Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 8:51:17 AM EDT
I'm trying to get the fake telestock off my MT6400 and I must be going about it the wrong way.  From what I can see, the washer looking thingy that rests against the receiver has a couple of "locks" on it that are holding the nut on really well.  The RRA stock I ordered doesn't have these locks on the washer thingy, but the Colt does and they are being a huge PITA.  10 minutes of trying to twist if off with a pair of channel locks isn't working, and I don't want to use the chop saw just yet.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm trying to get the fake telestock off my MT6400 and I must be going about it the wrong way.  From what I can see, the washer looking thingy that rests against the receiver has a couple of "locks" on it that are holding the nut on really well.  The RRA stock I ordered doesn't have these locks on the washer thingy, but the Colt does and they are being a huge PITA.  10 minutes of trying to twist if off with a pair of channel locks isn't working, and I don't want to use the chop saw just yet.  

Clicky!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the proper tool. A buttstock wrench is like $4.00. If you can't wait for one to show up, measure the outside diameter of the nut, then go to an industrial supply store and get a spanner wrench for that size for about $12.00.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#4]
It's supposed to magically fall off at midnight, 9/13/04.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#5]
After you get it off convert it.
Colt fixed telestock to evil telestock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top