User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 5:14:40 PM EDT
LINK

townhall.com

Where is the Muslim outrage?
Jeff Jacoby

September 10, 2004

They are still burying the victims of the latest atrocity committed by evildoers professing Islam -- the slaughter of hundreds of children, teachers, and parents in an elementary school in Beslan, Russia. And from Muslims the world over, as usual, has come mostly silence.

There have been no public demonstrations by Muslims anxious to make it clear how outraged and sickened they are that anyone could commit such unspeakable deeds as an act of Islamic faith. There has been no anguished outcry by Islam's leading imams and sheiks. Prominent Muslim organizations in the West have not called press conferences to express their disgust and anger. Once again the world has witnessed a savage episode of Islamist terror, and once again it strains to hear a convincing rejection of the terrorists from those who should care most about Islam's reputation.

That is not to say there has been no criticism at all. Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia telephoned Russian President Vladimir Putin to assure him that "this terrorist act . . . goes against religious teachings and violates human and moral values." Syria's official news agency decried the massacre as "a terrorist, cowardly action." Sheik Muhammad Sayyid Tantawi of Al-Azhar University in Cairo lambasted the murderers for "taking Islam as cover" and said that "those who carry out the kidnappings are criminals, not Muslims."

But these are boilerplate denunciations, practically meaningless -- particularly when they come from sources that sustain Islamist fanaticism (Saudi Arabia), shelter and support terrorists (Syria), or defend suicide bombers as praiseworthy "martyrs" (Tantawi). They condemn no terrorists or terror organizations by name. They offer no help in destroying the infrastructure that recruits, funds, and trains them. And they contain no hint that the global scourge of Islamofascist jihad is a cancer eating away at the Muslim world.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, which issues dozens of press releases every month, had nothing to say about the bloodbath in Russia until I requested a comment on Tuesday -- four days after the mass-murder occurred and nearly a week after the terrorists, shouting "Allahu akbar," first seized the school. The statement CAIR then issued doesn't even acknowledge that the killers were Muslim:

No words can describe the horror and grief generated by the deaths of so many innocent people at the hands of those who dishonor the cause they espouse.  We offer sincere condolences to the families of the victims and call for a swift resolution to the conflict in that troubled region that will let all people live in peace and freedom.  

At least CAIR went through the motions of condemning the butchery. Other voices preached a different message altogether.

Ali Abdullah, an Islamic scholar in Bahrain, announced that the bloodshed in Beslan "is the work of the Israelis who want to tarnish the image of Muslims." In London, Islamist cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed said he would support hostage-taking at British schools if it were done for a good reason. "If an Iraqi Muslim carried out an attack like that in Britain," he told the Daily Telegraph, "it would be justified because Britain has carried out acts of terrorism in Iraq."

Fortunately, a few Muslim commentators have denounced the evil being done in the name of Islam, and have done so courageously and unambiguously. (The Middle East Media Research Institute has compiled their reactions at www.memri.org.) One in particular stands out: an extraordinary column in the pan-Arabic daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat by Abdel Rahman al-Rashed, the general manager of the Al-Arabiya news channel. (An English translation was published in the Telegraph.)

"It is a certain fact that not all Muslims are terrorists," he begins, "but it is equally certain, and exceptionally painful, that almost all terrorists are Muslims.

"The hostage-takers of the children in Beslan were Muslims. The hostage-takers and murderers of the Nepalese chefs and workers in Iraq were also Muslims. . . . The majority of those who manned the suicide bombings against buses, vehicles, schools, houses, and buildings all over the world were Muslim. . . .    "What a pathetic record. What an abominable `achievement.' Does all this tell us anything about ourselves, our societies, and our culture?. . .

"We cannot tolerate in our midst those who abduct journalists, murder civilians, explode buses; we cannot accept them as related to us. . . . They are the people who have smeared Islam and stained its image. We cannot clear our names unless we own up to the shameful fact that terrorism has become an Islamic enterprise; an almost exclusive monopoly implemented by Muslim men and women.

"We cannot redeem our extremist youths, who commit all these heinous crimes, without confronting the sheiks who thought it ennobling to re-invent themselves as revolutionary ideologues, sending other people's sons and daughters to certain death, while sending their own children to European and American schools and colleges."

When it is no longer astonishing to encounter such sentiments in the Muslim world, we will we know that the corner has been turned in the war against Islamist terror.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no Muslim outrage.  That's why you don't see it.  They don't care that non-Muslims are killed.  They only care if it makes them uncomfortable.

Here in Texas, there are two news stories about Protestant ministers involved in sexual misconduct with minors.  Where is the Protestant outrage that surfaces when Catholic clergy do the same thing?  It doesn't exists because it can't be used against non-Protestants.

Remember, people are the same all over the world.  Only cultures are different.  Muslim hate, Christian hate, atheist hate are all the same.....nothing but hate.  The adjectives you put before them not only don't modify them, they don't even matter.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted this in another thread yesterday but I think it bears repeating.

I am a window clerk for the USPS, and Wednesday (9-8) two young middle eastern men asked for five post card stamps for post cards to France. I sold them the stamps and even put them on the cards for them. As I was putting them into the outgoing mail I noticed that three of them were pictures of the World Trade Center and one was the Statue of Liberty and the other was an aerial view of the UN building. They were all addressed to Paris, France. Not a good choice of subject matter in my opinion, especially considering the timing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There is no Muslim outrage.  That's why you don't see it.  They don't care that non-Muslims are killed.  They only care if it makes them uncomfortable.

True.  Hopefully we won't get locked now...you know for talking about things that are true
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]

True.  Hopefully we won't get locked now...you know for talking about things that are true

- Can I get a witness?
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Christian hate, .....nothing but hate.  

I'd like to see a link to some proof of this.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]
There hasn't been a single Muslim that has turned a suspected terrorist in the US to this day. I say they are all guilty by association. They won't turn on one of theirs foe any reason.

To quote a youn Marine recently back from Iraq   " 72 Virgins! No waiting, let us hook you with Allah today!!! No shortage of ammo here!!!!"

He also said that they aren't the brightest lightbulb in the box either. Rather tuff to train due to their cultural differences.

I SAY NUKE THE FUCKERS TILL THEY GLOW!!!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Christian hate,

Can you provide some examples of 'Christian hate'? Otherwise, this is the biggest oxymoron I have heard in a while.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Here in Texas, there are two news stories about Protestant ministers involved in sexual misconduct with minors.  Where is the Protestant outrage that surfaces when Catholic clergy do the same thing?  It doesn't exists because it can't be used against non-Protestants.

[ETH]You misunderstood, only catholics molest kids[/ETH]

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]
There are 8 Million of them in the US. I think they own all the motels and convient stores in the country. I personally wont patronize  their businesses. ( ever notice the look you get when you enter their business ?  They get a look on thier face like they just stepped in dog shit.) I give them the Charles Bronson look and leave. Fuck-em.We're the ones with guns....!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]
It does not exist.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Doesnt their entire religion say that their duty to Allah is to kill all non beleivers.  And to perform acts of being a traitor.

Go read the Koran.  I did after sept 11th.

YOu cant sympathize with anyone who says they are Islamic.  Sorry.  Their whole religion is about killing all non Islams.  And their religious leaders wont say anything besides that.

Tkae it how you like it.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Up here in Michigan there is a city with the highest population of arabs outside the middle east. They get a lot of bennies (muslim days off from school, changing cubes for gym class, islam food at lunch), and they have huge churches and political groups.

One of the kids in school shows up for class with a tee-shirt that says "Bush=War Criminal" and the school sends him home.

The local and national media jump on the story and call the head of the largest political group there and ask him to comment. In a total shock for the left wing media he says it's good that the kid was sent home because he was disrespectful of the president and a trouble maker. The media couldn't find anyone arab to say anything different.

Those folks know where they got it good, and who keeps it good for them.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#16]
These are the rules they live by… so don't expect them to say sorry!

Qur’an 9:5 “Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.”

Bukhari:V4B52N50“The Prophet said, ‘A single endeavor of fighting in Allah’s Cause is better than the world and whatever is in it.’”

Qur’an 9:112 “The Believers fight in Allah’s Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed.”

Qur’an 9:29 “Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission.”

Qur’an 8:39 “Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah.”

Qur’an 8:39“So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world).”

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#17]
A friend of mine sent me this...is this all true or is it bullshit???

The Koran (Qur'an) and Islam

Koran, or Qur'an, means "recitation" or "reading", and is the Holy Book of Islam.
It consists of 114 suras, or chapters, with a total of 6,236 ayats, or verses.
Love, peace, justice, and the brotherhood of man are the core tenets of Islam.
Living life in obedience to God (Allah) is what makes one a true Muslim.
The Qur'an was first written down around 632 AD, though the oral tradition predates this.
Hafiz, or Qari', is the term given to someone who has memorized the whole Qur'an.
Eid ul-Fitr is the feast marking the end of Ramadan, or the holy month of fasting.
Mecca is the holiest site in Islam, and Muslims pray toward Mecca five times a day.
All Muslims, if able to do so, must perform the Hajj, or pilgrimage to Mecca, at least once in their lifetime.
Liberalism and fundamentalism are often in conflict when it comes to reconciling Islam with the modern world.
Life under Shariah, or Islamic law, is quite restrictive, and is generally considered to be unfair to women.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top