User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 4/21/2024 9:18:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leadnbrass]
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:15:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scopedope] [#1]
Plessy v Ferguson was the law of land at one point in time. Separate but equal.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
follow the stats wherever they lead
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer to associate with people of a similar cultural/socio economic and political background.

I don’t care what race my neighbor is if he is a God fearing person who believes in family, community and liberty.

Or at least isn’t an asshole.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a young, black, single male neighbor who lives on one side of me and an older, white married couple who live on the other. One neighbor flys an American flag everyday and often has a Trump flag under it or a Trump sign in the yard. The other neighbor had a Biden sign in the yard for a couple of weeks before the last election.

They are both great neighbors and I have had nothing but positive interactions with both. Anyone want to guess which is which?

BTW, only one of them has ever played music loud enough I could hear it from my yard. Any guess as to which that was?

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Primecube:
I love these threads to watch the Anti-racist/Social Justice tap dance.
View Quote

some wild imaginations and interesting views of history to fit a particular brand of MLKconservatism
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to live in a really homogenous country so I don't have to listen to people talk about race.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#7]
NO
What is wrong are others trying to tell you how to live.

They don't like Christain values pushed on them and i don't like them pushing their views on me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#8]
No, civilizations have been largely homogenous for thousands of years.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
I wouldn't say race but more about wanting to live around people in the same income and education levels culture regardless of skin color.

Feel both of those are much more of a significant factor than just mere race.
View Quote

Fixed. I don’t care about your income or your education, or for that matter your race, as long as culturally we are on the same page.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By leadnbrass:
Thoughts?
View Quote

Mohammed Ali spoke favorably of birds of a feather praxis.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't say race but more about wanting to live around people in the same income and education levels, regardless of skin color.

View Quote

i would answer this kind of the same way, but I would say wanting to live around people with the same value system as you.

Now as it turns out, race is a fairly good way to make a guess without any other data. But i know a lot of blacks I would be so happy to have as friends and neighbors, and lot of whites that I would like to be as far from as possible.

But without interviewing the planet, it's a pretty safe bet to stay without certain racial,economic and value boundaries to minimize the drama.

bonus: blacks appear to mostly completely hate whites, so maybe I'd be doing them a favor too....
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Why is this even a question? Who’s opinion matters to you that it affects if you choose to live in an area with demographics that match yours?

Why do you care what others think about who you choose to live near?

Are you going to print up tshirts and broadcast your feelings on the topic?  Announce it on social media? Make this preference a big part of your personality?  Are you doing it for attention or to be edgy?

Then just do it and don’t worry about what anyone thinks about it.

The problem is that people feel that they need to broadcast their intentions and opinions on everything. Stfu and just do what you feel is right. Doing this doesn’t require you running your mouth about it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#13]
Ask the white people in Haiti 1804

The Haitians even genocided the ones that helped them kick the French out I bet if you could bring them back and ask them today they'd have wished they left with the French.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Voland:

Do they put out? I'm overdue for a visit...
View Quote

Don’t know. I don’t interact with them. The local girls however…….
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#15]
This is the way I see it.

I want to live where people allow me to live my life without attacking me for my appearance.   I do the same without question.

If a distinct group of people can't extend the same courtesy to me I'd rather not have to scrutinize the differences in individuals all the fucking time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Klaatu_barada_nikto:

Trouble with the women of the Caucasian persuasion in Thailand is they think they're better than the locals, male or female.

And I prefer to associate with myself.
View Quote

I far and away prefer to associate with the locals. Though there is a select few Americans and Europeans I meet up with now and then.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't say race but more about wanting to live around people in the same income and education levels, regardless of skin color.

View Quote

You nailed it. I live in a mixed race neighborhood. W/B/H. We are all college graduates, conservative, upper middle class.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:59:50 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I would rather live among people with shared cultural values, work ethic, political views, etc regardless of income, education, skin color, ethnicity, etc.

I have seen some HUGE cultural disparities among people of similar income and education levels. Look at how many people identify as something other than just a plain American. Race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality…
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:
I want to live in a really homogenous country so I don't have to listen to people talk about race.
View Quote

冗談でしょう?勘弁してくれ!
Japan is one of the most homogenous countries on earth and they talk bad about Chinese and Koreans all the time. Mostly because a lot (not all, but enough) of these immigrants try to behave like they are still in their own country.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

It’s definitely interesting how many people keep quoting and agreeing with a big time neo-liberal.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 20229mm:
5 years ago I would say “stormfront is that way”

Today?   I don’t have a comment.
View Quote

Fuck man, we’re on the same wavelength here unfortunately

It’s fucking sad and I hate it, but there it is.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I want to live amongst people that share my values, don't care about race.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Exactly.

Having hard-working, honest black neighbors wouldn't bother me in the slightest but having hoodrat neighbors would.

Other people might not feel that way but that's alright, too.
View Quote

I'd prefer hard working honest black neighbors to white trash shitbags any day.

It's just melanin, until you consider the cultural aspect.  Lots of shit people of all colors out there, try to surround yourself with quality people regardless of the color of their skin.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:
I dislike vetbros
View Quote

Same here!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:08:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#25]
For those saying race is a good indicator of political values.  I'd bet money every time on a Hispanic male in the Phoenix area being the right winger vs the white female.   I'd beat the house on that betting strategy but y'all still gonna marry these libtard women and validate their worth.  Color isn't an indicator of a damn thing in some areas.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By W202fan90:
If it's "wrong", then I guess >1/3 of the world's countries are "wrong".
View Quote

I wonder which ones those are , lol .
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Actually, it's very natural but progressives will say it's because you hate people of another race. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mah_lee:

some wild imaginations and interesting views of history to fit a particular brand of MLKconservatism
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

We are fucking doomed . Reading through this shit  is like reading The Bitch Ass Digest .
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:18:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By leadnbrass:
Thoughts?
View Quote

Who wants to live amongst people?  Buy a large chunk of land and keep the peeps far away.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Freedom of choice covers it all.

I have personally preferred white or Hispanic neighborhoods.
I have not and will never socialize with, do business with, work for or hire certain groups of people. Not race related, but ideology and religion related. There's nothing wrong with that, in fact it's the only right thing to do.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Because I honestly don’t know and am genuinely curious, are there any examples of formerly predominantly white communities becoming more conservative as they became more diverse?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
Only if you're white.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 20229mm:
5 years ago I would say “stormfront is that way”

Today?   I don’t have a comment.
View Quote

Bless your NPC heart.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:29:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#34]
Lolz.  Difficult topic but I’m a good candidate to answer it, so here goes:

I grew up a poor white boy.  The shit we were into, I still can’t post, because statute of limitations, etc.    

I’d be very happy to live amongst good people.   Asians, Jews and other white people, Hispanics, and black folk, If, they were middle class / upper middle class, and had Morality.    

I don’t want to be robbed, and I don’t want to be forced to kill anyone.  

Pretty simple, really.  

I wish it were as simple as “Race”. But the truth is, there’s a lot of evil White people too. With Zero morality.  I see them literally every day.  
No sense in denying it.  Extraordinarily evil white guys.  So, what does that leave us?

It’s a more complex world today; much worse than the world I grew up in.       So many angry losers, so many sociopaths.

Trust nobody.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:38:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#35]

View All Quotes

You mean MLK the guy who was involved with collectivists, MLK the non-christian, who is responsible at least in part for us doing the wrong of getting rid of freedom of association in order to fix the wrong of segregation by law? When those tapes come out of the archive there's going to be a lot of changing attitudes, I think.

Which said "conservatism" destroyed what was left of the 2nd generation of "constitution" (I just mean how we actually functiond. 1st gen founders to cw, 2nd c2 to civ rights movement).  What came after is what the entire sexual anarchy movement glommed onto and you see where that's got us now.

Yes, believing that skin color, face shape, hair differences, who your mom and dad are, or the dirt you were born on are determinitiave fate that cause your intelligence, behavior, and thinking is stupid and wrong. The old genuine article racism, which the left have tried to weaponize by applying to everything BUT racism.

Go ahead (either one of you in the quotes here) and explain how pointing out that these stupid hatreds and likes based on incoherent are wrong is a "SJW tapdance" and "wild imagination."
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:38:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By NoFnNamesLeft:
I think the term you're looking for is "social values".

It's not wrong to want to live among those with the same social values.

However that works out racially is irrelevant.  

View Quote
This is correct. However, I would rather not live around anyone.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:58:36 AM EDT
[#37]
We are evolutionarily wired to be distrustful of people who do not look like ourselves.

Purely a survival issue.  Strange looking people would obviously not be a part of your cl  as n and were as such a threat to your food supply or even survival.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:03:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Muhammad Ali - Racial Integration
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

Yes, believing that skin color, face shape, hair differences, who your mom and dad are, or the dirt you were born on are determinitiave fate that cause your intelligence, behavior, and thinking is stupid and wrong. The old genuine article racism, which the left have tried to weaponize by applying to everything BUT racism.

Go ahead (either one of you in the quotes here) and explain how pointing out that these stupid hatreds and likes based on incoherent are wrong is a "SJW tapdance" and "wild imagination."
View Quote

You did a pretty good job with the imagination just there,
based on my one sentence fragment

Anyway, out of what you posted, one thing I pick out is "who your mom and dad are" is absolutely determinative of who you are. Genetically, culturally, socially, etc. Of course you always have regressions to the mean and a ton of other factors, but I think thescience pretty resoundingly supports parental genetics as the largest factor wrt intelligence and behavior

Kind of weird to even include it in the rest of your spiel, which most normal people can get on board with because they know a smart guy from kenya, a russian who smiles, a irishman who doesn't beat his wife, etc

There's a nuanced conversation that some eggheads try to have. They get drowned out by libs, but at least there is something substantive. Blankslate conservatives just do what libs used to do and get ROCKED and called nazis, even while they're calling charles murray or whoever a nazi
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Anyway, out of what you posted, one thing I pick out is "who your mom and dad are" is absolutely determinative of who you are. Genetically, culturally, socially, etc. Of course you always have regressions to the mean and a ton of other factors, but I think thescience pretty resoundingly supports parental genetics as the largest factor wrt intelligence and behavior

Kind of weird to even include it in the rest of your spiel, which most normal people can get on board with because they know a smart guy from kenya, a russian who smiles, a irishman who doesn't beat his wife, etc

There's a nuanced conversation that some eggheads try to have. They get drowned out by libs, but at least there is something substantive. Blankslate conservatives just do what libs used to do and get ROCKED and called nazis, even while they're calling charles murray or whoever a nazi
View All Quotes

Interesting that you clipped the part about mlk convservatism out when that's what you posted about. Certainly makes things easier for you.

So if your parents are criminals, and you are never around them, you will have their culture, have their society, etc.

Genetics: "genetics cause" ... to which I ask "How?" and "if you personally don't know, who does? Got link?"  People wave that word around the same way that people treat guns like a magic wand that fixes everything.

You are basically saying that you are doomed to behave as your parents do. Effectively mechanistic fate.

I don't believe we are a blank slate. I also don't believe genetics is fate, that determines behavior.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:24:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JohnfromHR:

Is it  true Russian and  Ukrainian women are really hard and coldhearted and only interested in money or is that an Internet myth
View Quote

lol myth. Some yes, but that’s par for the course with any women.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:28:09 AM EDT
[#42]
It's got very little to do with race.

It has everything to do with values and culture.

White trash culture?
Not a fucking chance.

Thug culture?
Nope nope nope.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:29:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mah_lee] [#43]

Interesting that you clipped the part about mlk convservatism out when that's what you posted about. Certainly makes things easier for you.

So if your parents are criminals, and you are never around them, you will have their culture, have their society, etc.

Genetics: "genetics cause" ... to which I ask "How?" and "if you personally don't know, who does? Got link?"  People wave that word around the same way that people treat guns like a magic wand that fixes everything.

You are basically saying that you are doomed to behave as your parents do. Effectively mechanistic fate.

I don't believe we are a blank slate. I also don't believe genetics is fate, that determines behavior.

View Quote

Mlkconservatism was just my made up shorthand for blankslaters or anyone who does somersaults around racial issues, who like low taxes, radical individualism, or whatever and identify as republican. It's not some debate jousting, i'm more about interesting thoughts that fit the world, not some fresh coat of paint stale ideology that gets buttfucked by random people on the internet and is laughable as a way forward politically

Genetics aren't fate, that is pretty obvious, but they are easily half of what makes you, you.
I'm not going to link all the genetic stuff. It's out there. Any link i supply would just be picked at and lawgic'd until you felt satisfied that the embers were out and you could go on believing james lindsay bullshit
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:30:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
Ask the white people in Haiti 1804

The Haitians even genocided the ones that helped them kick the French out I bet if you could bring them back and ask them today they'd have wished they left with the French.
View Quote

They kept the white women alive to rape. You can see the result in PAP. Dey wants da gibs and dey wants de white womenz.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#45]
I like riding in the front of the plane.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:42:31 AM EDT
[#46]
It's what people do.  It's what all people of all races, all cultures, all creeds, do.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Genetics plays a HUUUUGGE role in who you are. You might beat genetics but it's a HUGE factor in outcome.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:47:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#48]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
Only if you're white.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:49:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thrasymachus] [#50]
I can't imagine how fucking stupid someone must be to judge another person purely upon exterior characteristics.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top