Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 3:51:10 PM EDT
Thats what my Tulsa, OK Police Chief says.

"Assault rifles' it seems anymore, the primary purpose is to kill police officers," says Tulsa Police Chief Dave Been, who says guns almost always end up in the wrong hands.

"This is simply ridding society of a very dangerous an unnecessary weapon that a person just doesn't need for sport, for hunting, for self protection or anything," Been says.

You know, I have always liked to go out target shooting with my evil rifles. I even like to have some for self protection. But I guess I better load them up and go out and kill some police officers since thats the only thing they are good for.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0904/171905.html
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, you must not have read the instruction manual. It's in there, the cop shooting part I mean.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Found the chiefs email if anyone is interested.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Found the chiefs email if anyone is interested.

[email protected]

Tagged for the address
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit!

Mines not working right! I haven't killed one cop yet!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]

...guns almost always end up in the wrong hands...

Then that chief better disarm all of his officers - for the safety of the children, for the children.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]

I'm simply AMAZED at the FLOOD of this bullshit.  Who the FUCK is coordinating this?  Who the FUCK is calling these people and getting them to spew OUTRIGHT LIES 24/7 for the past couple of days.

If the NRA, GOA or any other "gun rights org" tried something like this there would be a shitstorm of howls from the media about "manipulating the press" and "Special Interest Groups flooding the airwaves with their propaganda" but these OUTRIGHT LIES are being parroted word-for-word in multiple stories nationwide and the sheeple are eating it up.

My disgust level keeps rising by the hour as we approach the sunset.  I can't really afford it but on Sep 13 when I get up my first action of  the day is to call the NRA and sign up as a Life Member and I'm going to make it DAMN CLEAR to them that I'm doing so because of the AWB sunset and I'm also going make it DAMN CLEAR to them that they have a LONG way to go making these LYING ASSHOLES eat their worlds.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm... if AWs are only useful for killing police officers, what do police officers have them for?

--Mike

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Good ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm simply AMAZED at the FLOOD of this bullshit.  Who the FUCK is coordinating this?  Who the FUCK is calling these people and getting them to spew OUTRIGHT LIES 24/7 for the past couple of days.

If the NRA, GOA or any other "gun rights org" tried something like this there would be a shitstorm of howls from the media about "manipulating the press" and "Special Interest Groups flooding the airwaves with their propaganda" but these OUTRIGHT LIES are being parroted word-for-word in multiple stories nationwide and the sheeple are eating it up.

It's always going to be this way. Let me explain something, having been an anti for most of my life.

Most antis driving the debate and generating the propaganda hate - I mean HATE - people who own black rifles. It's a level of contempt somewhere between that for a murderer, and a member of the Klan.

To them, we are not worth honest conduct, honest debate, or a scintilla of respect. We are all rednecked, bigoted, hateful, psychologically deficient future killers. We make their world unsafe, so they feel, and lack their sensitivity. Most would like to see us jailed for owning these rifles.

Lying about our guns, or the AWB, is a petty act of corruption, to them - worth comitting to advance a greater good. Easy to do, if one believes he can rescue humanity from "gun violence." Wouldn't you tell a few lies to save childrens' lives? This is how they view things.

But the reward is not actually "saving children," as the data shows gun laws have little effect. The reward is the position itself, the sense of enlightenment, and feeling like a savior.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Tell that moron that the Civilian Marksmanship Program which was formed by an act of Congress actively supports service rifle competitions.  I guess the CMP and Congress didn't realize that AR-15 type rifles are only useful to kill police officers.

AR-15-TYPE
COMPETITION RIFLE
PURCHASE PROGRAM

The Civilian Marksmanship Program Highpower Competition Rifle Purchase Program offers CMP-affiliated state associations and clubs a unique opportunity to purchase accurized AR-15-Type match rifles at prices subsidized by the CMP.  The program is designed to help state association and club highpower shooters obtain the rifles they need to compete successfully in service rifle competitions.

Highpower rifle shooting has changed dramatically in the last few years.  Accurized M-16 and AR-15-Type rifles with fast-twist barrels and 5.56mm ammunition with high ballistic coefficient bullets now dominate highpower service rifle competitions.  The last eight National Service Rifle Championships were won with M-16’s.  Leading military rifle teams now use M-16’s exclusively while many civilian teams are now choosing accurized AR-15-Type rifles.

The CMP Program subsidizes the purchase price of these unique target arms when they are purchased through a CMP affiliated club or state association that has both a highpower rifle program and a junior rifle program.  This program is made possible through special agreements between the CMP, Bushmaster and Compass Lake Engineering.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Lynyrd Skynyrd says handguns are made for killin'...

Two feets they come a creepin’
Like a black cat do
And two bodies are lyin’ naked
Creeper think he got nothin’ to lose
So he creeps into this house, yeah
And unlocks the door
And while a man reaching for his trousers
Shoots him full of .38 holes

(chorus)
Its a saturday night special
Got a barrel that’s blue and cold
Ain’t no good for nothin’
But put a man six feet in a hole

Big jim’s been drinkin’ whiskey
And playing poker on a losin’ night
Pretty soon, big jim starts a thinkin’
Somebody been cheatin’ and lyin’
So big jim commences to fightin’
I wouldn’t tell you no lie
And big jim done grab his pistol
Shot his friend right between the eyes

(chorus)

Hand guns are made for killin’
Ain’t no good for nothin’ else
And if you like your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself
So why don’t we dump ’em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's always going to be this way. Let me explain something, having been an anti for most of my life.

Most antis driving the debate and generating the propaganda hate - I mean HATE - people who own black rifles. It's a level of contempt somewhere between that for a murderer, and a member of the Klan.

To them, we are not worth honest conduct, honest debate, or a scintilla of respect. We are all rednecked, bigoted, hateful, psychologically deficient future killers. We make their world unsafe, so they feel, and lack their sensitivity. Most would like to see us jailed for owning these rifles.

Lying about our guns, or the AWB, is a petty act of corruption, to them - worth comitting to advance a greater good. Easy to do, if one believes he can rescue humanity from "gun violence." Wouldn't you tell a few lies to save childrens' lives? This is how they view things.

But the reward is not actually "saving children," as the data shows gun laws have little effect. The reward is the position itself, the sense of enlightenment, and feeling like a savior.

Very good summary!

Comes down to what we've always said about so-called "liberals".  FACTS and LOGIC have no place in their world.  It's driven by emotion, "feelings" and that whatever they must do to achieve the desired outcome is OK because the outcome (as wrong-headed as it might be) is all that matters.

Just reinforces my thought that people like that suffer from a mental illness.  I can't think of any other way to phrase it.  Someone who bases their actions on perceptions, even when those perceptions can be proven wrong and yet still continue to proclaim their "rightness" is deranged to my way of thinking.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hmmmm... if AWs are only useful for killing police officers, what do police officers have them for?

Yes sir!  He can out that in his pipe and smoke it!

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Only good for killing police officers?

I thought they were only good for shooting innocent bystanders.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#15]
We'll, cops that stupid should be shot.  Chlorine in the gene-pool, and all that.  Protect and serve, my ass.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Most chiefs of police are "Appointed" which means they are nothing but the puppet mouthpiece of the administration that they work for. I nearly lost my mind when the National police chiefs Assn. went on tv and basically said the country be be "Less safe" with the loss of the AWB. I am a Police officer in a suburb of Chicago, (where the expiration wont make a difference either way because Daley's AWB is more strict than the Feds) and I fail to see how making it illegal for citizens to own a "Assault rifle", and making it extremely difficult for LEO's to purchase them does anything to put real criminals in prison, who run around in the streets of Chicago and my jurisdiction with their piece of shit  Lorcin .32 autos victimizing people who abide by the law.

Just ignore these bozos, they have no brain of their own.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
We'll, cops that stupid should be shot.  Chlorine in the gene-pool, and all that.  Protect and serve, my ass.

Please dont insult the real "Cops" by referring to this puppet as a "Cop"
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry.  I should'a counted to 10.  I apologize for the impulsive post.

Wouldn't it be nice if it was common knowledge that there's a huge philosophical difference between the rank & file cops and their leaders?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#19]
There are thousands of "Police Chiefs" across the nation.    Lets not sterotype or group the exceptions to an otherwise honorable and tough profession.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#20]
The police officers around here are starting to get ARs in their arsenal as of late....these guys don't even know what brand they are if you ask them.  I don't mean any disrespect towards police officers, but they don't seem to even care about having ARs at their disposal, I guess it is just a job for them and they don't get excited about guns and stuff.  I think the only time cops get to see an AR type is on the news covering Iraq and sometimes when near the gun cage at work.  I doubt that they see these things on the street EVER, since most criminals use pistols, sawed-offs and knives.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right on the money. I too used to be an anti, and a big time lib. That selfless feeling you get when you write out your big tax check- boy, was I stupid as a youth. Then I grew up.

What the has said in his post is something I have felt myself, back in the day. It is a fact that liberals feel this way. It validates their handing over of their fortunes and their rights, in the name of a greater good. Any victory against those horrible "people who would keep us on our knees" is a good one to them.

"How dare you mention guns, you hate-filled, war-mongering, Charlton
Heston-loving, gun-toting, half-bred, backwards Southern redneck Republican!
You people need to learn some tolerance!"

"Many of you are well enough off that ... the tax cuts may have helped you,"
Sen. [Hillary] Clinton said. "We're saying that for America to get back on
track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're
going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

"San Francisco rolls out the red carpet for the Clintons"

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yeah, you must not have read the instruction manual. It's in there, the cop shooting part I mean.

So that's why I have trouble with my AK's 100 yard groups.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

--Mike

www.mikecaswell.com/awcountdown.gif

OWNED
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

--Mike

www.mikecaswell.com/awcountdown.gif

My thoughts as well...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh I see, that must be why there is an exception which allows the police to own them
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Thats what my Tulsa, OK Police Chief says.
"Assault rifles' it seems anymore, the primary purpose is to kill police officers," says Tulsa Police Chief Dave Been, who says guns almost always end up in the wrong hands.

"This is simply ridding society of a very dangerous an unnecessary weapon that a person just doesn't need for sport, for hunting, for self protection or anything," Been says.

You know, I have always liked to go out target shooting with my evil rifles. I even like to have some for self protection. But I guess I better load them up and go out and kill some police officers since thats the only thing they are good for.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0904/171905.html

That's not what the FBI is saying on thier press release page. He should download some of those reports if he wants the facts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#27]
This guy is so wrong, you can kill pretty much anyone with an "assault weapon".  The military uses them on everything and they seem to work pretty well.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The more they talk about us peasants being the "wrong people" to own firearms - the more they SHOULD fear us.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top