Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 11:54:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
We have that big roll that you have to tear on the serrated edge of the dispenser.  It doesnt tear.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The toilet paper dispenser here at work is driving me insane!  It lets you pull 2-3 squares of TP before it tears off!  You have to pull like 3-4 times before you can even think about taking a swipe!  Its bad enough that it feels like 100 grit sandpaper!  Are these things made to do this?  Is this their idea of cutting down on expenses?

I'm thinking about picking up one of those free standing TP dispensers and leaving it in my cube.  Then I'll just set that up in the bathroom when I need to go.  I may even pick up a magazine rack.

Thats the design, they don't do it as bad if you load the paper over the top.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Uni has a rotating thingy which has 4 rolls.

The rolls ALWAYS jam and you end up breaking off at most 3 squares.

The TP is always 1 ply stuff which rips your arse up and is PAIN.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember visiting the Soviet Union back in the mid-80's.  There was one public restroom (in an airport I think) that had a stack of paper sheets in the stall.

Not toliet paper, just PAPER.  It reminded me of the wood pulp-like stuff they use in Kindergarden and the early grades... the stuff that has wood chips and splinters in it.

That was one of those "take to your grave" memories for this "Decadent American".
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I remember visiting the Soviet Union back in the mid-80's.  There was one public restroom (in an airport I think) that had a stack of paper sheets in the stall.

Not toliet paper, just PAPER.  It reminded me of the wood pulp-like stuff they use in Kindergarden and the early grades... the stuff that has wood chips and splinters in it.

That was one of those "take to your grave" memories for this "Decadent American".

I remember that stuff from school, I used to have to use it when my nose bled, it nearly made it worse..

Protest the low quality, use paper towels and clog the toilet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember that stuff from school, I used to have to use it when my nose bled, it nearly made it worse..

Protest the low quality, use paper towels and clog the toilet.

So your the asshat that does that
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:43:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:08:16 AM EDT
[#10]
My elementary school had those things that are too big for the roll, so they shape the cardboard so you can't turn it at all.

Now my HS has those things that have two huge rolls of TP, that let you tear about a foot off, and are supposed to tear against a serrated edge but never do.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:46:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My sister went to Romania when she was a teenager, they just had a hole in a cement floor and a flat wad of TP that was basically burlap. She brought some back to show us, pretty hardcore stuff...you could use it for kindling to start a fire..
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:52:07 AM EDT
[#12]
In alot of asia, there is no TP.  Theres just a tap with a hose....

How do they dry their arses?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top