Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 12:37:03 PM EDT
This motherfucking asshole gun grabber is insinuating these are M-16's and machine guns that are now available because of the sunset.

Why won't anyone in the media make it clear the AWB had NOTHING to do with the kind of gun you could or couldn't buy but it affected some inconsequential features that didn't effect the performance of the weapon anyway? WTF???????????  This is really starting to piss me off.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent this letter off to Cavuto:

Dear Mr. Cavuto,

I am glad the AWB has sunsetted not because it really provides me any more freedom one way or the other but because the law was a joke in the first place. Everyone in the media including FOX news (my go to news service) has been acting like citizens will be able to run out and buy fully automatic weapons. The ban had nothing to do with automatic weapons that the military uses, there is no military that uses the semi-automatic weapons in question here. So using the term "military style weapons" is false and misleading to most Americans that aren't in the know about guns. This term taken from Fox news website, "Military-style rifles may be legally sold once again". Again, misleading, the only thing the AWB did was ban certain insignificant features like a collapsible stock, flash hider, and bayonet lug.Those features don't help or hinder the use of one of these weapons anyway and that is what the ban was all about, not the actually rifle itself. The regular capacity magazines that were banned didn't hurt us anyway because there are millions of magazines manufactured before the 1994 AWB and they were grandfathered in, as a result they are readily available.

I legally bought 2 ar-15's during the so called ban. How in the world could I do that you say?? Well, because they didn't have a few worthless features on them, but the guns function just the same. Why doesn't anyone in the media point out that the guns have been for sale for the last 10 years, just a few features have not been legal. That would shut up the idiots like the anti-NRA guy you had on your show today because crime isn't down because of the AWB, it is because of heftier penalties on gun crime and more police officers on the street. The fact is, 99% of the gun grabbers couldn't tell the difference between a gun that was legal to buy last week and one legal to buy now that the ban has sunsetted.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW, they did mention earlier on Fox that, despite what some antis were saying, AKs and UZIs are still subject to the importation ban
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The president of Armalite didnt help our cause either.  Neil gave him time to speak, not as much as the other pecker-head, but the guy on our side was not prepared and was not articulate at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top