Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 3:17:54 PM EDT
I think it's the Clintons...it seems pretty obvious to me...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
(J/K)
Dan Rather, it seemed like he was almost crying trying to defend them the other night.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
That piece on CBS's 60 Minutes seemed more like a campaign ad than a legitimate news story. It wouldn't surprise me if that bastard Dan Rather created them himself since he can't find anything real to pin against Bush, who happens to be kicking his boy Kerry's ass at the moment.

Otherwise it could be from the Clinton camp or the Kerry campaign themselves. MoveOn.org would have to be highly suspect as well. You can bet it was from some of those sleezy leftist thugs.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe it was a DNC operative who leaked the docs to CBS in the first place.

This is why I think Rather melted down last night instead of rationally saying that CBS would re-examine the documents, their content, and their sources.  Because when these documents are certified as fraudulent by all but the Kool-Aid drinkers, CBS will be compelled to reveal their sources.  I think Rather realizes that if he's forced to reveal the source of the documents he and CBS News will be exposed as acting on the behalf of DNC provided "opposition research."

I just hope he doesn't go Bud Dwyer on us when the end inevitably comes in the next days and weeks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just hope he doesn't go Bud Dwyer on us when the end inevitably comes in the next days and weeks.

Maybe he will...I'll set my DVR...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

He doesn't believe in guns, what's he gonna do, cut his own throat on air?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Would be nice if we could find the original source .doc file. It might have the creator's name embedded in it somewhere. Maybe John Ashcroft will order Ben Barnes' and Dan Rather's computers siezed so we can find out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Dan Rather has given hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Democrats,and asearly as las tmonth held a big John Kerry fund raiser.

His ethics are not called into question, everyone knows exactly where his loyalties lie.  Anyone who is suprised by his 'reporting' is an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone in the DNC in his 20's, early 30's.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Imbroglio did it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

This is staring to look like the culprit, a lefty former USMC colonel

www.redstate.org/story/2004/9/10/135321/013
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn...the blogosphere strikes again!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Isn't 60 Minutes is the same bunch of "impartial journalists" who rigged a Ford Pinto up with flares to make it catch on fire. Remember? The rear end collision stuff? CMIIW, but Dan Rather was there then too.

And the nerve of him to slam Drudge! At least Drudge doesn't make shit up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Imbroglio did it.

That's what I thought.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I think rather is just a idiot who saw a chance to get bush. I don't believe he would risk it and actually forge the documents.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Isn't 60 Minutes is the same bunch of "impartial journalists" who rigged a Ford Pinto up with flares to make it catch on fire. Remember? The rear end collision stuff? CMIIW, but Dan Rather was there then too.

And the nerve of him to slam Drudge! At least Drudge doesn't make shit up.

IIRC, that was Dateline, yet another "credible news agency"

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't know WHO wrote it, but methinks that the writer(s) work for or can be linked to James Carville and/or Paul Begala who are BIG-TIME Klintonistas.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Al Gore. His is the name that comes to mind when I think of "STUPID".
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd go with the "DNC guy early 30's or younger" as well. I think the perp has never written anything on something other than a word processor. And a real forgery effort by pros wouldn't have been so comically inept.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Damage control is setting in for the Dems.  First, Edwards, the shrewd lawyer that somehow knows how to channel the dead in a court room, tries to get Bush to explain the memos.  Since they are not part of the Bush ANG record and he would have not seen them - that would be hard to do.  An attempt to divert the source away from being the Kerry camp.

Now the "Republicans did it" is being used.  Terry McAuliffe is spewing this like crazy to again try and divert the attention from the Kerry camp - who is also silent.  Please note that if CBS had recieved the documents from the repubs, then CBS would have instantly said so.  The DNC is on the rocks with this one and the repubs are just giving them rope by allowing the news media to deal with it and staying quiet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep. Right now the story is "plucky geeks takedown mighty CBS." If the Wh got involved the press would cover it as "WH tries to weasel out of dealing wtih damning documents."

The rule is that you shut up when the other guy is demolishing himself. that's exactly what the WH is doing to CBS.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I can't believe no one's said...

MIKEY MOORE

Seriously, if he can't slime Bush with that bullshit movie, then why not try another forgery?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn...the blogosphere strikes again!!!

I doubt that's right...

A former officer, especially an O-6 would have gotten the memo format, rank format, and sig block right...

A Colonel would have written, read, and signed so many memos in his career that it would be habit...

The author of this never spent a day in the military, at least not at a rank where memo writing wwas required...

I've seen better memos done by ROTC cadets, back when I was one for a year...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#25]
 One thing to note guys... Rather is just a mouthpiece, he isn't doing any investigative leg work(of course it doesn't look like anyone from cBS is either).  Rather literally shows up and gets miked and the prodcuers give him the questions to ask. Small market anchors will track down stories and ideas but most bigger markets and network the guys just read the copy in front of them. The other edge to this sword is that when shit goes wrong the anchor gets blamed even though he is just reading the prompter. Content and stories are the work of producers, I'd venture to say that most of the 60 minute reporters have producers leading them around by the nose also.  Rather is left wing no doubt and from sources I have is getting very forgetful in his old age,(a source once told me that Rather is a nice guy, will talk to anyone but won't remember you 5 minutes later) but the real blame goes to the producers of the show for this big cluster F***.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Just ask Dan:

"What's the frequency Kenneth?"
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
 One thing to note guys... Rather is just a mouthpiece, he isn't doing any investigative leg work(of course it doesn't look like anyone from cBS is either).  Rather literally shows up and gets miked and the prodcuers give him the questions to ask. Small market anchors will track down stories and ideas but most bigger markets and network the guys just read the copy in front of them. The other edge to this sword is that when shit goes wrong the anchor gets blamed even though he is just reading the prompter. Content and stories are the work of producers, I'd venture to say that most of the 60 minute reporters have producers leading them around by the nose also.  Rather is left wing no doubt and from sources I have is getting very forgetful in his old age,(a source once told me that Rather is a nice guy, will talk to anyone but won't remember you 5 minutes later) but the real blame goes to the producers of the show for this big cluster F***.

You would be quite WRONG.  Rather has total editorial control over CBS Evening News.  I am not sure which of the 60 Minutes crew has that but I am sure one must.  It is quite unheard of for a network news anchor to NOT have Editorial control.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

If Bud was the guy in the Filter song who shot himself in the head during a news cast, I hope he does.  Because...

DAN RATHER IS A GREASY PIECE OF COMMUNIST SHIT>
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

If Bud was the guy in the Filter song who shot himself in the head during a news cast, I hope he does.  Because...

DAN RATHER IS A GREASY PIECE OF COMMUNIST SHIT.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I can't believe no one's said...

MIKEY MOORE

Seriously, if he can't slime Bush with that bullshit movie, then why not try another forgery?

Naaah...that's not Moore's style...he's a self-aggrandizing shithead...he would want the whole world to know it was him...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I think there are three possibilities.

CBS made it up themselves to get ratings, and incidentally help Kerry

DNC operatives had it made and gave it to CBS

People from a anti-Bush 527 had it made and gave it to CBS.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Randi Rhodes told me Karl Rove did it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry, but as a former Marine, anybody like that IS an EX-Marine!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:19:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#39]
 Armdlbrl,  I always like your posts and I respect your opinion, but Rather is a mouthpiece and does not have control over content. Producers determine the content of the show, anchors basically show up after make up, read over their copy and then go on the show. They have some input into stories but 99% of the content and research is done by producers and staff. This is not specualtion on my part as I work everyday in television news and see it first hand.  Rather probably could have said I don't like this story and handed it off to Ed Bradley but the story would still have run because the producers wanted it to. I'll say it again,  Rather is just a talking head, but he is cBS's figurehead and he is going to bat for them with his comments. His credibility is going to be even more tarnished. Ever wonder why network anchors are older "distinquished" men?  It's because of the perception that they are credible and honest, anchors are paid more for the way they look and their on-air manner then any journalsitic abilities they might have. Don't take this as a flame I'm just trying to clear up a misconception about tv news.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Source for the Forged Documents Unmasked?

Bill Burkett, Hinted by Newsweek as Potential Source for Documents, Blames Bush for Not Receiving the Medical Treatment He Believes Himself Entitled To Due to History of "Nervous Breakdowns"

Coincidentally Just Happens to Also Be a Source for Jim Moore, Author of "Bush's Brain," and Dan Rather's Last "Source" Interviewed During Forged-Documents Defense

Has Previously Claimed to Have Seen Republican Operatives "Scrubbing" Bush's TANG Files and Throwing Them in a Trashcan; Has Claimed He "Ruffled Through" Bush "Performance Documents" Which Were Sitting in the Trash

Jim Moore Uses Burkett in his Anti-Bush Book and Has Defended Burkett's Credibility Using Arguments Similar to Rather's

msnbc.msn.com/id/5974040/site/newsweek/

Jim Moore guest commentary on buzzflash.com, a leftist/democratic propaganda site.  He holds up Burkett as the source of a story that in 1997 Republicans waltzed into the TXANG and sanitized Bush's Guard records.

www.buzzflash.com/contributors/04/02/con04070.html
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
 Armdlbrl,  I always like your posts and I respect your opinion, but Rather is a mouthpiece and does not have control over content. Producers determine the content of the show, anchors basically show up after make up, read over their copy and then go on the show. They have some input into stories but 99% of the content and research is done by producers and staff. This is not specualtion on my part as I work everyday in television news and see it first hand.  Rather probably could have said I don't like this story and handed it off to Ed Bradley but the story would still have run because the producers wanted it to. I'll say it again,  Rather is just a talking head, but he is cBS's figurehead and he is going to bat for them with his comments. His credibility is going to be even more tarnished. Ever wonder why network anchors are older "distinquished" men?  It's because of the perception that they are credible and honest, anchors are paid more for the way they look and their on-air manner then any journalsitic abilities they might have. Don't take this as a flame I'm just trying to clear up a misconception about tv news.

The only misconception is on your part.  Dan Rather is the Managing Editor of CBS Evening News.  He controls all content,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top