Page / 53
Posted: 3/26/2024 3:19:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jinxsters]
Ship hit it allegedly?

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

How does Diddy work into all this? Are you suggesting Diddy didn't do it? And if Diddy didn't do it, what did Diddy do?
View Quote

I am going to ask this guy about Pdiddy at lunch time if I get a chance. I’m sure it’s a doozy of a tell.

Trump the pedo tracker and killer. Lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone found evidence linking this to the Bentley explosion at the US-Canada border a few months ago?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JackRebney:

I would suggest that we don't really know the color of the smoke because it was at night, just that it was smoking.

I will say that my 12v will smoke black if you give it throttle while starting, hot or cold.
View Quote

Very good point on not knowing color.  It could have been white.  Or black.  Or initially white then black.

But my money is on it being the aux engine necessary to start the main
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Key bridge taken out by rubber dogshit from China.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By neshomamench:
In a "Whatever it takes" situation, I can close down an any number of lane highway (in one direction) in less than a minute with a single police car and just me. There are a few methods but the "Traffic Break" is pretty standard.   There are risks, but it works.   Among the problems with a hazard up ahead, are you cant control the people ahead of where you start this procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOjYQTkrdl8

How long it takes me to get there....well, that depends on how far away I am and what is in between me and there.
View Quote

All that makes sense but the time factor is not something that I have seen yet.  Was it one minute or ten minutes?  From the unconfirmed reports...and we all know that initial reports can be wrong...it appears that something happened to stop traffic on the bridge which likely kept the fatality count lower.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MaximusEmanatus:
It's interesting that the members who consider themselves "enlightened" and above conspiracy theories, believe everything democrats tell us about this being an accident, then go on to tell us how the democrats are going to steal the money intended to rebuild the bridge.

Funny stuff.
View Quote

... Also the video of it very clearly looking like an accident.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DirkericPitt:

The cyber thing was about port cranes
View Quote

Congressional probe finds communications gear in Chinese cranes, raising spying concerns

Some Chinese-made cranes used at US ports contain communications equipment with no clear purpose or record of their installation, according to a new congressional investigation that will heighten US concerns that the cranes could be used for surveillance or sabotage.

The investigation by the House Committee on Homeland Security and House select committee on China focused on the more than 200 Chinese-made cranes installed at US ports and related facilities. It comes amid heightened US-China tensions over national security and as the Coast Guard last month ordered the ports to better secure the Chinese-made cranes.

House lawmakers found that the equipment installed on the cranes — cellular modems that can be used for remote communication — were not documented in any contract between US ports and Chinese crane maker ZPMC, a congressional aide familiar with the investigation told CNN. When US port personnel went to China to inspect the cranes, the modems were already installed, the aide said.

The modems were found “on more than one occasion” on the ZPMC cranes, the aide said.

“Our Committees’ investigation found vulnerabilities in cranes at U.S. ports that could allow the CCP [Chinese Communist Party] to not only undercut trade competitors through espionage, but disrupt supply chains and the movement of cargo, devastating our nation’s economy,” Rep. Mark Green, the Republican chair of the House Homeland Security Committee, said in a statement to CNN.

Link
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:

All that makes sense but the time factor is not something that I have seen yet.  Was it one minute or ten minutes?  From the unconfirmed reports...and we all know that initial reports can be wrong...it appears that something happened to stop traffic on the bridge which likely kept the fatality count lower.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
In a "Whatever it takes" situation, I can close down an any number of lane highway (in one direction) in less than a minute with a single police car and just me. There are a few methods but the "Traffic Break" is pretty standard.   There are risks, but it works.   Among the problems with a hazard up ahead, are you cant control the people ahead of where you start this procedure.

How long it takes me to get there....well, that depends on how far away I am and what is in between me and there.

Local news reported 90 seconds is all the time they had to close the bridge. No idea if that is accurate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#9]
so Biden says US Govt will pay for 100% of the bridge rebuilding costs.

can you imagine all the DEI clauses that will be built into the contract?  it's gonna be DEI and Sierra Club out the wazoo!  up the ying yang.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#10]
We have a dozen or so professional mariners that have posted in this thread that power losses like this are common.

We have video that shows the ship experiencing two power failures before the impact.

The ship in question is a decade old, and it's maintained and operated by a small crew of Indians.

And yet, Arfcom GD:

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

Hmmm... bit of an ass aren't you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BourbonBeast:
Please explain to me how official institutions and the main stream media fabricated the video evidence of this collision and the emergency calls made by the crew, along with the actions they took to try and stop the ship.

Root cause analysis usually involves exploring ALL possibilities... while the most likely MAY be correct, if you don't look for the anomalies your analysis fails.

Well, as long as we are examining all possibilities and treating them all as equally likely despite the evidence at hand, I think you’d better get started on figuring out if aliens used a tractor beam to pull the ship into the bridge since the metal bars of the bridge were interfering with the 5G signals they’re using to control our minds.

Hmmm... bit of an ass aren't you.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Dali's black box contents will be published today, NTSB chair says, which could help answer why ship crashed into Baltimore's Key Bridge and caused it to collapse

The reason a Dali cargo ship crashed into Baltimore's Key Bridge and caused a catastrophic collapse may be revealed later today.

Officials say they have recovered the doomed freight's black box from the wreckage, as National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Chair Jennifer Homendy said it might provide answers.

'From the data, we hope to develop a timeline of events that led up to the striking of the bridge,' she told CBS Good Morning. 'We hope to have that later today.'

Homendy said the black box may be the key to understanding the accident, which had bewildered experts and led to slew of conspiracy theories online.

'(The data) will provide us with a number of parameters, everything from location to positioning of the ship to speed, you name it,' she said.

'We'll pull that together to make sure we have a very accurate timeline of what occurred. We'll be able to see any sort of power loss, and will be able to report that later today.'

Officials were quick to rule out the catastrophe as intentional or an act of terrorism, and an early Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) report found the container ship 'lost propulsion' as it was leaving port.

'The vessel notified MD Department of Transportation (MDOT) that they had lost control of the vessel and an allision with the bridge was possible,' the report said. 'The vessel struck the bridge causing a complete collapse.'

Horrifying footage captured the moment the ship careened into the bridge's support beam, resulting in the huge structure crumbling into the Patapsco River within a matter of seconds.

Observers were quick to note that the ship's exterior lights went out twice in the moments before impact, suggesting the vessel may have suffered some form of mechanical failure.

Homendy was questioned over this possibility on Wednesday morning, as she also dismissed reports that officials were looking into contaminated fuel as a culprit.

'We've heard the reports, but that's way too early for us, we have a lot of information we are gathering,' she said. 'We'll certainly look at that as part of our investigation.'

Questions have swirled since the catastrophe as to how the ship was allowed to cause such an accident, and why the bridge collapsed as easily as it appeared to.

Homendy noted that the NTSB will work to provide recommendations as to how to avoid a similar incident happening again in the future.

'That's exactly what our highway team will look at,' she said, as they will probe questions including: 'What work was being done on the bridge?'

Hours after the bridge's collapse, it emerged that the cargo ship was being piloted by a specialized crew trained to avoid obstacles at ports.

When asked why the pilots didn't navigate the ship until it was clear in open waters, Homendy said that it would be taken into account in the NTSB assessment as she vowed to 'look at everything.'

'We will conduct a very thorough, comprehensive, holistic investigation, everything from maintenance to even fire rescue operations,' she said, adding that protocols for bodies such as the US Coast Guard will also come under scrutiny.

'Our sole goal here on scene is to collect the perishable evidence and identify person who we will want to interview as part of our investigation.'

Officials have repeatedly said rebuilding the bridge - which was used by over 30,000 vehicles every day - will take hundreds of millions of dollars and take a significant amount of time.

As the ship falls under federal scrutiny, a CNN review of records from the Electronic Quality Shipping Information System (Equasis) found it had previously been found to be faulty by inspectors.

The Dali container ship had undergone 27 inspections since 2015, and it had been found to have two 'deficiencies.'

Notably, this included a June 2023 inspection in San Antonio, Chile, where a deficiency was found in the 'propulsion and auxiliary machinery' - with propulsion faults also noted in the early CISA report.

The Dali was also involved in a 2016 incident at the Port of Antwerp. A review in November of that year in Antwerp, Belgium found another 'deficiency' in its 'structural conditions.'

No deficiencies were found when the vessel was last inspected on September 9, 2023 by the US Coast Guard in New York.

Link

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:
We have a dozen or so professional mariners that have posted in this thread that power losses like this are common.

We have video that shows the ship experiencing two power failures before the impact.

The ship in question is a decade old, and it's maintained and operated by a small crew of Indians.

And yet, Arfcom GD:

https://gifdb.com/images/high/non-stop-reeee-keyboard-click-crpiepgmtggpwx8l.gif
View Quote
Lol its nice of them to put what ARFCOM is becoming on full display
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Sparky:
Is it possible this was just a tragic accident?
View Quote

Could it be?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
There is no access control there. No gates. No tolls.
There are some of those big highway overhead LED signs as you approach. Could get a big "BRIDGE CLOSED" message up
there very quickly.
There is also a Highway Dept. depot just on the north end of the bridge. Some Troopers could have been there and moved to block traffic?

However, you can clearly see traffic going over the bridge, including a number of trucks and then two cars just moments before the collapse.
If they did stop traffic, it was with about 15 seconds to spare.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Originally Posted By Blue_Monkey:
If not already posted it will be interesting to see the timeline of the distress call from the ship, who received it and when the people at the ends of the bridge were notified so that they could stop traffic from crossing the bridge.  Is that a toll bridge because I have been on some long bridges and don't recall seeing anyone who could have stopped traffic.

Maybe it was police who stopped traffic but even at that, unless the distress call was well in advance of the collision, someone acted very quickly.

I'd like to know the same thing. Closing down a highway isn't quick unless you already have people in place.
There is no access control there. No gates. No tolls.
There are some of those big highway overhead LED signs as you approach. Could get a big "BRIDGE CLOSED" message up
there very quickly.
There is also a Highway Dept. depot just on the north end of the bridge. Some Troopers could have been there and moved to block traffic?

However, you can clearly see traffic going over the bridge, including a number of trucks and then two cars just moments before the collapse.
If they did stop traffic, it was with about 15 seconds to spare.
There are always cops in that area and like you said, the MTA has an office and an inspection station there. If anyone listens to the scanner audio that was posted, they did stop traffic within about 20 seconds of the collapse.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ClassicLugeMick:
Too bad ARFCOM wasn't around when the Titanic sank.

"Steel is stronger than ice."
"Don't you think its a coincidence JP Morgan owns it?"
"Obviously a false flag event by the dirigible and airship companies."
"If the ship had watertight doors, how did it sink?"
"I bet someone doctored the charts to lead them into the iceberg."
View Quote

Holy shit I think this guy's onto something here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Please explain to me how official institutions and the main stream media fabricated the video evidence of this collision and the emergency calls made by the crew, along with the actions they took to try and stop the ship.
View All Quotes

They didn't fabricate any of that stuff.

The captain turns off the lights using a light switch
He radios that they have lost power
He steers the ship towards the bridge
They fire up the emergency generator so the boomer with a computer crew will see the magic smoke on video
He knows that everything this ship does is tracked, so when he knows that it is too late to actually change course, he turns the lights on and steers the ship away from the bridge.  
The collision will still happen, but it looks like he was trying to avoid it.

Which part of that do you think is impossible?  Or even difficult?
Do you think that getting the entire crew in on it would be impossible?  Every navy in history has figured out how to get a group of people onto a ship that all want to accomplish the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:19:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#18]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Failure analysis is one of the coolest things I've ever dabbled in. You're spot on, it's always something that seemed tiny and meaningless at first. Then it snowballed and next thing you know a half-mile of bridge is in the water.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

Swiss cheese model.

It'll be a $5 part that broke that if not for all the other events would have been insignificant.

I love accident investigations.  Shoulda worked for the NTSB

Failure analysis is one of the coolest things I've ever dabbled in. You're spot on, it's always something that seemed tiny and meaningless at first. Then it snowballed and next thing you know a half-mile of bridge is in the water.

I do it about 2-5 times a year at work to figure out why products failed.  Hell, attempting to replicate the failure is the most fun part.  There's always a duh moment which leads to the smoking gun; it just might take days/weeks/months to get there.  It's a puzzle and I'm damn good at it.  You have to keep your emotions and gut in check.  I work with some really intelligent well experienced guys, but sometimes it takes a tard like me to say "hey, you guys have this panel removed so you can try to figure this out...it failed with the panel on....maybe you should put the panel back on" and BOOM fail.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:19:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#19]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Local news reported 90 seconds is all the time they had to close the bridge. No idea if that is accurate.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Wow.  That’s not much time at all.

I was wondering how much time the road crew had, to realize something wasn’t right.

At ~8 knots/9 mph, that was really a giant wreck in slow-mo.

Did the road crew have time to go, “WTF is up with that ship? Lights are off… looks like it’s headed right for that support…”

Did someone on the crew go, “Whatever, guys. Break’s over, get back to work. We need to get this shit done…”?

Realistically;
- 985’ long ship. Almost 330 yards in length. I’d think by the time an object that size is 500 yards out, a person would go, “Uhhh… guys… that thing is headed right for the bridge support. I don’t think it has enough time/room to steer away”

- at 8 knots/9 mph, it’s covering 264 yards per minute. That would mean a little under 2 minutes to cover 500 yards.

- At 300 yards from impact (less than the length of the ship), wouldn’t someone on the crew have realized that impact was inevitable? They would still have had 60 seconds to yell, “HEY!!! That ship is going to hit!!! Everyone get in the vans/trucks and GTF off the bridge!!!”
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:21:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#20]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
So have we come to a consensus?

I asked the Q tard at work what he thought about it.

He believes this was the Obama’s however it was collateral damage.

Q and Trump’s team had intel of a 1 kiloton suitcase nuke in one of the containers.

Trump had seal team 6 board the ship but the crew had been tipped off and a gun fight broke out and the captain shot himself in the head with no one left to steer the ship it crashed into the bridge.  

The nuke was recovered. Biden and Obama are furious. But Trump has managed to save the northeast from a massive casualty event again.

I shit you not.
View Quote

Mini suit case nuke?

I heard this story too but I thought the containers were filled with ballots for this year's election.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:

Mini siit case nuke?

I heard this story too but I thought the containers were filled with ballots for this year's election.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
So have we come to a consensus?

I asked the Q tard at work what he thought about it.

He believes this was the Obama’s however it was collateral damage.

Q and Trump’s team had intel of a 1 kiloton suitcase nuke in one of the containers.

Trump had seal team 6 board the ship but the crew had been tipped off and a gun fight broke out and the captain shot himself in the head with no one left to steer the ship it crashed into the bridge.  

The nuke was recovered. Biden and Obama are furious. But Trump has managed to save the northeast from a massive casualty event again.

I shit you not.

Mini siit case nuke?

You never know. Thing is when you ask yourself what the ballots are for when Trump is really the president this whole time and cannot serve a third term. Yet here we are…
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

can you imagine all the DEI clauses that will be built into the contract?  it's gonna be DEI and Sierra Club out the wazoo!  up the ying yang.
View Quote

Now consider that the bridge will actually be built by the low bidder among the pool of socially acceptable candidates.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
Has anyone found evidence linking this to the Bentley explosion at the US-Canada border a few months ago?
View Quote

Just seeing car bombings in pictures and news clips from the last 20 years is enough to tell me it was a bomb

engines do not separate from the frames from car crashes like this

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I have not read every post - but so far I have failed to see a Potato's Razor in action.  We really need to be asking ourselves how the administration will use this crisis to push gun control forward...  Perhaps while they are doing the cleanup they will find a rusty AK in the mud.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

And yet, Arfcom GD:

https://gifdb.com/images/high/non-stop-reeee-keyboard-click-crpiepgmtggpwx8l.gif
View Quote

Just GD doing GD stuff.

GD is like a Pink Floyd LP, in order to be properly appreciated it has to be experienced, felt at a primal level; on acid, naked with a tin foil lined bra on one’s head.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#28]
"The only thing worse than ridiculous conspiracy theorists, is their ridiculous conspiracies" - Ben Franklin, probably
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Just seeing car bombings in pictures and news clips from the last 20 years is enough to tell me it was a bomb

engines do not separate from the frames from car crashes like this

https://i.imgur.com/yhQyg1o.jpeg
View Quote
Except that even a Nissan Altima's motor mounts are designed to drop the motor in a collision. It's better than ending up in your lap.

notsureifserious.jpg
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
Except that even a Nissan Altima's motor mounts are designed to drop the motor in a collision. It's better than ending up in your lap.

notsureifserious.jpg
View Quote

Nah it was a quote from one of the special people in the thread on the event.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Niagara-Falls-USA-Canadian-border-closed-Possible-Car-bombing-/5-2688348/?page=6

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By midmo:

Now consider that the bridge will actually be built by the low bidder among the pool of socially acceptable candidates.
View All Quotes

More than likely, it'll be built by the company that always donates X% to the democratic party.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#33]
People are missing the obvious.  The black smoke is from burning coal.  What type of coal do big ships burn you ask? Nut coal of course!  That is exactly why the front almost fell off.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I never would have imagined that a bridge over a shipping lane wouldn't be designed to sustain a bump from the type of boats that actually use the waterway.

They were essentially playing Russian Roulette with cargo ships.

If direct contact could cause a failure THIS catastrophic they should have considered using Tugs to guide the boats in and out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Dali's black box
View Quote

Pics of Dali's black box not loading....need it for research purposes
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:04:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#36]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

More than likely, it'll be built by the company that always donates X% to the democratic party.
View All Quotes

Oh yea..because democrats are the only party that receive kick backs, are lobbied, and influenced by special interest money lulz

The two party paradigm bull shit is tiresome.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#37]
They are thinking dirty fuel? Probably more like some EPA mandated emissions bs failed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By brass:

I thought there was a $4 toll to cross the bridge?    Is it all EZ Pass or similar system and no more toll booths?

View Quote

No more toll booths, it's all EZ Pass, now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
"The only thing worse than ridiculous conspiracy theorists, is their ridiculous conspiracies" - Ben Franklin, probably
View Quote

Anything which gives us our tragic boating accident is going to draw out the oddballs here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BeRzErKaS:
I never would have imagined that a bridge over a shipping lane wouldn't be designed to sustain a bump from the type of boats that actually use the waterway.

If direct contact could cause a failure THIS catastrophic they should have considered using Tugs to guide the boats in and out.
View Quote

Uh… you should rethink our infrastructure.

This is the least shocking thing.

Bridge is essentially a 60 year old design.

Boat is a 15 year old design.

Bridge was designed for when ships were 40,000 gross tonnes.

New boat is over 140,000 gross tonnes.

Hundreds of thousands of ships passed under that bridge before.  Just, shit happens.

Gonna have an inspector from 811 come out and watch while you dig holes for your garden? Or have a cop ride along with every semi truck?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

The damn thing worked since the 70s...shrug...until it didn't I guess.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

Oh yea..because democrats are the only party that receive kick backs, are lobbied, and influenced by special interest money lulz

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

Not at all. But when the Democratic President brags about paying for the bridge in the Democratic city, you can guarantee it won't go to the company that regularly donates to the Republicans.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

Their semi trailers are pretty damn nice.

Construction equipment works, but definitely isn't top tier.  I know guys who buy them for demo work because they're just disposable to them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By diesel1:
Hyundai just settled a lawsuit for Hyundai and Kia engines  we see these threads all the time bitching about Hyundais and Kia's

So you're expecting a Hyundai made boat to be reliable??

(This is a joke)

Gotta wonder though. They make a lot of stuff from semi-trailers to construction equipment.

Their semi trailers are pretty damn nice.

Construction equipment works, but definitely isn't top tier.  I know guys who buy them for demo work because they're just disposable to them.

My first ship, an Atlantic class container ship with SeaLand, was built in SK by Hyundai. It was pretty nice.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Chief Makoi

I wonder what the good Chief is thinking about this mess.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
View Quote

More importantly, has anybody found evidence directly NOT linking the two?

I thought not.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:26:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#46]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#48]

How much is it to add dolphins to an existing bridge?   I guess their lack is where I see the flaw, when ships got big enough to take it out they should havee been added, especially with the other collapses from ship collisions.   Always cheping it out but I suppose they barely kept the potholes off the deck, let alone upgrading the bridge since "it's working fine".

The new one should have plenty around it.  

The other topic on casualties, the 6 lost, 2 rescued, were the other 12 on the ship when a bridge fell on them bringing total to 20?

View All Quotes

Uh… you should rethink our infrastructure.

This is the least shocking thing.

Bridge is essentially a 60 year old design.

Boat is a 15 year old design.

Bridge was designed for when ships were 40,000 gross tonnes.

New boat is over 140,000 gross tonnes.

Hundreds of thousands of ships passed under that bridge before.  Just, shit happens.

Gonna have an inspector from 811 come out and watch while you dig holes for your garden? Or have a cop ride along with every semi truck?

How much is it to add dolphins to an existing bridge?   I guess their lack is where I see the flaw, when ships got big enough to take it out they should havee been added, especially with the other collapses from ship collisions.   Always cheping it out but I suppose they barely kept the potholes off the deck, let alone upgrading the bridge since "it's working fine".

The new one should have plenty around it.  

The other topic on casualties, the 6 lost, 2 rescued, were the other 12 on the ship when a bridge fell on them bringing total to 20?

I couldn’t estimate that construction cost of additional dolphins.   That being said:

https://infrastructurereportcard.org

Our infrastructure is failing across the country. Even if you say a group by contractors is biased, okay. But by how much?  We all know the government is incompetent.  We all know the bid system (cough: change orders) is broken.  

So the fact this doesn’t happen more is fucking impressive to me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

You think this was something they had actually discussed and agreed upon prior to his saying it? Or just him running off at the mouth and now we get to deal with it because "well he said it, no backing down now or the maga extremists win"?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#50]

You think this was something they had actually discussed and agreed upon prior to his saying it? Or just him running off at the mouth and now we get to deal with it because "well he said it, no backing down now or the maga extremists win"?
View All Quotes

It’s going to take a decade to investigate, let the litigation through the court system to work out, then finally get any insurance claim funded. If you can even squeeze blood out of a rock in this case.  

Are we good without a bridge for a decade or more? Or do we want a bridge?

That’s the question.  The proper way to do things would be to fed fund it.  Then have the insurance paid out to cover the costs once it’s done. Because what the bridge was formerly valued at (I guess 1.2b? Is what I read?) is not going to be the replacement cost and clean up cost.  I’m guessing between the clean and replacement we will be over 3B.

So it would be more fitting for insurance to pay for the replacement cost. Not the destroyed objects supposed  value.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 53
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top