Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 8:18:34 AM EDT
Had a sheriffs deputy approach me at a local gravel pit yesterday. seems someone was complaining about all the automatic weapons firing. he was very polite and came up and asked me if i knew who the one with the full-auto weapon was(i had 2 newbies with me, and we were the only ones there) i told him we had no FA weapons, and no one else had been to the pit in a couple hours since we had been there.

"the reason i ask is that a fellow who claims to be a firearms enthusiast came up to me and said there is somebody up here ripping off 30 round magazines one after another"

i kind of got a grin on my face and said "yes sir, that was us. but we have no FA here" then i explained to him what bump firing was. he asked if he could look at my AR, but said he wouldn't open it. i told him to go ahead and open it if he wants to, nothing illegal in it. then he asked point blank "you haven't done any illegal mods to this have you?" i told him no, and once again told him he can open it to check if he wanted to. he declined.

he handed the AR back to me. i asked if he'd like to see me bump it. he said sure. i loaded a mag, he plugged his ears, and i ripped through that mag fast!! i turn around after i was done, and he has a huge grin on his face. "i've been dealing with ARs and M-16s for 20 years and i've never seen anybody do that. pretty neat." i told him that he has no reason to do that since he's got da' switch. he chuckled and told us to have a nice afternoon.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Nicely done.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried bumping from the shoulder this weekend, no go.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Swwweeeeeet!. I would have asked to shoot the one his buddy in the tree line had fixed on me!

CH
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess there's no chance of getting an ID on the nosy pantywaist who called it in.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
And LO, will everyone cry and complain when Sarah Brady and Diane Feinstein  produce a video of bump-firing for purposes of scaring the soccer moms and proving up their "bullet hose" with "more thrust per squeeze" thesis.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

"the reason i ask is that a fellow who claims to be a firearms enthusiast came up to me and said there is somebody up here ripping off 30 round magazines one after another"

So WHAT?#$#?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So WHAT?#$#?

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I still can't find the "bump-fire" switch on my Bushmaster...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#9]
The bump firing beauty!  Good job.  I bump the hell out of my chrome lined barrels.  Sweet sounds of freedom.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So WHAT?#$#?

My thought also.

Yea !? So What !?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So WHAT?#$#?

that's kind of what i thought, but this is washington land of liberals and rain
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#12]
How where you bump firing? From the shoulder or belt loop?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:32:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So WHAT?#$#?

Exactly.

+1 So what if happened to be a legally licensed NFA weapon instead?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I would never let a cop who is investigating me touch one of my rifles.

Pound sand you anti-gun facist.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So WHAT?#$#?

Exactly.

+1 So what if happened to be a legally licensed NFA weapon instead?

No NFA weapons allowed in washington, except suppressors
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I tried bumping from the shoulder this weekend, no go.

need a vertical pistol grip, makes it much easier.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I call BS.

Admit it - the jack booted thug beat you down and made you swear allegiance to da man.

After all, ALL cops are that way.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How where you bump firing? From the shoulder or belt loop?

from the hip using my pocket. i can only get 2-3 shots from my shoulder. you aren't actually holding it to your shoulder are you. you need to hold it away and make sure it never contacts your shoulder during the recoil.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I call BS.

Admit it - the jack booted thug beat you down and made you swear allegiance to da man.

After all, ALL cops are that way.

...then he shot my dog and stepped on my flowers...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So WHAT?#$#?

that's kind of what i thought, but this is washington land of liberals and rain

Only on the west side thank you very much, its nice and sunny on the east side, and not so many liberals too.

Brian
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top