Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 7:12:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]
 Prayers sent this morning, for all those who lost their lives on Sepy.11, and for all the brave men and women risking their lives as we speak overseas?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#2]
We'll never let it happen again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Newspapers are saying that the number of lost Americans to the war on terror recently reached 1,000.  That is a blatant error.  That number was reached and surpassed on 9/11/01.

Never forget, the heroism of this war began on that tragic morning.

"Let's Roll!"

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#5]
never again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I realy don't know WHAT to say.

I just woke up early and put out the Flag.  Then I saluted and the sign of the Cross.

What can be said?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#7]
About 20 minutes after the second plane hit, we were setting up security and checking prominant land points in areas around the harbor... On the first point we went to, we tracked two sets of foot prints to the beach and found two civilians walking back to the brush towards us -- returning from fishing, after they saw the towers hit.

They were fully compliant and proned out till we could ID them (one was a cop)... but I will never forget when one looked up at me, face down on U.S. soil, and said "Things have changed forever, haven't they?".

For those that were lost on that day... things have changed. Some changes are not so good, but many are great -- Your death was not in vain... as the nation watched, it was awakened, a pride and ire filled the hearts of your neighbors across this country -- and all of America stood side by side.

Even though the short time has washed away the memories of some, the suffering of families and friends, the tears and blood, the worry and fear on dirty faces and the horrible taste from the smoke and dust stuck in our throats will ensure that many will never forget...

But, I thank those who fell that day, the real heroes, for the images I recall the most; The hands of others reaching to help, people walking into harms way to help or only pay tribute to those who were. There was no race, color or creed... Soldiers, cops, crooks, firefighters, athletes, bankers, mothers, children, teachers... everyone, from all walks of life came together -- Your day in infamy is exactly that, your day... for while you bore fully the very worst this country has ever seen, you inspired the very best this country can be. Godspeed, see you across the bar...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#8]
 God Bless the victims and families.

I shal never forget or forgive.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I CAN'T say it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Kevin - I am thankful we got to say goodbye. You are always in my thoughts, as is everyone else lost on that day. You are a hero. In high school, you were the qb and I was your guard, I couldnt block for you on that terrible day 3 years ago.

I swear I will avenge you if given the opportunity.

R.I.P. Buddy, you will never be forgotten.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#11]
NEVER AGAIN.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I work for a law firm and we had this older semi retired guy who does our court filing. He was gone for about three weeks after 9/11 and someone else took his route. When he returned I asked him if he had been on vacation. He said no, I lost my son and my son's wife's brother in the World Trade Centers. He told me his son was a bond trader and called his wife from a cell phone on the roof. He said his son was hoping they could get helicopters to him soon. His son's wife's brother was a NY fireman that was lost in the collapse.

I still remember the look in his eyes when he said, I hope we get that bastard Bin Laden.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Never let the smoke from the towers cloud your vision
Never let the tears obscure the mission

As God is our witness, we will not give in
As God is our friend, he will bury you in your sin

This day will live in our hearts and minds
As a reminder, the sun still shines

If you have the means to hide, the hole had better be deep
For if not, our honorable soliders will make you a dustheap

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top