Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 4:25:56 PM EDT

Next Monday a television or print media reporter could interview you. What do you plan to say?  Let me make some suggestions because when the camera rolls its hard to think and talk unless you do it for a living. Even then people say stupid things. Think of Catie Currick. Please feel free to add more.

1. My recreational shooting choice should not be a political decision.

2. Handguns are the choice of “gang-bangers” and not semi automatic rifles.

3.  Criminals do not carry long guns because they are not concealable. Would you walk around in public with a weapon for everyone to see?

4. Police chiefs are political appointees. When we leave political decisions to them we have a police state.

5. If this law were on the books in 1812 we would have lost the war with England.

6. Private citizens with private military weapons in Private armed ships fought and won the war of 1812 on the high seas.  The US Navy was bottled up after the first year of that war. Also, privately armed citizens defended New Orleans. It is part of our history – look it up!

7. The most freighting aspect of Assault Weapons is how irrational non gun owners become when law abiding citizens choose to own one as their shooting choice.

8. If the consensus opinion in America is to abolish private ownership of firearms then they should push for an amendment to the Constitution. That is playing by the rules established by the founders. Instead we seem to get back door legislation that is disingenuous to the founder’s intent.

8. There is absolutely no history or evidence that the majority of Law abiding citizens who spend $1 – 2 thousand dollars on a low powered rifle for target shooting use them in an irresponsible fashion.

9. A police officer has more chance of facing an escaped tiger from the zoo than confronting a law-abiding citizen with a so-called assault weapon.

10. I would speculate that individuals who have the resources and a disposable income to afford a $1-2 thousand dollar Rifle probably are better educated, better paid, and more successful in life than the average anti gun advocate.

OK, you get my point and that is “be prepared”.  These news media folks want to present law abiding gun owners in the worst possible fashion. Only you can stop them. Get a haircut, find a tie and put on your Sunday best. Be ready and do your best to let them know we are not what they portray us as.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
ok at what hour is the ban officially over? 12:01A.M. the 13th or 12:01A.M. the 14th?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt I'll encounter any reporters - where I work I have no guns, and where I live there isn't a reporter for 40 miles in any direction. I guess if I see one I'll ask them why Kerry isn't being crucified over his admitted war crimes or something.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
To the media

11.  Get the f%$# out of my bedroom you son of a motherless goat!

12.  Does my butt look big in these shorts?  

13.  Eat a dick

No matter what you say to the media they are going to twist it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Sunday night at midnight plus .00000000000000000000000000000000001 seconds!

See www.awbansunset.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sunday night at midnight plus .00000000000000000000000000000000001 seconds!

See www.awbansunset.com

So if there is no vote by the time congress is out tomorrow (Friday) then it's a done deal? Wow... I never thought this day would come...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
ANYONE that says ANYTHING to a reporter (unless they're with a firearms org) is just asking for trouble.

ANYTHING you say can be edited to make you sound like Sarah Brady or Fineswine.  Even if what you say is good and left intact you could be edited into such a biased piece of shit "report" that even your friends will think you're insane.

Nope, there's only two words I would have to say to a reporter... NO, NOT *THOSE* TWO WORDS!

"No comment".
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Congress and the Senate are both in session on Monday.  It is a full work day.  It is the final day of the ban period. On midnight of the 13th, the ban will end.  Not before then.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Next Monday a television or print media reporter could interview you.

There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of that happening to me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
If I'm interviewed I will lick my eyebrows for the camera.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top