Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 8:04:43 AM EDT
A nice little graphic explaining (briefly) what was and what was not included in the 1994 Clinton Ban.

By the way, all you sons a bitches in FREE states...I'm jealous.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:06:42 AM EDT
[#1]
How the FUCK do you launch a grenade from a sling mount?

Wait my bad, they are pointing at the sling mount for a BAYO LUG.

Dumasses.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Nice grenade launching system.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#3]
AWESOME!!!

I didn't realize that my post-ban Bushy carbine had a grenade launcher attached this whole time!!! h.gif
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice outline of the bayonet lug.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Automatic is NOT illegal!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#6]
That is a pretty good graphic - not like the Knight-Ridder graphic suggesting that anyone can buy grenade launchers now that the ban has expired (shows an M203 attached). I also like the explanations on there... probably the least biased coverage of the ban I've seen yet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#7]
NOT ONCE have i seen the media/article, or a police chief get this right.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You expect the media to have a comprehensive understanding of anything?  You silly man!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#9]
well atleast they make the point that one model is not more"powerfull" than the other, and they also point out that they are as powerfull as some hunting rifles.

The media loves to try and state how these weapons are more powerfull toady because the weapons ban died.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Bayo lug for attaching...."a LARGE knife"....ooooh, sounds really scary!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#11]
You forgot the most important thing about the AWB sunset.........it's now legal for criminals and terrorists to buy them!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Funny how the ATF says MGs are illegal.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You forgot the most important thing about the AWB sunset.........it's now legal for criminals and terrorists to buy them!!!

Yeah, but we are talking bayonet lugs, not box cutter lugs...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Haha, I didn't even look at the picture that closely.  But the explanation/details are fairly decent.  Machine guns are only legal for corporations, right?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#15]
#4  Flash suppressor- limit the flash to conceal the shooter

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#16]
There is so much wrong and so little right with that picture.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
NOT ONCE have i seen the media/article, or a police chief get this right.

Isn't that the truth...After 10 years it's still a miracle that we all cheer about when someone gets it right.  WTF is so hard for people to understand?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Although you, me, and most everyone else here knows this is true, wouldn't you rather have the general public assume that FA guns are illegal than have them assume that the ban expiring means everyone can buy them?  Although yes, I'd prefer to have Joe Public know how things actually work as far as Class 3 weapons, I'll take him assuming they are illegal to thinking they are being sold on every street corner now that the ban is gone.  Pick your battles dude.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#19]

"All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying. These people know only too well how to use falsehood for the basest purposes.

Adolf Hitler - Mein Kampf (James Murphy translation)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes but it is the closest to an accurate article I have seen all day.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top