Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 7:41:59 AM EDT
By HAMZA HENDAWI, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Militants pounded central Baghdad on Sunday with one of their most intense mortar barrages ever, targeting the Green Zone and destroying a U.S. vehicle along a major street. At least 25 people were killed and more than 100 were wounded — some of them when a U.S. helicopter fired at crowds around the burning vehicle.

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20040912/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like we finally got smart and started shooting the people who came out to cheer against us. I'm amazed it has took this long to figure out that those who cheer when you are attacked are your enemies. In a guerilla war where the enemy dresses like and mingles among the general population, getting a large group out in the open like this who are SCREAMING their identity is the perfect opportunity to cap a bunch of them.

Like I said, why we haven't done this sooner I'll never know. Think of the target rich environment in Fallujah after those contractors were killed. Every single one of those people engaged in cheering their deaths and hanging their bodies on that bridge were the enemy and should have been targeted.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It looks like we finally got smart and started shooting the people who came out to cheer against us. -CH

<---the biggest grin available.

YES SIR!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It looks like we finally got smart and started shooting the people who came out to cheer against us. I'm amazed it has took this long to figure out that those who cheer when you are attacked are your enemies. In a guerilla war where the enemy dresses like and mingles among the general population, getting a large group out in the open like this who are SCREAMING their identity is the perfect opportunity to cap a bunch of them.

Like I said, why we haven't done this sooner I'll never know. Think of the target rich environment in Fallujah after those contractors were killed. Every single one of those people engaged in cheering their deaths and hanging their bodies on that bridge were the enemy and should have been targeted.
couldnt agree more!!!1 big ass bomb would take care of that shouting in the streets! I'll always remember the first reports on t.v on 911 where they showed the bastards shouting hooray at what had been done here.1 big fucking nuke is what they need!!H
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, no kidding. Seeing that crap on 9/11 of those people gathered in the streets cheering the murder of thousands of our civilians made me wish we had some B-52's airborne loaded with cruise missiles armed with submunition payloads to fire at those asshats. After one of those saturated the street corner where they were gathered, you could bet your ass anyone lucky enough to still be able to walk would move his ass off the street before he too was turned into ground beef like his buddies.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I just got sick to my stomach you guys.  My hubby is over there and ....well I don't think I need to explain, but topics like this make me cringe.  Maybe I just shouldn't read them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ok, I just got sick to my stomach you guys.  My hubby is over there and ....well I don't think I need to explain, but topics like this make me crinch.  Maybe I just shouldn't read them.

They make all of us cringe Prayers are with you and your husband, always. And, thank you, both.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#7]
ms. International,

As far as I could tell from the news reports, there were no Americans killed in this attack. It sounded like all the fatalities were Iraqis.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all your kindness. I didn't think I would have to go through that crap again.  He has 2 combat tours and now since he recently retired decided to go as a civilian.  No jobs here, Wal-Mart didn't even give him the time of day.  They are more interested to hire criminals as they are on a program to give convicts another chance.  

This is bogus, a Marine with 23 years of honorable service to his country can't get a minimum wage job, cause he didn't do anything wrong.  What a concept.

Quoted:
ms. International,

As far as I could tell from the news reports, there were no Americans killed in this attack. It sounded like all the fatalities were Iraqis.

-CH

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top