Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 10:47:13 AM EDT
Got to talking to them this morning. They like guns and have a few, but we got to talking about the AWB, which has been all over the news, and they thought Glocks were banned because they could go through xray machines.

I told them the slides and barrel were metal and thus could be detected.they didn't know that, but I don't think they believed me. I wanted to go grab one of mine to show them, but I don't know them well enough to start flashing guns.

Couple of others things they believed:
awb was about machine guns
hi-cap mags can still be bought in Kali

I told them you couldn't buy, sell, trade, lend, borrow any mag over 10 rds in Kali. They thought the AWB concerned Kali. It does, but for charateristics in the AWB and not SB23(some insert the "ah, jeeze not this shit again pic here")

You couldn't do that due to SB23. They had no idea about any registration on "assualt" weapons registration in Kali.

Damn, I got a severe headache trying to explain all these stupid laws. One would ask about the AWB than i'd explain our state aw ban(sb23) how it affected us, but get asked about sb23 and have to explain the awb.

Anywas, they're going shooting next week and I might go too. I'll just bring my 10/22 and .38, though

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought the composite material of Glock bodies was also impregnated with barium so it was detectable by x-ray.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Wait, Bruce Willis said they were porcelin! And totally undetectable in airports!

You mean...Bruce lied?

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#3]
glocks are all porcelain and hold 50 rounds
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Boy, this thread went downhill fast.

Besides, everybody knows that LEO Glocks are the only ones that can't be detected by metal detectors, due the unobtanium inserts inside the bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably should have explained that the Glock 17 is probably one of the most popular semi-auto handguns in the US.

The only gun I've ever seen that looks like it could beat a metal detector (NOT an airport screening machine) is that cool wooden one made by John Malcovitch's character in the movie he was in with Clint Eastwood.  I think it was "In the Line of Fire"
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Probably should have explained that the Glock 17 is probably one of the most popular semi-auto handguns in the US.

The only gun I've ever seen that looks like it could beat a metal detector (NOT an airport screening machine) is that cool wooden one made by Bruce Willis's character in the move he was in with Clint Eastwood.  I think it was "In the Line of Fire"

That was John Malkovich.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I fixed it after I figured that out.  You's fast.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#8]
It was plastic, not wood.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#9]
hey TJ isn't it suprising how so many people in CA have guns but have no idea on the laws.

I saw a guy at the swapmeet selling hi caps and cheap 22 rifle along with a single shot 12ga. I asked him if its ok to sell rifles at a swapmeet he said "yeah its fine as long as you don't sell pistols."
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Yer all a bunch of tards.

If you put a Glock in with some Tupperware they'll never know the difference....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Hadn't seen the movie in quite some time.  Now I think I'll have to rent it again.  Wasn't bad except for the whole love intrest part.  Clint's the man though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What was the name of that movie?  I saw it and it was bad ass.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was the name of that movie?  I saw it and it was bad ass.

In the Line of Fire

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#15]
As long as you keep the ammo in a hollowed out rabits foot that is your key chain you can smuggle any porcelin framed gun in to any high security area.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#16]
ok now that I have my invisible glock...where can I get the plastic/wood/porcelain ammunition that will go through the detector with it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I thought the composite material of Glock bodies was also impregnated with barium so it was detectable by x-ray.

Plastics and polymers are easily detected by x-rays. Most materials can be detected.  I've taken x-ray pictures of stainless steel thermos bottles and could see the coffee inside.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#18]
You'd be surprised (maybe you wouldn't) by how many peeps think glocks are undetectable.  I have had several people ask me if they were.  And like the gun banners want,  they are also convinced anyone can buy a full auto on monday.

It's exactly what the banners want; fear and confusion to cause idiocy to act.

It pisses me off to no end....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wait, Bruce Willis said they were porcelin! And totally undetectable in airports!

You mean...Bruce lied?

That's the "Glock 7" ....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only gun I've ever seen that looks like it could beat a metal detector (NOT an airport screening machine) is that cool wooden one made by Bruce Willis's character in the move he was in with Clint Eastwood.  I think it was "In the Line of Fire"

That was John Malkovich.

John Malkovich played Bruce Willis?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You'd be surprised (maybe you wouldn't) by how many peeps think glocks are undetectable.  I have had several people ask me if they were.  And like the gun banners want,  they are also convinced anyone can buy a full auto on monday.

It's exactly what the banners want; fear and confusion to cause idiocy to act.

It pisses me off to no end....

WTF is a "peeps"?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Unless modified, then they can hold 50 tactical field nuke-tipped bullets that will destroy an entire city block.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was John Malkovich.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was John Malkovich.

Bruce Willis played John Malkovich
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless modified, then they can hold 50 armored piercing tactical field nuke-tipped bullets that will destroy an entire city block.

fixed it for you
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was John Malkovich.

Bruce Willis played John Malkovich

True, but that was in a differant movie.  The Jackel.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Plastics and polymers are easily detected by x-rays. Most materials can be detected.  I've taken x-ray pictures of stainless steel thermos bottles and could see the coffee inside.

Not very well though. X-rays are diffracted by high Z number elements, like lead. You could probably trick an x-ray machine if you knew what you were doing. If you want to detect different kinds of polymers then you need to use neutrons, which are diffracted by low Z elements like hydrogen that makes up polymer molecules.

you wouldn't want to walk through a neutron imaging system though...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#28]
so if I stuck a glock in a film bag, I might sneak it through
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top