Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 9:13:08 AM EDT
Locally the report will be on KTAR, MONDAY.

Got a call this am from an ABC radio guy. I cringed when I saw the (212) origin of the call.

In my inimitable style I ranted for about 30 seconds regarding the Nightline debacle and pled with the guy to NOT put idiots from California, MA, NY or some other Commie state on to comment on this Sunset, their opinion being IRRELEVANT because nothing will change in thier state due to state level AWBs.

In other words, tell that batty-eyelid Chief Bratton to STFU.

He gave me his word that the interview would be done "straight" and requested that I stop swearing so he wouldnt have to edit too much out.

(grin, sorry folks, I was incensed)

He also apologized for the TV guys, but explained that he's a Radio guy and that it wasnt his department.

He seemed to know more than the TV guy did about weapons.

I gave a good interview, only about 5 questions. I was cogent, relevant, technically and legally accurate and kept my soapboxing to a minimum.

Maybe we'll get a fair shake on this one.

D.
AZEX

After watching Nightline and seeing all the machine guns on there, I was so incensed that I rewrote the whole AZEX homepage to reflect it.

The News Director who called me from NYC balked that I'd have a problem with them sending out a camera crew so I could explain what would become legal again on Monday.

THEN THE DIRTY BASTARDS PUT FULL AUTO GUNS ALL OVER AND TRY TO ASSOCIATE THE AWB WITH THOSE!

Agenda-driven assclowns!

It was nice to see my home page on the news, evening and Nightline.

D.
AZEX       www.azexarms.com

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no media bias.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Dear Sir,

As an American, I am utterly disgusted with the remarks Chief Bratton made while performing on the ABC News program "Nightline." I cannot bring myself to call his stint an "interview," given the sheer magnitude of half-truths and whole lies he offered up in his defense of the '94 Assault Weapon Ban.

Saying with a straight face (albeit with eyelids fluttering away like a hummingbird's wings) that the sunset of this law will lead to carnage and blood in the streets is not only folly and hyperbole, it is agenda-driven sensationalism.

Even more bizarre is his comment concerning about 50 police officers being killed by people using assault weapons recently. The chief alluded to the fact that the AWB was important to the families of the slain officers and implied that the law worked for them. What sane person with two brain cells to rub together could make such a claim? Those officers were killed, it was implied, by rifles covered by the ban. HOW DID THE AWB PROTECT THOSE OFFICERS? How on this green earth did the AWB benefit the families of the slain officers? Does the chief have an answer or just more lies?

As underhanded as those comments were, it pales in comparison with the following: While discussing the amount of guns in America and those who own them, the chief said that President George W. Bush took an oath of office to protect the country "against all...action, foreign and domestic." I could see the chief pause right before replacing the word "enemies" with "action." What was the chief implying? That American gun owners and the guns they own are "enemies of the state?" That the Federal Government should treat us as such? It is astounding that a law enforcement officer would even mutter such a thing in private conversation, let alone ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. What would the chief like to see? Detainment camps full of law-abiding American citizens? Private property siezed and destroyed under the guise of "public safety?" Is THIS the role Chief Bratton wishes law enforcement had in the United States? The shame!

It's been said that law-abiding Americans have nothing to fear from their law-enforcement servants. After Chief Bratton's performance tonight, I am convinced there is plenty to fear.

Sincerely,

Wobblin' Goblin

Former State Representative
51st District
State of Connecticut
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
You were in the news?   Do you have it on tape?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#4]
BTW, I like the reworked homepage you put up D.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Derek, I saw the same BS, it was really sad, Ted Koppel never let Sandy Froman finish a thought before he interrupted her, and then Ted did the samething to Wayne LaPierre when he appeared on the show a years back. The f'cker just interrupting the pro-gun person, whereas he let the anti-gun person just rattle on and on.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Koppel went from being a decent journalist, to a smug sanctimonious ass over the past few decades. But it keeps him comfortable and welcome on the party circuit, truth is just a wretched casualty on the path to a life of prominance and leisure.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm still waiting for a response to my e-mail, btw.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#8]
abc - Anything But Correct
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Great letter Wobblin-Goblin!!! Very nice!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Almost hijack - when the NRA puts a spokesman out for an interview, they damn well need to have their story squared away, with the facts and figures immediately at hand, and not just sit there alluding that Bratton's story might be, let's say, inaccurate.  They missed an opportunity to smoke his ass with facts and failed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#11]
That show was rediculously slanted and might as well have been a paid add by the Brady Campaign. They tapped into all of the drama-pure emotional effects devices possible. The LA shoot out, Columbine, they did it all. I lsot respect for them long ago and this just makes it even more clear.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Wobblin-Goblin   Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#13]
It might be effective to write letters to advertisers, asking them why they are supporting shows which present inaccuracies as fact, and if they agree with the positions presented favourably on the show. (I'll bet CEO's just LOVE political controversy impacting their bottom line

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#14]
A Big  THANK YOU too!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#15]
You're welcome, sir.

I was just so damn bent outta shape about seeing my site on there, even tho I was laughing at them reading the line "one gun dealer even has a countdown clock to denote the expiration of the 'stupid, ineffective assault weapon ban' ".

Then they just ruined the whole thing.

Semi autos are not "preferred weapons" of any warfighting entity.

GAH! FOOLS!

D.
AZEX

PS. STFU Jojo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top