Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 4:50:14 AM EDT
Interesting article here: Stage set for showdown as U.S. Congress returns.

To boil it down, Congress has a plate full of contentious issues to argue about.  And nowhere in the article is an extension of the AWB discussed.

Lookin' good, folks.

C_M
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:57:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Come Sept. 14th, I'm looking forward to NOT having to read any more AWB threads.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Come Sept. 14th, I'm looking forward to NOT having to read any more AWB threads.

and the congregation said?

amen
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

amen

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#5]
With the aWB out of the way it will be harder for them to enact this silly legislation.

I say we go on the offensive and try to repeal some laws.

Hopefully there will be enough pro gun candidates in the congress to do this.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

amen

You guys are fooling yourselves! After September 14, the threads will turn to "If they renew the ban, will I be able to keep all of the stuff I just bought for my post-ban?" and "When will they pass the next ban?" threads.

The ban may go away, but it will never go away from HERE!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

amen

You guys are fooling yourselves! After September 14, the threads will turn to "If they renew the ban, will I be able to keep all of the stuff I just bought for my post-ban?" and "When will they pass the next ban?" threads.

The ban may go away, but it will never go away from HERE!

Sad, but true.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, of course AWB discussion will continue on AR15.com.  First of all, new members come along to AR15.com all the time.  Secondly, Feinstein, Boxer, Schumer, Levin, Lautenberg, and yes, Sens. Kerry and Kennedy, will be proposing new AWBs and even outright bans on all semi-auto rifles and commonly used ammunition in the future.

I read that Kerry voted 9 times to ban semi-auto rifles.  He'll try again, especially with his new stature as "former Presidential candidate" come November.  We also know that he and Kennedy voted to ban most semi-auto rifle ammo during the last AWB push, when the AWB extension amendment passed in the Senate, but went down to defeat when the underlying Bill was voted down.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

bwahahahaahhaa.  i have a feeling we are going to get a TON of new members asking full auto questions after the sunset
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

amen

+1 AMEN! But what will my former pre-ban be worth . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top