Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 1:21:52 PM EDT
Did you not friggin expect it in an election year?  It was BOUND to occur.  Let it pass...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I think we're all just getting fed up with the constant lies/slander and general BS.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think it's cause there lying and saying this has to do with machine guns.

I'm ready to go crazy just thinking that all across america, people want to extend this ban "cause we need machine guns off the streets".

WTF!!!

Again, a political tactic that was BOUND TO HAPPEN.  Did you really think that the Democrats would let it slip away without making as much political noise as possible?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
It just bothers me that we have allowed the populous to become so ignorant of such important issues that when the media says the machine guns will flood our streets, people believe them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I am not bothered by it at all!

The ban is as good as gone! I am taking this breif moment to relish in our victory! I am enjoying our enemies lamentations! Let them gripe and cry like we did for 10 years!

That said, we all have to be ready for war, as soon as the next Congress begins it's first session!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Its really bad when Congressman and Senators will go up and lie to the American people about the AWB bill.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate to see the sheeple being fed such rediculous lies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The ban is as good as gone! I am taking this breif moment to relish in our victory! I am enjoying our enemies lamentations! Let them gripe and cry like we did for 10 years!

That said, we all have to be ready for war, as soon as the next Congress begins it's first session!

Dude your right this fight isnt over we are in for a war and the American populace needs to be informed of all these lies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did you not friggin expect it in an election year?  It was BOUND to occur.  Let it pass...

Yes it was/is expected, doesnt mean I'm gonna back down without countering appropriately. We MUST vote in all of these damn web-polls and continue writing to legislators to ensure that OUR voice is heard. God knows the libs will.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Because impression is reality.  A lie goes around the world before the truth gets out of bed.

Sometime after the election, when not as many gun owners are paying attention, Congress will attempt to pass another AWB.  If Kerry is elected, it will be an executive order.

Starting Monday, you have (I am guessing) six months. Go!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Because impression is reality.  A lie goes around the world before the truth gets out of bed.

Sometime after the election, when not as many gun owners are paying attention, Congress will attempt to pass another AWB.  If Kerry is elected, it will be an executive order.

Starting Monday, you have (I am guessing) six months. Go!

Dude, if the motivation was there, the date would have been struck back in May.  Yes, the fight is not over because the antis will always throw wacky legislation into the pot, but don't discount the magnitude of this victory.

By the way, what to you think an EO is?  It's not what you think it is...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And by next session more Americans will believe that this whole issue is about "MACHINE GUNS" and that these "MACHINE GUNS" are somehow more lethal than other sami-auto rifles, and that their child is going to run into somebody in an alley somewhere that wants to sell them a "MACHINE GUN" for $32.

What they are saying now does matter, wether or not the Ban dies, they are setting up for their next battle, and some of you don't seem to care that the News/Media is helping spead the lies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Its really bad when Congressman and Senators will go up and lie to the American people about the AWB bill.

I don't think they are outright lying per se. I think they honestly believe the crap that feinstein, et. al. have spewed  forth. They don't know anything about firearms and what's worse is they didn't bother to check out the facts. One of my Senators, George Allen, did check out the facts and saw through the BS that it is and reversed his position on it. Not all of them take the time to do so.

Edit to say: Then again, not all of them have common sense either.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What they are saying now does matter, wether or not the Ban dies, they are setting up for their next battle, and some of you don't seem to care that the News/Media is helping spead the lies.

Nope, I care, but I also anticipated such behavior.  What I'm wondering is why you all are so shocked by this...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I think it's cause there lying and saying this has to do with machine guns.

I agree.

That and. we are SOOOO close, we don't want to lose now.

But look at the potential upside....

IF America really doesn't care that (in their mistaken thinking) the AWB now allows machine guns, MAYBE we'll be able to actually get the 86 MG ban reversed.

[Lennon]You may say I'm a dreamer...[/lennon]

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, I care, but I also anticipated such behavior.  What I'm wondering is why you all are so shocked by this...

It's not shock, it's anger.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#18]
When sgtar15's wife can't even ban him from her panty drawer how can anyone expect any ban to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top