Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 2:48:40 PM EDT
Awwww god, they did a horible job reporting the AWB.

They were talking about full-auto!!  They said mags were illegal to own and some types of ammo was banned
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
WHy don't they just call it ABC story time hour??

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Awwww god, they did a horible job reporting the AWB.

They were talking about full-auto!!  They said mags were illegal to own and some types of ammo was banned hr

It has been a long time since the alphabet networks have done any real reporting, i.e. researching the facts and making sure that they were accurate.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm constantly amazed at how incompetent reporters are. You'd think someone with national visibility in the media could put together 180 seconds of film that didn't involve repeated falsehoods.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, why do they always interview the idiot gun shop owners

Interviewed gun shop owner-"we like high-cap mags because we will sell more ammo"
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
They also said that if the AWB sunsets then there will be more Hollywood bank type shootouts and that 2/3 of all NRA members are for the ban.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]
So the ban would cover the same guns in the North Hollywood Bank shootout?
What a down right out lying sack of shit ABC is. They knew exactly what they are doing, trying to raise hysteria. Watch Nightline tonight for more lies. Un-Fucking-believable.

They said 1/3 of NRA members are for it....not 2/3
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]
They have to lie.  If they told the truth everyone would see how stupid the laws are and that would not advance their agenda.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#9]
This is new?

Those assbags haven't the brains or balls to call the 9-11 shit hooks terrorist!
ABC = Assinine Baby Cunts!

Bilster
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#10]
what the fuck is it going to take for the truth to be told / known ????????????
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes and by renewing the flash suppressor, bayonet lug, no new mag rule, the world is safe...

What an f'ing crock. But Grammie and others don't understand and eat that crap up...

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Man I wondered if it was just me. I have been listening to the radio which uses ABC news, on the hourly updates the newsgirl talks about the AWB that bans uzis and AK47s.

These people have to be deliberately misleading people, they can't really be that stupid, can they?

Man, I read about yellow journalism in school but I never thought I would see it like this.

96Ag
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Man I wondered if it was just me. I have been listening to the radio which uses ABC news, on the hourly updates the newsgirl talks about the AWB that bans uzis and AK47s.

These people have to be deliberately misleading people, they can't really be that stupid, can they?

Man, I read about yellow journalism in school but I never thought I would see it like this.

96Ag

Why are they so hellbent on talking about Uzi's!!!???  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Silly goose, the "popular media" can't be bothered with taking time to actually RESEARCH FACTS don't you know.  They take whatever press release that happens to sail across their desk and go from there.

The fact that Brady and their ilk are regarded as some sort of "grass roots org" whereas the NRA is automatically thought of as "special interest group as a front for The Gun Lobby" sets the tone from the get-go.  No reporter wants to be thought of as shilling for a "special interest group" do they?  

I haven't watched their shit in years.  The reports I get here are enough to raise my BP.  Actually WATCHING it happen would put me in the ER (and in jail for discharge of firearms into my TV).
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, the nightly news ratings are in the toilet, so a lot of ppl. are onto their lies. I know it pisses us off, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Only idiots believe what they hear at 6:30.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Because they are scary. Most of the people watching couldn't pick an Uzi out of a lineup of shotguns, but they all think that Uzis are bad.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Because the soccer mommies think a grease gun is something the guys at Jiffy Lube use.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I haven't watched ABC news since they covered the Thomas hearings instead of a PENN STATE game. It was the Saturday session when what's her name showed up to bitch about her coke can.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#20]
If these news media people can't get the simple AWB stuff right, then good thing the news media is not reporting about nuclear disarmament or Middle East peace, or we would really be in trouble.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I haven't watched their shit in years.  The reports I get here are enough to raise my BP.  Actually WATCHING it happen would put me in the ER (and in jail for discharge of firearms into my TV).

I haven't watched ABC news in years either but when I heard that they were going to talk about the AWB I had to watch, it is like a bad car wreck- you tell yourself not to look but you just have to
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
what the fuck is it going to take for the truth to be told / known ????????????

Well, telling the truth is one thing, getting the sheeple to believe it is another thing entirely.

CMOS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top