Today?   I don’t have a comment.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Only if you're white.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't say race but more about wanting to live around people in the same income and education levels, regardless of skin color.

Feel both of those are much more of a significant factor than just mere race.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the term you’re looking for is “social values”.

It’s not wrong to want to live among those with the same social values.

However that works out racially is irrelevant.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
I wouldn't say race but more about wanting to live around people in the same income and education levels, regardless of skin color.

View Quote
Well educated, wealthy people's children will break into your car and steal for crack money.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Not wrong. Preferred.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Diversity is enforced only in White countries.  All of them.   That's a slow form of genocide.  My $.02.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Ibtl
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Only if you are blind to the obvious. That being said, I live in Thailand, an area known as Jomtien. I refer to it as Jomtienograd as it seems to be filled with fucking Russians and Ukrainians. Some of the woman are very attractive however if you're into healthy looking white chicks.
 I avoid interaction as I strongly prefer to associate with the locals.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Ignore list getting longer with this thread.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By usmcdean:
Only if you are blind to the obvious. That being said, I live in Thailand, an area known as Jomtien. I refer to it as Jomtienograd as it seems to be filled with fucking Russians and Ukrainians. Some of the woman are very attractive however if you're into healthy looking white chicks.
 I avoid interaction as I strongly prefer to associate with the locals.
View Quote

Is it  true Russian and  Ukrainian women are really hard and coldhearted and only interested in money or is that an Internet myth
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:30:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#14]
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
Only if you're white.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

I would prefer to live only around orientals and whites, it’s more of a culture thing to be honest.

But, wealthy white kids do break into homes and vehicles, even in the neighborhoods where the homes cost tens of millions.
I have know more dirt bag criminal white people than people of any other color/race during my lifetime. Every person I onow who has stolen, committed a violent crime, or od’d was white… and I know plenty of other races.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hatidua] [#15]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Is it racist if a white person only wants to live around other white people?

Is it racist if a black person only wants to live around white people?

Is it wrong?

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Sure did get a couple of the usual suspects in here fast.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tripleshok:
Diversity is enforced only in White countries.  All of them.   That's a slow form of genocide.  My $.02.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#19]
No. Self segregation has been the norm for almost the entirety of recorded history.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Freedom of assembly and association works in both directions. Can’t tell you who you can’t hang out with, and can’t force you TO hang out with those you don’t want to either.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
Only if you're white.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:35:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blue2golf] [#22]
Originally Posted By NoFnNamesLeft:
I think the term you’re looking for is “social values”.

It’s not wrong to want to live among those with the same social values.

However that works out racially is irrelevant.  

View Quote

Yup.  Local example:  Black firefighter on the corner is one helluva guy.  Black punk down the street brings too much hood rat to the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tripleshok:
View Quote
That's not entirely true, I'm watching it get pushed in Japan at breakneck speeds now. There's some backlash to it, but not as much as there should be.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:36:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Heatnbeat] [#24]
Wanting to live amongst those of the same race as you is in no-way racist. That word has been misused so much that is pretty much meaningless.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I think likely part of the human condition, just look around the world.

I've known nothing but life in the United States, but what we've got here is unique and IMO somewhat unnatural, and as we've witnessed a condition that is easily manipulated by those who would sow chaos in service to their nefarious agendas.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I dislike vetbros
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#27]
No, but I do enjoy the company of those from Taiwan as well. I used to date a black woman, she only dates white guys, for reasons…
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Same economic level for sure and that has benefits that may or may not include cultural similarities.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By byron2112:
I think likely part of the human condition, just look around the world.

I've known nothing but life in the United States, but what we've got here is unique and IMO somewhat unnatural, and as we've witnessed a condition that is easily manipulated by those who would sow chaos in service to their nefarious agendas.
View Quote
You don't have to look around the world. White flight is a thing that happened. Sure there are mixed neighborhoods, but there are probably many more that are predominantly occupied by a single race. Unless you advocate for forced population redistribution,  it's hard to argue that it's wrong.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JohnfromHR:

Is it  true Russian and  Ukrainian women are really hard and coldhearted and only interested in money or is that an Internet myth
View Quote

I have never, and I mean not fucking once seen a single one of them with a smile on their face. As far as the money? Don't know. I have no interest in interacting.
 I will say this however (comma) the blonde Russian girl in the condo next to mine is the hottest white girl I have ever seen in real life. She doesn't even look real. Being her neighbor, I see her often. She always looks miserable. Probably someones sugar baby.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Integration had to be forced at the point of a gun.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Not wrong but even if it was, you used to be able to want what you want, and not get cancelled for it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Ethically wrong?  To want something or make your own choice?  Nope.

Forcing those outcomes with government would be, tho.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#34]
Originally Posted By leadnbrass:
Thoughts?
View Quote

Race? I don't care.

There's exactly one human race.

If anything, I tend to prefer to live with some of the other races on this planet. Cats and dogs and some of the domestics are pretty cool.

Humans - sometimes I don't even wanna live with myself.

--------------------------

Culture? ... Yeah, you gotta watch out for what people do based off of what they think.

Honor culture gets people shot at block parties and makes for feral white-as-snow kids like you see in england (who are just as bad as the thugs at the block parties) and will get you dead for no good reason anywhere, no matter what the visual looks of the people are around you, what magic dirt you're on, or who the person in question's daddy or mommy is ... or how smart they are or aren't for that matter.

If you told me I could have thomas, clarence and larry for neighbors, I'd jump at the chance. (Even though I probably couldn't afford the rents, the mortgage, or the property taxes )

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#35]
There's a whole lot of depends in that question. I'd much rather live in a diverse neighborhood of similar socioeconomic class than live in a neighborhood populated by white trash methbillys.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Good grief at the mental gymnastics. No its not wrong .
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:
View Quote

You misspelled segregation.   Segregation was enforced at gunpoint.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:47:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#38]
It's wrong to impede other people from living how they want to live.

However if you're going to limit yourself to those with the same skin color you're going to miss out.  

Plenty of good Americans with various degrees of melanin.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I would guess you are confusing race and culture.  

Id love to see some of the White supremacists have to live with blond haired blue eyed Chechan's on one side and red haired, green eyed Afghanis on the other.  

Then, if they didn't lose their head, hear their thoughts on race vs culture.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#40]

No its not wrong.

Birds of the same feather, will flock together. But that's my preference, and I won't judge someone who is X race that wants to live among Y race. I don't care. But don't judge me for wanting to live amongst my own.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Freedom of association is exactly that. If you disagree,  then you are the racist.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

This.

For people ignorant of history, maybe figure out why there's so many people around who were called mulatto.

Doesn't seem very segregation-ey.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:50:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnfromHR] [#43]

I have never, and I mean not fucking once seen a single one of them with a smile on their face. As far as the money? Don't know. I have no interest in interacting.
 I will say this however (comma) the blonde Russian girl in the condo next to mine is the hottest white girl I have ever seen in real life. She doesn't even look real. Being her neighbor, I see her often. She always looks miserable. Probably someones sugar baby.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnfromHR:

Thanks for the response. Some  of these women are strikingly beautiful I also find it amusing how they are often overdressed for the situation. They go to a shitty restaurant in a super tight dress and heels. but I have heard such negative things about how hard-core these women can be so they always seem scary to me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
So was integration. He's factually correct.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

View Quote
I agree with this and it is my reality. I really don't mind about race, never did (56 y/o here). For my entire life.
HOWEVER I couldn't live nearby with people with "different cultures".

It gets intense soon and it's useless. It brings nothing to the table.

In short, the diversity we were sold was a fucking lie. Different cultures are often not compatible and it's a lie that we should try to tolerate each other - it just doesn't work.

We don't build any synergy - only similar cultures thrive together.

Again, nothing to do with race - but everything culture, social and intellectual status.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:52:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#46]
Absolutely not... unless you're white.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#47]
It is human nature.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:53:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#48]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#49]
Originally Posted By zombievt:
There's a whole lot of depends in that question. I'd much rather live in a diverse neighborhood of similar socioeconomic class than live in a neighborhood populated by white trash methbillys.
View Quote

Exactly.

Having hard-working, honest black neighbors wouldn't bother me in the slightest but having hoodrat neighbors would.

Other people might not feel that way but that's alright, too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By leadnbrass:
Thoughts?
View Quote
No. Similar cultures stick together. Everyone calls NYC a melting pot but neighborhoods are made up of the same people. Go 3 blocks this way and it's predominantly a different demo. Etc.

Cultures work better when they stick to themselves for day in day out bs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top