Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/22/2024 8:26:47 AM EDT
No link, link would give access to my account..........

Attachment Attached File

It's that time of the year again when the budding marijuana legalization conversation lights up on the federal level. It's actually been going on for quite some time, and witnessed some momentum in 2022 with the introduction of the Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act in the Senate and the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act in the House. Things continued in 2023 as the HHS concluded its independent review, with any change in scheduling now in the hands of the DOJ.

Backdrop: When state and federal laws conflict, the latter preempts the former as per Article IV of the Constitution. However, the 10th Amendment - as interpreted by the Supreme Court - outlines that the federal government cannot "commandeer the state," meaning it cannot force states to arrest cannabis sellers or users that comply with their own state laws. In turn, states also cannot block the federal government from enforcing their laws. As a result, federal agents could be dispatched to make arrests within states if there was a will to do so and the resources were available, but in recent decades, sentiment has turned with regard to weed's place in society.

"The process is still going, the review is still going," White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said at her latest briefing. "On decriminalization, the President has been very, very clear. He doesn't believe that anyone should be in jail or be prosecuted just for using or - or possessing marijuana."

Oregon led the effort towards decriminalization in 1973, California kicked off medical marijuana in 1996, and recreational weed even became legal in Colorado and Washington in 2012. As of today, pot is now legal recreationally in nearly half of all U.S. states, though it still remains a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970. The illegal classification makes it complicated for companies to operate within their own state borders, as many business activities and banks are regulated by federal law, as well as taxes, trademarks, and legal processes like bankruptcy. Reclassifying cannabis as a proposed Schedule III substance also doesn't mean weed would be legalized, but would be a step towards doing so on the federal level.

Outlook: Cannabis market research firm BDSA expects legal U.S. cannabis sales to grow nearly 10% to $32.4B by the end of 2024. For investors trying to gain exposure to the sector, check out the news on multistate operators like Cresco Labs (OTCQX:CRLBF), Curaleaf (OTCPK:CURLF), Green Thumb Industries (OTCQX:GTBIF) and Trulieve Cannabis (OTCQX:TCNNF). Cannabis-related ETFs include the AdvisorShares Pure Cannabis ETF (YOLO) and funds like the Amplify Alternative Harvest (MJ).
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Ohio is a weed state. Medical, and now recreational.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:27:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Bread , circuses and new legal drugs to pacify the masses and keep them stupid and occupied, and not placing blame for their shitty lives, where it belongs, DC.
View Quote

Pretty much this... and another reason you likely won't see it legalized federally - it makes you a prohibited person, and they sure love ways to take your guns away or prevent you from obtaining them.

State - let's just ignore federal drug laws

Buyer - cool, I'll take a dime bag of triple cush push my man

State - enjoy your weed muh brother, oh yeah... we're taking your guns because you broke federal drug laws

Buyer - but you SOLD IT TO ME!

State - yeah, but drugs are bad and you broke the law, so you can't be trusted with a gun

Buyer - BUT YOU SOLD IT TO ME!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Americans LOVE their drugs.  Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, opioids, synthetics, prescriptions - they fucking love them.  Whatever your position on the matter America’s love of drugs is an irrefutable fact.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Smoking tobacco:  worst thing that has ever happened on the planet.  Anyone involved in tobacco production should be charged so the scourge of cigarettes can be eradicated.

Smoking weed:  great for everyone and can treat every ailment known to man!  We need special government programs to promote its production!

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Kent:
Smoking tobacco:  worst thing that has ever happened on the planet.  Anyone involved in tobacco production should be charged so the scourge of cigarettes can be eradicated.

Smoking weed:  great for everyone and can treat every ailment known to man!  We need special government programs to promote its production!

View Quote

In, NY former felons who served time for illegal drug production and distribution got preference for cannabis licenses... you know reparations!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't care.  Just smoke it in your own house.  It smells like shit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CrustyKayak:
I don't care.  Just smoke it in your own house.  It smells like shit.
View Quote

This goes with any preferred drug.  Keep it to yourself.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:39:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#8]
americans love their drugs. i mean LOVE their drugs as this thread will shortly prove

our geopolitical enemies russia and china have both banned it

everywhere it gets legalized goes full idiocracy within a generation

not to mention the cultural rot

i dont wanna hear any arfcommers lamenting the fall of USAs social structure while also pushing weed as a good thing
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By callmestick:
I find it funny that the left wants to legalize drugs and at the same time ban Zyn.
View Quote

It's because nicotine is actually a pretty damn good nootropic, and Zyn is just about the safest/lowest risk way to consume it (except for your wallet). Can't have people enhancing their brain function and forming critical thoughts without the cancer risk now, can we?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stevelish:

Or make the users smarter, more motivated, and productive.
View Quote

That would be good, too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JimEb:
Our factory workers are already high AF throughout the day.  They can’t make it a shift without lighting the bong in their car on their lunch break.  

Why is there no such thing as a casual user?  You’re either not a user or getting stoned is your entire identity.
View Quote

This is hilariously bullshit.

Where do you people come up with this stuff?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Our factory workers are already high AF throughout the day.  They can’t make it a shift without lighting the bong in their car on their lunch break.  

Why is there no such thing as a casual user?  You’re either not a user or getting stoned is your entire identity.
View Quote

I take a small bite off a gummy sometimes before bed and I sleep like a rock. I'd consider myself a casual occasional user.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Kent:

View Quote
The physical and psychological dependencies, as well as the toxicity of cannabis is no where near as bad as tobacco.
Starting smoking tobacco is hands down the worst decision I ever made in my life and it took years to finally kick the addiction.
Only very heavy users of marijuana tend to experience any sort of withdrawal symptoms and they are generally very mild and mostly psychological.

Smoking anything, no matter what it is, is pants-on-head retarded though, and I had to learn that the hard way.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm surrounded by legal states. A guy got busted for growing weed about 1 mile from the Maine border where it is perfectly legal. The evidence room was part of the court house and stunk so bad it made the local news and why I know the story. Yet you go to MA and half the billboards on all major highways have directions to the closest cannabis shop.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:49:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#17]
I’m still amused there are huge commercial MJ grows, the articles about them employing security because of all the cash (banking), yet Obama put a stop to DEA raiding these places. Same with the dispensaries.  

Not amazed because of the MJ, but because of all the cash the government could seize.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#18]
The theory on hands off users and possessors and still regulating sellers and growers and distributors is ridiculous.  Users are always going to be distributors at some level.  Then amounts in possession will be judged etc.  Then confiscations of assets
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By trails-end:

I don't remember it having that skunk smell in the 80's and early 90's.  I just remember it smelling like burning grass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:
If only there was a way to grow it where it didn't smell like shit when you smoke it.

I don't remember it having that skunk smell in the 80's and early 90's.  I just remember it smelling like burning grass.

Same here. My neighbor smokes it and it smells like skunk, it's annoying as fuck when he does it around the kids but he has a pot card and "needs" it for his anxiety.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:53:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#20]
Originally Posted By MetalChef:
Cannabis is like Abortion: it is too valuable as a campaign/vote gathering issue for Democrats to ever settle the matter.

That is why if the GOP had any brains, they would pass Cannabis legalization in the House with a very low excise/sin tax(3-5%) and hand it to the Senate. It would cause the Democrats to freak out as it would cost them votes to not pass it, yet, it would strip them of said vote gathering issue.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CavScout:

Right tell that to all of the dead families in Nevada. Died from bring hit by high drivers. The state tried to hide that for years and just called it an OUI but recently started disclosing the real reason. An innocent little genetically modified plant.
View Quote

Please explain to me what is genetically modified about it. I think you are mixing selective breeding and GMO up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#22]
ive never been opposed to a drink or few or even a joint on occasion. but i will never understand how people think constantly being fucked up is a good way to go through life. worse yet, to celebrate how drunk or high they got last night/weekend.

i have a woman that works in my office like this. shes a functional drunk. only ever talks about the last party, or the last bar night. never talks about her kids or grandkids unless its about scheduling seeing them around her next bender. she pissed away her family and a marriage because shes a drunk loser. i have no respect for people like this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By callgood:

"The process is still going, the review is still going," White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said at her latest briefing. "On decriminalization, the President has been very, very clear. He doesn't believe that anyone should be in jail or be prosecuted just for using or - or possessing marijuana."
View Quote

Weird how he DOES think they should be stripped of their rights as if they were felons though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#24]
GD sure loves marijuana...more than guns too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

You forgot to add a link to the randomized survey you conducted where you obtained a representative sample of the US population and accurately determined their usage of cannabinoids.

... that, or you just don't understand the concept of selection bias.

You do realize that people don't go to work and start conversations with "I took a 35mg THC gummy last night, and golly gee did I ever sleep well!", right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Opiates are the problem.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
You, Sir, know what's going on. Hell yeah nicotine is an awesome cognitive enhancer, among other things. I've already told my elderly parents that if/when they start to lose it, I'm slapping nicotine pads on them, and they both have never smoked a day in their lives.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Butternut:
Originally Posted By ArrowheadBulldog:

It's because nicotine is actually a pretty damn good nootropic, and Zyn is just about the safest/lowest risk way to consume it (except for your wallet). Can't have people enhancing their brain function and forming critical thoughts without the cancer risk now, can we?
You, Sir, know what's going on. Hell yeah nicotine is an awesome cognitive enhancer, among other things. I've already told my elderly parents that if/when they start to lose it, I'm slapping nicotine pads on them, and they both have never smoked a day in their lives.

It's really good on your heart as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:26:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#28]
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:
GD sure loves marijuana...more than guns too.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:
Opiates are the problem.
View Quote

Americans loving drugs is the problem.  All of them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:54:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TowerIQ] [#30]
Originally Posted By pale_pony:
In before all the pious alcoholics
View Quote

In before all the druggies that cannot make a cogent argument without pointing at what other people do.  
Bereft of any reference to alcohol or any other rhetorical crutch, they cannot defend their descent into psychotropic stupor.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

freedom is scary
View All Quotes

Right tell that to all of the dead families in Nevada. Died from bring hit by high drivers. The state tried to hide that for years and just called it an OUI but recently started disclosing the real reason. An innocent little genetically modified plant.

freedom is scary

Doesn’t have to be.  If Democrats propose legalization, Republicans counter back with support contingent on mandatory prison time for accidents causing injury and life in prison for fatalities.  That’s the problem with “Everything should be legal”.  Accountability isn’t factored in to the bad decisions made with that freedom.  Your freedom ends when it limits someone else’s.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Krombompulos_Michael:
Americans LOVE their drugs.  Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, opioids, synthetics, prescriptions - they fucking love them.  Whatever your position on the matter America’s love of drugs is an irrefutable fact.
View Quote

Which part of the world doesn't love their drugs??
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I mean, we have an entire system integrated into our beings to reap the benefits of cannabis. The Endocannabinoid system is not by chance and is far too complex to be random.

Endocannabinoid system:
The endocannabinoid system is a biological system composed of endocannabinoids, which are endogenous lipid-based retrograde neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors, and cannabinoid receptor proteins that are expressed throughout the vertebrate central nervous system and peripheral nervous system. The endocannabinoid system remains under preliminary research but may be involved in regulating physiological and cognitive processes, including fertility, pregnancy, pre-and postnatal development, various activities of the immune system, appetite, pain sensation, mood, and memory, and in mediating the pharmacological effects of cannabis. The ECS plays an important role in multiple aspects of neural functions, including the control of movement and motor coordination, learning and memory, emotion and motivation, addictive-like behavior and pain modulation. Two primary cannabinoid receptors have been identified: CB1, first cloned in 1990; and CB2, cloned in 1993.  

Why do we have the Endo system if humans don't need it or can't benefit from it? Why is it so intertwined in our nervous system if there is nothing to gain from it? If you believe God created man, how can you ignore the incredibly intricate system he placed within us? It's not like it's just a gene; it's an entire fucking system integrated into almost every aspect of who we are. if you believe in evolution, why have we evolved with such a complex system if it's completely unnecessary? Either way, it's there for a reason, profoundly affecting what makes us human.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ettelbreck:
I mean, we have an entire system integrated into our beings to reap the benefits of cannabis. The Endocannabinoid system is not by chance and is far too complex to be random.

Endocannabinoid system:
The endocannabinoid system is a biological system composed of endocannabinoids, which are endogenous lipid-based retrograde neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors, and cannabinoid receptor proteins that are expressed throughout the vertebrate central nervous system and peripheral nervous system. The endocannabinoid system remains under preliminary research but may be involved in regulating physiological and cognitive processes, including fertility, pregnancy, pre-and postnatal development, various activities of the immune system, appetite, pain sensation, mood, and memory, and in mediating the pharmacological effects of cannabis. The ECS plays an important role in multiple aspects of neural functions, including the control of movement and motor coordination, learning and memory, emotion and motivation, addictive-like behavior and pain modulation. Two primary cannabinoid receptors have been identified: CB1, first cloned in 1990; and CB2, cloned in 1993.  

Why do we have the Endo system if humans don't need it or can't benefit from it? Why is it so intertwined in our nervous system if there is nothing to gain from it? If you believe God created man, how can you ignore the incredibly intricate system he placed within us? It's not like it's just a gene; it's an entire fucking system integrated into almost every aspect of who we are. if you believe in evolution, why have we evolved with such a complex system if it's completely unnecessary? Either way, it's there for a reason, profoundly affecting what makes us human.

View Quote

It truly is a mind boggling question isn't it? It's also been used by humans for over 3000 years. A person needs to look to why it was outlawed yet hash bars were still open and very popular among the upper class at the time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Hate to break this to you.  No law has ever stopped someone from getting pot or driving high. The laws just create criminal markets and criminal records.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:16:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: walttx] [#36]
Legalizing weed is not a good thing for society but it being illegal isn’t working out very well either.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't really care if you smoke it, eat it, shoot it, snort it, whatever.

But.....

Wherever I smell weed smoke I should be able to light up a cigarette. Convince me otherwise.

I live in a dry town but it has "medical" marijuana dispensaries. They even have their own "doctor" on site. But I have to go to the next county to get a bottle of wine. That's bullshit.

The cult like following of marijuana is the main driving factor that pisses me off about it. The worship of this plant has always been cringe.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Having been around both I'd rather deal w/ potheads over drunks.  Other than the smell, and with vapes and edibles even that doesn't have to be much of an issue now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By walttx:
Legalizing weed is not a good thing for society but it being illegal isn’t working out very well either.
View Quote

Kinda where I'm at. I voted to legalize here but sometimes regret it. I figured anyone who wanted to smoke it would anyway but that really didn't seem to be the case, especially in the schools. We have had so many edibles and vape carts come out in the last few years I couldn't honestly pin it all on the bill we passed, but use is definitely up around here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Fucking druggies
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By WaylonLemmyJohnny:
ive never been opposed to a drink or few or even a joint on occasion. but i will never understand how people think constantly being fucked up is a good way to go through life. worse yet, to celebrate how drunk or high they got last night/weekend.

i have a woman that works in my office like this. shes a functional drunk. only ever talks about the last party, or the last bar night. never talks about her kids or grandkids unless its about scheduling seeing them around her next bender. she pissed away her family and a marriage because shes a drunk loser. i have no respect for people like this.
View Quote

Dean Vernon Wormer: ... Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Roy
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:
If only there was a way to grow it where it didn't smell like shit when you smoke it.

Only the cheap ditch weed smelled like a skunks ass back then. Now it all seems to smell like shit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By johnh57:
Fucking druggies
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By johnh57:
Fucking druggies
View Quote

Agreed. But I also believe fuckin druggies should be allowed to be fuckin druggies. How is that anyone else's business?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#47]

freedom is scary
View All Quotes

freedom is scary

that's a bullshit stance to take. That's like saying it's OK to fire into a crowd because we have the 2nd Amendment. that's just stupid.

Driving stoned is a serious issue and needs addressed just like driving while drunk
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

that's a bullshit stance to take. That's like saying it's OK to fire into a crowd because we have the 2nd Amendment. that's just stupid.

Driving stoned is a serious issue and needs addressed just like driving while drunk
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

freedom is scary

Firing a gun into a crowd is illegal. That doesn't mean we make it illegal to own guns.

Driving stoned is illegal. But that means we make it illegal to get stoned??
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

That's complete bullshit, just because you know a handful of people that you think are stoned 24-7 doesn't mean all are the same.

In fact everyone I know that uses it only does it in the evening or once in a while, but lets group everyone together like liberals do with guns.

I bet nobody ever goes out for a beer or a drink at lunch, no that would never happen.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By STL_Nik:

You don't need pot to do that. Cell phones have made people into zombies.

I use pot, but I'm a bit of a fuddy pot user. I have autism and pot allows me to function in social environments. Pot allows me to be less rigid and not lose my shit when life happens. Pot allows me to sleep more than 15 minutes a night.

I don't support the use of pot by kids or in public places. People who smoke and drive should 100% get DUI's.  Anybody against pot while being pro alcohol is a complete idiot.
View Quote

I'm glad you found something that helps you and is natural.

I used it for tremors when they get really bad, I can't even type because of the shaking, but CBD with a very small amount of THC slows it down quite a bit, but now we live in Idaho and it's a felony to have, so another win for conservatives lol, our side doesn't love freedom any more than liberals, we just want our own form of freedom. Look at all the people yelling at the clouds over this for example.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top