Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 7:13:35 AM EDT
Just downloaded Mandrake 10.0 Iso's, burned the CD's, and all appeared to be ok.  Trying to get them to boot in two different Compaq machines, and they will not boot.  Tried both Disk 1, and Disk two, as the Mandrake site recommended.

Downloaded Iso 1 again,  same result.

Anybody got a recommendation on what I should try next?

Thanks,

Michael
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#2]
No OS found.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, set to boot to CD first, it's like the CD isn't recognized as bootable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
When you burned the disks did you simply copy the .iso images or did you burn them as as images creating a file structure you can browse on the disk?  If all you did was to copy the images and you only have a single file on those disks that is your problem.  Make sure you finalize the disk when you burn it also.  

I'm a long term Mandrake user and haven't had any such issue on my end.  As a matter of fact I don't even have Windows loaded on my own desktop.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Just copied the images, not sure what else I should have done, that's the way I've burned other images, and they've worked?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the drive fat32, you may need to do LBA in the BIOS  Mandrake 10 has a few install bugs as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
What burner software are you using?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The latest version of Easy Cd creator from Roxio
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
From the menu, click on File.
Select Create CD From Disc Image from the drop down menu.
On the CD creation Setup window, click the Advanced Button, then choose Disk at Once. If you use Track at once, you'll get an unusable CD.
From the File Selection window, change File Type to ISO Image Files.
Double click on the .iso file to be burned.
Click on the Burn CD icon on the File Menu.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#11]
On your other comp's burining rom software, look for the option to "Burn Image". You don't want to "copy", but make a "duplicate original" of the ISO.

Have no fear young Jedi, you too will be runnin' your nix box soon and Bill Gates HATES that thought!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top