Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 8:19:36 PM EDT
I know, but the BUIS didn't show up yet.  One of my RRA lowers with Oly SUM barrel...

And one from the Extra Dark Side...

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I like!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are truly evil.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
No bayonette lugs?

No flash supressor on your AK?

HA!

I am only mildly frightened by your vision of evil!

Just kidding, nice guns!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No bayonette lugs?

No flash supressor on your AK?

HA!

I am only mildly frightened by your vision of evil!

Just kidding, nice guns!

Where the hell would I put a bayonet lug on that gun?  

And 7.62 AK's never came with flash supressors. I've got a slant break I'll be putting on that gun for an extra touch of authenticity.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]
That is the Ak stock I am looking for where did you pick it up????
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#6]
SWEET!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1 !!!

Woody
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#8]
That is the first AK with plastic furniture I have ever seen that I liked.
On the FS issue? I want a Vortex on my AK because it aint about looks, its about functionality.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#9]
No bayo lug or flash hider... I kinda like the upper the way it is... but I did have to go SOME evil on it... and the badass tactical sling adds plenty evilness... heheheh

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It's from ACE www.riflestocks.com

The setup is their receiver block (in this case for the milled slant cut receiver), folding mechanism, and since I'm very tall, their long AK skeleton stock.

Quoted:
That is the first AK with plastic furniture I have ever seen that I liked.

The only plastic in this gun is the lower hanguard and pistol grip. I guess that qualifies as plastic furniture.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#11]

I've been gathering parts over the last 4 months, I have the front iron sight and the Surefire M952 on the way to make it complete.  EVERYTHING except the lower receiver was purchased off the AR15.com Equipment Exchange.  The USP Tac was acquired this past week.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#12]
A thousand blessings upon you and your home   I will have to put one on the plastic in a few hours  what part of PA are you throwing lead in???
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Question:  With the stock on your AK folded, what is the rifle's length?  In MI, it is required to be registered as a pistol if the OAL is less than 30" when the rifle is in its smallest configuration, and I'd like to buy something similar to your folder.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Can you pull the trigger with the stock folded on the AK?

JErad

Edited to ask: Will the gun even fire with the stock folded behind the charging handle?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

JErad

Edited to ask: Will the gun even fire with the stock folded behind the charging handle?

OUCH! Hope hes a lefty.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

www.supercharger.net/private/norinco-f2.jpg

That is, hands down, the NICEST AK I have ever seen. I am no AK expert but I like that one ALOT! Nice Job!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Question:  With the stock on your AK folded, what is the rifle's length?  In MI, it is required to be registered as a pistol if the OAL is less than 30" when the rifle is in its smallest configuration, and I'd like to buy something similar to your folder.

Just over 27" folded.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

JErad

Yes, there's plenty of clearance to pull the trigger. As far as the charging handle hitting it; if it's completely folded it makes contact. If I decide I don't like worrying about it, the folding mechanism is reversable; I'll have it fold to the other side.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I have to ask: What did you use to finish that AK in that camo pattern? It really is nicely done. Did you do it yourself or send it out?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Ditto.

The camo job is fucking sweet.
I don't know if it would do you any good trying to hide in the woods, but it sure looks cool.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have to ask: What did you use to finish that AK in that camo pattern? It really is nicely done. Did you do it yourself or send it out?

It was done by a local gunsmith. The finish is DuraCoat in the Vietnam Tigerstripe pattern.

As far as hiding in the woods with it, check out this thread...

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=62927  

The gun stands out more clearly in the pictures than it did to the naked eye, especially the picture against the tree; from 25 feet away the gun was almost invisible.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet, thanx for the link to the other pics. I suspected it was Duracoat. Now Im gonna have to get an AK.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I got so many messages about the folder interfering with the function of the rifle I decided it would be easier to just reinstall it on the left...

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I really like that camo job David! Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:30:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Where did you get the folding stock?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top