Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 3:08:16 PM EDT
I certain hope we dont think we have beaten this thing.  Today I was reflecting on the time before the AWB, mainly the begining of the Klinton regime.  I ran across a book in my library that was written in that period.  A pro-gun, pro-God given right publication entitled:  "Everything you wanted to know (and preachers were afraid to tell you) about gun control."  My favorite quote from that book is a cliping from a news paper article.  Its reads as follows:

"Bounty on weapons backfire on pastor"

Two days ago, the Rev.Marshall Gourly made a fervent plea from the pulpit, offering a $100 bounty to anyone willing to surender a firearm.
 But the Catholic priest"s personal plan for gun control took a bizarre twist yesterday, when it exploded like a rusty Saturday Night Special.
 Takeing full advantage of the offer, self professed political gadfly, Robin Heid exchanged a cheap, 5 year old handgun for the $100 check- then announced to a television crew that he "planed to use the money as a downpayment on an assault rifle."

During the past ten years, everytime Ive read that Ive always gotton a chuckle.  I called the author and inquired about buying a huge lot of these books and he sent me a boat-load for free. Ive passed them out to gun shops all over the country

Any reflections on the subject?  The fight before the ban?  I just hope people dont get lazy and let "them" have another victory.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
.  Just a test  I thought It didnt post.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
At the time Bill and Hill had pretty much tied the country up and were busy raping us.  Few had any idea of the GOP tidal wave that would happen in November 1994.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#3]
"Rape" is a very appropriate word to use in the context given.

Wake up sheep!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I see Shepard Smith on FOX finaly got it right on when the AWB expired.  He then said" the expiration will alow uzis and ak47s to be sold leagaly in the US. "  He then went to Moly Henenburg and she set it straight saying uzis and AKs(machine guns would still be baned under the NFA.  

First time today they havent misrepoted the facts.  But they still ran those images for people to absorb in their weak little minds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top