
When I was in Highschool I worked at a local Stop and Rob station, One of our shift change duties was to make sure the 3 coffee pots were full, Id wait till around 10:30 pm and make 3 new pots, Well every freaking night at 10:45 one of the third shift guys would come in and drink 2 pots by himself and Id have to make more,
One night I chopped up 6 boxs of Elax and put it in the Brewthru filter right before he came in, The guy didnt come to work for like 4 days and I felt really bad about it..... In the end it wasnt worth it for 2 pots of coffee....uDOG

Ohhh, yes it was... Some people have to learn the hard way, I guess.

I'll bet he never did THAT again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little Ex-lax (okay, alot) in a sandwich solves THAT problem!  

Syrup of Ipacac, projectile vomiting inside of 30 minutes.

Works great on asshats who like to raid candybars and other munchies from your desk.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#33]
People stealing your food?

store.yahoo.com/hotsaucecatalog/hs1154.html

Pure CAP.  Doesn't alter food taste, 100 times hotter than a jalapeno.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
What I'm pissed off about is their laziness.  I don't give a damn about the water.  I can just stick it in the freezer and have it cold in 30 minutes or so.

There are other issues as well, but I won't get into that here.  All I'll say is that with the exception of one or two guys, just about everyone that works dayshift is sorry.  Lazy shitheads the whole lot of them.

I work in a factory on second shift. All I can tell you is that 1st shifters are nothing more than Sacred cows They are the laziest bastards I know. They do about 40% of the production of second shift, and 100% of the complaing.  Your first shift group just thinks that second shift is there to fill the fridge, so they have cold drinks to sit and read the newspaper and bullshit about what they are going to do after work that day.  As soon as you realize this you will be better off you will be at work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Had a problem with some asshole stealing food, so I made a 'special' sandwich with real dogshit as the main ingredient. Voila!!! No more problems!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I lived in the barracks at Ft. BraggI had the nicest TV and stereo on the floor I lived on, there were always people coming oover to watch movies and stuff, often bringing food and drinks with them, they had a tendency to go into our refrdgerator and grab shit as well. I didn't mind this so much but one of my roomates hated it. This one female who had her own room to herself was always comming over and leaving trash, so my roomate watched her closely and figured out that her favorite food was Ore Ida frozen twice baked potatoes. Well one day she came over and ate one of her beloved spuds and left the empty box on my roomates bed, so he takes the box and puts it in his locker, the next day after we got off, he grabbed her favorite video tape and put it on, took the tater box out of his locker and carried into the john and took a huge dump into it. He then closed the box up so that it looked unopened and left it on top of the fridge, the dingbat female heard her favorite movie and came over right on cue, and within three minutes had helped herself to a coke and found the twice baked turd. Without saying a word she ran into the bathroom got sick and spent at least half an hour washing her hands, she never bothered our food again, and never ever left garbage laying baout either.

That's fuckin PRICELESS !!!  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I have my own refrigerator which stays in my office.  The cleaning crew is not allowed into my office.

GunLvr

+1

Small frige is cheap and very worth it
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I worked at a Home Depot.
When I first started working there I was able to put my lunch in the fridge and no one would touch it.
After a few months someone started to go through the lunches, mine included, and steal food.

One of the guys used to bring in a full meal and would eat it there in the break room, and he noticed that his lunches were getting a little light.

Me and him went into the break room one time and caught the store assistant manager (a real fat cow cunt with big titties) eating from his meal. She smiled at us and kept eating, oblivious to the fact that it was his food she was eating.
He didn't say a word, and we left.

The next day he brought in some "special" food and left it in the fridge.
He told me he made tuna fish and used dog shit as an ingrediant.
Sure enough it was gone.
He did that on and off for about two weeks, then he left a note in the bag telling what he had been doing.

They (the assistant manager and the HR rep) tried to fire him that afternoon, but when the store manager heard what happened and the next day both the assistant manager and the HR rep were gone.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top