Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 7:11:17 PM EDT
I like to check out the BOTD just like everyone else.  I have a cable modem and some of the pages still take forever to load.  I can't imagine how long a dial up modem would take to download page 25 or some of the earlier pages. Could we get a limit on the number of pictures per page?  I think 300 is a bit much.

Yeah,  I know.  But I'm not whinning.  Really.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 25 is a bitch with a broadband connection and a fast computer with a workstation graphics card.

I'm getting resource warnings and it's got my system slowed to a crawl.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Nobody likes a whiner!

j/k
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My system did just fine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine took a dive for a few seconds but handled it...

sheeesh ...never mind how long it took to load.......how long did it take to post?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Netspider will help you through the tough times.

Look it up.

MT
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It also depends on the bandwidth of the hosting server.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy crap!  I think Wolfpack posted a picture of every woman in Asia.  

I guess I have a pretty good computer and cable modem service.  It loaded pretty quick for me and didn't bog down my system.  I can see how it could slow down most computers.  Jubus, that's a lot of Asians!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top