Page / 3
Posted: 9/12/2004 9:06:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I say your dreaming.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't be cruel. I'm in of course but let's not get cocky yet. Let the "blood in the streets" crowd die down some first.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep.  Its very vulnerable.  There is no factual data to support it, and the Internet loves factual data.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What say you?

Might as well. Most people think machine guns are going to be sold from ice cream trucks monday morning.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#5]
No way, we are going to be to busy keeping the AWB dead for a few years.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's see how the election goes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I say we go after it, but only after we un-do the anti-import shit on the Norinco AK's and Norinco ammo, as well as the shit from 1989. Then, we can go after 1986 and eventually, 1968 as well. One step at a time and in reverse order of when these bills were signed into law.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

NOPE, it is dead and gone, we will never see it again, certainly as long as the GOP is in control of the House of Representatives.  Why some of you people enjoy flaggelating yourselves with this chicken little crap I don't understand.  There is no support for it even in the Democratic Party.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I say we go after it, but only after we un-do the anti-import shit on the Norinco AK's and Norinco ammo, as well as the shit from 1989. Then, we can go after 1986 and eventually, 1968 as well. One step at a time and in reverse order of when these bills were signed into law.

Nope, Norinco will remained banned,  that is a issue about Chinas use of slave labor, and about protection for the US firearms industry.  It will not go anywhere and it would be very damaging to try.  

Dont let your fanaticism for the AK get in the way of showing some responsibility.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I say firearm suppressors next.

Regulate it like a gun with a yellow form and an instant background check.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I think that would be a good next step. The '86 ban basically took the '34 tax and turned it into a ban on FA's.  Since no new FA's can be produced it'll just be  a matter of time before there are no FA's to be had and that, in effect, bans them from sale to the citizens of our country.  I won't be happy until all firearms laws back to and including the NFA of '34 are repealed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOPE, it is dead and gone, we will never see it again, certainly as long as the GOP is in control of the House of Representatives.  Why some of you people enjoy flaggelating yourselves with this chicken little crap I don't understand.  There is no support for it even in the Democratic Party.

those are some famous last words.  Never assume just cause somethings dead it isn't coming back.  I have a feeling it might come back if Kerry get elected or if Bush gets elected it will be an issue in 2008
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#14]
It makes perfect sense to go after this ban now. Now that the sheeple are so thoroughly confused by the liberal media's take on what an assault weapon is.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I say your dreaming.

SGatr15

Regrettably, I must agree.

It would be better to go after the import ban. That's a simple EO and can be overturned in 5 minutes by W.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I say firearm suppressors next.

Regulate it like a gun with a yellow form and an instant background check.

How about regulate it like toilet paper.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

those are some famous last words.  Never assume just cause somethings dead it isn't coming back.  I have a feeling it might come back if Kerry get elected or if Bush gets elected it will be an issue in 2008

Famous last words? Excuse me but WHEN has something like this EVER come back?

Or are you still expecting Alcohol Prohibition to come back too?
Or perhaps the Alien and Sedition Acts?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The way to stop your scenario from playing out is to go on offense.
If we are fighting for full auto rights; bayonet lugs will be soon forgotten.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#19]
This is another thing that this Bush Memo fraud should be teaching you...

That the original AWB passage-by all of ONE vote-  would not have happened at ALL if the Internet had existed to expose the media lies.  

They will never be able to bully congressmen again with what must now be considered FAKE polling information that the public EVER supported the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I say your dreaming.

SGatr15

It would be better to go after the import ban. That's a simple EO and can be overturned in 5 minutes by W.

agreed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having personally known some of these Congress people, including Feinstein, the AWB may be gone, but something is coming that is WAY worse. If Kerry gets in, it will pass and eliminate everything that resembles a firearm. If Bush gets in, it will depend on how much pressure he gets to sign it.
I am a realist, not a dreamer. The fight is not over.....not by a longshot.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I say your dreaming.

SGatr15

agreed.

He wont do it to avoid disrespecting his father.

But if CONGRESS would send him a bill doing the same thing he WOULD sign it.

That would also be very easy to do.  As long as it does NOT include the Chinese,  that would leave the proponents vulnerable to alligations of supporting Chinese forced labor camps (not to mention funding Chinese military improvements)
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having personally known some of these Congress people, including Feinstein, the AWB may be gone, but something is coming that is WAY worse. If Kerry gets in, it will pass and eliminate everything that resembles a firearm. If Bush gets in, it will depend on how much pressure he gets to sign it.

No you are not a realist, your parinoid.  NO one is left to come get you.  The advocates of gun control were exactly like the Wizard of Oz and now the Internet has stripped their cloak away.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I say your dreaming.

SGatr15

agreed.

That would also be very easy to do.  As long as it does NOT include the Chinese,  that would leave the proponents vulnerable to alligations of supporting Chinese forced labor camps (not to mention funding Chinese military improvements)

agreed again. we should not be sending funds directly to the PLA via chi-com guns.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Care to elaborate?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I say your dreaming.

SGatr15

agreed.

agreed again. we should not be sending funds directly to the PLA via chi-com guns.

At first, I was thinking that I'd love another Polytech. But seeing as Arsenal is making them right here in the good 'ol USA, I'll conceed your point!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If Bush wins, he can no longer be pressured. What are they going to do, defeat him in the next election?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The way to stop your scenario from playing out is to go on offense.
If we are fighting for full auto rights; bayonet lugs will be soon forgotten.

Thats actually a pretty good way of thinking, didn't look at it like that before.

ArmdLbrl, I'm just saying its not wise to think somethings gone forever the moment it goes away.  Sure, you may call it being paranoid, I prefer to call it a heightenend sense of awareness
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Two observations...

First and foremost, by going after the 1986 MG Ban we put them on the defensive, they have to devote thier resources toward stopping our legislation as oppossed to spending it to sponsor thier own.

The best way to ensure no future AWB is to keep applying pressure in the form of pro-gun bills, the AWB is dead and gone and it will be very difficult or them to attach a rider authorizing a new AWB, before they just had to attach a reauthorization.

Secondmost,

They've already spent  good money "educating" the public that machineguns are going to be legal with the setting of the AWB. If we go after the 86 ban hard we will back them into the corner because theyve already used thier best rhetoric.  

Did I mention that all of the major gun control organizations have spent goodly portions of thier budgets on this and failed, this isn't 1994 the donations just aren't coming in to the Gun control movement like they used to.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I say your dreaming.

SGatr15

another miracle:

+1
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#31]
i just thought of something funny.  we should just concede the point that 'assault weapons' are rapid firing killing machines aka you can shoot just as fast with one as with a machine gun. then after a few months of no killing sprees after the sunset we can say, "assault weapons are already legal, and they fire just as fast as MG's! might as well make MGs legal too!"
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Not to mention, one must now consider that the original ban only passed because Congressment were pressured with data showing overwhelming public support for this measure.  

However with what has happened with Dan Rather and CBS we must now consider the possibilty that there never WAS a large amount of public support.  That the news media FAKED it all to support the Clinton Agenda.

Congressmen voted FOR the AWB after going to the MEDIA to see if the claimes by the anti gunners that the public wanted these guns gone were true.  They beleved that the media was neutral and was correctly showing public opinion.  

The first rude awakening was the slaughter of the 1994 Congressional Elections.

That should of been the clue to US as well that the anti-gun lobby did NOT actually posses the numbers and support that they claimed!

With the advent of the Internet this kind of fraud cannot happen.  And as long as the Internet remains free and decentralized it will not happen again.

Therefore we should DEMAND all illogical gun laws be removed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#35]
I like the idea of the 86 MG ban going aways, however  I think persuing the 89 import ban VIA CONGRESS and 922 (sporting purposes) is the best, most logical step to take.

ETA: We can;'t stop donating ot pro 2nd causes either, the fight has just begun! We need to keep the anti's on the defensive.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Two observations...

First and foremost, by going after the 1986 MG Ban we put them on the defensive, they have to devote thier resources toward stopping our legislation as oppossed to spending it to sponsor thier own.

The best way to ensure no future AWB is to keep applying pressure in the form of pro-gun bills, the AWB is dead and gone and it will be very difficult or them to attach a rider authorizing a new AWB, before they just had to attach a reauthorization.

Secondmost,

They've already spent  good money "educating" the public that machineguns are going to be legal with the setting of the AWB. If we go after the 86 ban hard we will back them into the corner because theyve already used thier best rhetoric.  

Did I mention that all of the major gun control organizations have spent goodly portions of thier budgets on this and failed, this isn't 1994 the donations just aren't coming in to the Gun control movement like they used to.

There's a certain logic to your idea, you know.....

At the very least, putting THEM on the defensive for once would be worth it!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#37]
We can do it if we really want to. It takes time, money and organization. If we get behind the NRA, GOA and other orgs then we have a chance. Anything is possible with enough political pressure on Politicans. Congress understand one thing and thats MONEY.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Time to put the liars and cheaters on the defensive. '86 is the next best target. If/when it looks like it won't happen, force THEM to compromise by offering up national CCW.

Time to go on offense, boys.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Time to put the liars and cheaters on the defensive. '86 is the next best target. If/when it looks like it won't happen, force THEM to compromise by offering up national CCW.

The import ban can always go as a rider on the MG ban repeal.

Or TWO bills, one repealing the import ban and one repealing the MG ban can be introduced and the opposition forced to COMPROMISE, as we were ten years ago for what they perceve to be the lesser of two evils..
... and then next year we come back with the other, like they did.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Yep, the best defense is a good offense.  It's a worthwhile goal to devote our attention to.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or TWO bills, one repealing the import ban and one repealing the MG ban can be introduced and the opposition forced to COMPROMISE, as we were ten years ago for what they perceve to be the lesser of two evils..

Nice!!!!  

Do you understand what you are asking for?????
There will be tanks for sale at every used car lot, in every city.
buildings will crumble under the immense firepower that the average idiot citizen will posess.

Just so you know what it will be like next time in the media....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#44]
The media has worked hard to make American think the sunset of the AWB is about MG's.

SO HECK YEAH - half of AMerica thinks they already will be flooding the streets.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#45]
too many RINOs in the senate
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I think we should go after suppressors, SBRs, and AOWs first.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice!!!!  

Do you understand what you are asking for?????
There will be tanks for sale at every used car lot, in every city.
buildings will crumble under the immense firepower that the average idiot citizen will posess.

Just so you know what it will be like next time in the media....

Your argument is contingent on their BEING a "media" as we have known it, and this Bush Memo business suggests strongly that there will not be.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I think we should go after suppressors, SBRs, and AOWs first.

If you cant get them that is your STATES problem.  They ARE legal under federal law, just subject to tax.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What say you?

I say it doesn't have a sunset, we didn't defeat the AW Ban (the anti gunners just couldn't shove a renewal past Craig, Delay and Frist) and the ONLY way it will be removed is by executive order and your PRO GUN hero of a President won't do it.

If GW Bush overturns the 86 MG Ban or even his dads 89 Import Ban I will be FIRST IN LINE to say I was wrong.

Get cracking.

You get cracking.  People with attitudes like yours are the only real obstical.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top