Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 9:28:10 AM EDT
You know how he used to post things like "ARFCOM is filled with trolls who just can't be happy about the fact that the AWB is about to sunset..."

I used to get pissed at that kind of attitude because I thought that it discouraged people from trying to motivate others to hammer their politicians with e-mails and letters and phone calls telling them to let the ban die. But all that has changed for me!

I am finally saying it:

THE BAN IS DEAD!

But there are still people on this board who can't enjoy it! For the first time in 10 years our Second Amendment right to own the firearms necessary for personal and community defense are legal and unrestricted! REJOICE! Enjoy it! There will not be a vote on a new AWB this year! Worry about the next ban when the next congress convenes!

Hawkeye was right! I think that there are ALOT of people on this board who don't want to see the AWB go away! My apologies to you Hawkeye! You were right!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I said a long time ago that there were a bunch of people who have financial incentives to NOT see the AWB to go away.

Now, how about some more of those $70 USGIs?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the ban is dead for some of us. However, there are a few states and municipalities that have permanent bans. So, one could say that every silver lining has a cloud.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]
[Fast Times at Ridgemont High]  When people say, hey that Hawkeye, he's a real loudmouth, I'd say hey, you just don't know Hawkeye! [/Fast Times at Ridgemont High]

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I said a long time ago that there were a bunch of people who have financial incentives to NOT see the AWB to go away.

Now, how about some more of those $70 USGIs?

Speaking of financial incentives, what about the folks who'd keel over with heart attacks if the '86 MG ban went away?  Their $10K M16s would be things of the past!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top