Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 10:59:32 AM EDT
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Ayman al-Zawahri (search), Usama bin Laden's right-hand man, appeared in a new videotape aired on Al Jazeera on Thursday.

The number two figure in Al Qaeda (search) said U.S. forces have only limited movement in Afghanistan, Reuters reported.

Al-Zawahri was wearing a white turban with a machine gun at his side and spoke for several minutes in the videotape.

It is largely believed that Al-Zawahri, an Egyptian doctor, is the brains behind the terror network.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't al jazeera have a satelite we can take out?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Doesn't al jazeera have a satelite we can take out?

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#3]
AK-47 next to him in video?  Dosen't he know there's a ban on those until Sept 13th?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
AK-47 next to him in video?  Dosen't he know there's a ban on those until Sept 13th?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#5]

The number two figure in Al Qaeda (search) said U.S. forces have only limited movement in Afghanistan, Reuters reported.

Hmmm. It seems to me that US forces have UNLIMITED movement in Afghanistan. Hell, we only have a handful of guys there and they go pretty much anywhere they want. It is the terrorists who soiled their bloomers fleeing into Pakistan.

Of course I suppose the terrorists are just as delusional as their pal John F'ing Kerry and his loony liberal cohorts.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hmmm. It seems to me that US forces have UNLIMITED movement in Afghanistan. Hell, we only have a handful of guys there and they go pretty much anywhere they want. It is the terrorists who soiled their bloomers fleeing into Pakistan.

Of course I suppose the terrorists are just as delusional as their pal John F'ing Kerry and his loony liberal cohorts.

-CH

Are we seeing the types of IED attacks in Afghanistan that we're seeing in Iraq?  I haven't heard of any.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#7]
*supposedly* The Pakis had that guy surrounded with some al Qaeda fighters accross the border but he either escaped or was never there to begin with........It appears the Pakis are trying to help us, but who really knows what their intensions are*Skeptical*
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#8]
*accidental quoting*
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Actually they screen-grabbed the serial number on it and ATF is running a trace right now.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
*supposedly* The Pakis had that guy surrounded with some al Qaeda fighters accross the border but he either escaped or was never there to begin with........It appears the Pakis are trying to help us, but who really knows what their intensions are*Skeptical*

You can't use Competance and Pakistani in the same sentance.  My friend who was in Somolia said the skinnys loved to pick on them and the Egyptians.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#11]
The US has limited movement?  Do we have to communicate to the outside world by making a videotape and shoving it up a camel's ass to be smuggled to a podunk TV station?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The US has limited movement?  Do we have to communicate to the outside world by making a videotape and shoving it up a camel's ass to be smuggled to a podunk TV station?

I agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top