[#2]

Quoted:
No that's just silly.

+1
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#4]
If that were true, it wouldn't matter what crime you had committed, as long as you ran from the cops and made it back to your house before they could arrest you.  The way the question is worded, you could walk into your office, kill everyone, and it would be perfectly legal since it happened on private property.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If that were true, it wouldn't matter what crime you had committed, as long as you ran from the cops and made it back to your house before they could arrest you.  The way the question is worded, you could walk into your office, kill everyone, and it would be perfectly legal since it happened on private property.

But then it would be legal for justice for the crook. Either way if some one wants to kill some one they will.

But this way the family can show justice to the fucker.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its a poll

And a fucking STUPID one, at that.

No. (and I'm not even a fan of the police)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its a poll

And a fucking STUPID one, at that.

No. (and I'm not even a fan of the police)

That's a little harsh. Or should I say THAT'S FUCKING HARSH
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Of course not, we would be over run by dogs .
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Of course not, we would be over run by dogs .

True True, what was I thinking. Those fucking dogs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But then it would be legal for justice for the crook. Either way if some one wants to kill some one they will.

Oh boy... Mob rule....

Welcome to Somolia, hope you've got alot of camels...

That is by far the STUPIDEST IDEA I've ever seen on this site...

(Well, besides using nuclear weapons to fight terrorists amongst a civillian population)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy... Mob rule....

(Well, besides using nuclear weapons to fight terrorists amongst a civillian population)[/quote]

You prolly just openned a can of worms with that one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh boy... Mob rule....

(Well, besides using nuclear weapons to fight terrorists amongst a civillian population)

Well police do not seem to be a fear of criminals. After all people seem to be killed quite often. And crime is always going up
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
WHOAAA there bud.  Did you miss the report that said the crime rate was steady?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh boy... Mob rule....

Well police do not seem to be a fear of criminals. After all people seem to be killed quite often. And crime is always going up

Well I have noticed our jails being crowded and more being built
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a lot of the arab countries.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WHOAAA there bud.  Did you miss the report that said the crime rate was steady?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh boy... Mob rule....

Well I have noticed our jails being crowded and more being built

Which jails are these?

www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/jails.htm
And murders etc have gone down since 1993 but are slowly coming back up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Police already have limited jurisdiction on private party.

For one, normal traffic laws don't apply.  You can be DUI and drive all over your ranch in a Jeep and they can't do anything about it.

Of course, they should maintain their legitimate authority re: Felony crimes and othe truly serious offenses.

This sounds more like a question of individual property rights, even though your are trying to elicity JBT bashing.

Shame on you!!!

ETA: Posters should remember that any property that is not private is Gov't owned.  Also, this could lead to questions of Immenent Domain laws...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought you guys banned him....

Quoted:
Milsurp?  

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#21]
You did not have an option for "This is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard."
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Milsurp?  

Between this and the "Dog" thread,  makes you wonder doesn't it?

Personally,  I'd love it. 10 hours a day not doing anything but watching videos and then shooting people that piss me off in traffic on the way home.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Milsurp?  

Back under another name?

We seem to be having a troll invasion lately...

Fortunately, their accounts usually die spectacular and speedy deaths....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Who would keep the dog population in check?

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy... Mob rule....

(Well, besides using nuclear weapons to fight terrorists amongst a civillian population)[/quote]

You prolly just openned a can of worms with that one.

I opened THAT can of worms a few weeks ago when I took up the rational, intelectual counterpoint to the rabid post-Russian-School 'kill-all-the-Muslims' ranting....

And I intend to keep it open, thank you...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Who would keep the dog population in check?

I will,  I was shooting dogs long before I became a police officer.   Just think of them as slower, domesticated coyotes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Did you wear hockey equipment to school?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Milsurp?  

Back under another name?

We seem to be having a troll invasion lately...

Fortunately, their accounts usually die spectacular and speedy deaths....

Didn't reply to the first post of this. Simply didn't know what the hell a Milsurp was. But I see it was another user. No sorry not me.
Names Mike.

I am not for the wild west, and no law. I am for privacy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not the families place to exact justice; thats societies job, through the people it employs for that purpose. Otherwise its pure vigilateism and might making right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top