User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:27:35 PM EDT
that's doing the Kerry ads?

What's his story, anyway?

Did GW can him or something?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont know but did you see the big drop of drool on his chin while he talks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
He seems very angry.....

or coached.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
McPeak... IIRC he was one of the Joint Chiefs under Clinton
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure Skerry promised him Sec'y of The Air Force or some such title if he gets elected. Can't think of his name...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you are refering to McPeak.  He was hated by the Air Force.  As soon as he was replaced, the AF began to undo all the damage he did.  Like Wes Clark, he was a political appointee who was incredibly inept.  Another one to watch out for is Dodgen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
McPeak is the McDildo that Mcfucked up the Air Force.

They are currently still working on unfucking it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Gen McPeak, the Air Force is STILL recovering from the damage he wrought to the service.  Never have heard a good word said about him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow. What specifically did this assclown fuck up? Very interesting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#9]
That was Gen. McPeak,  A Clinton Lapdog and was extremely unpopular during his reign as the head of the AF by the ranks. The AF still hasn't recovered from his legacy of PC'ness and self serving BS..
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Yup...Merrill McPeak.  A Clintonista through and through.

For those of y'all living outside the Beltway, please remember that the top positions in the military, from the theater commanders on up are political appointees.  No way Clinton picks anybody but a loyal liberal.  Take a good look at where the Clinton appointees are now and who they are speaking out for.

Like Kerry, McPeak's record speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#11]
My old CO was on Gen Horner's staff during GW1. He said they all called McPeak "Screaming Skull" and his deputy "Yard Dog". They really hated his guts.  BTW, he was also responsible for a bunch of asshat uniform changes including the "Airline Pilot" dress uniform the AF was forced to endure in the early 90's.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think you are refering to McPeak.  He was hated by the Air Force.  As soon as he was replaced, the AF began to undo all the damage he did.  Like Wes Clark, he was a political appointee who was incredibly inept.  Another one to watch out for is Dodgen.

Yep, McPeak was a dumbass to say the least. Onlything good I have to say about the fuckstick is that I was flying down a taxyway once going a tad over 100mph in a SP cruiser with lights & siren going & he pulled over in his F-15 for me
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I was active in the USAF during McPeaks tenure & he was universally disliked.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:50:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My old CO was on Gen Horner's staff during GW1. He said they all called McPeak "Screaming Skull" and his deputy "Yard Dog". They really hated his guts.  BTW, he was also responsible for a bunch of asshat uniform changes including the "Airline Pilot" dress uniform the AF was forced to endure in the early 90's.  

I thought the Navy had some screwy uniforms in the 70's but those were funny.  Didn't they change the Blues to have cuff stripes like the Navy and since he didn't want to look like the Navy, the colors were changed so they looked almost identical to the Coasties and had to put the lapel devices back on to distigusih them??
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:00:13 AM EDT
[#15]
McPeak is generally despised by all who served under him while he was Chief of Staff/USAF.

He was in line to be Chairman of the JCS and got passed over.  Thiswas because he spent an inordinate amount of time screwing around with the uniform (at one time we had FOUR configurations of BDUs that were legal) and then there was that USAF General in USAFE who made comments about a "draft dodging, womanizing, dope smoker" at a dining in.  That pretty much sealed it.

As an example of how messed up things were under McPeak, he declared 1994 or '95 to be the "Year of Training", and then directed the Field Training Detachments (which provide specialized training at the locations where it is needed) to shut down.  Fortunately, General Fogelman was able to fix much of the damage after McPeak went out the gate.

McPeak is now a sad, bitter man and his political opinions are irrelevant.  Except that by endorsing Kerry he is causing USAF voters to cast their ballot for Bush.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:15:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I joined the AF during Bush 41's administration, and life was good.  Klinton came in, allowed/encouraged McPeak to fuck everything up...new uniforms, sweeping drawdowns, RIVET workforce, complete change of all regulations, no money for parts, and my personal favorite, Quality Air Force.  (based on model Japanese businesses...never seemed to understand that it can't work in the military because we aren't out to make a profit)  This guy nearly RUINED the Air Force singlehandedly, and all the previous posts were 100% correct....we're STILL trying to fix what he fucked up.  If he's going to be in the Kerry staff, it's yet another reason to vote for Bush 43.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:22:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Anthony McPeak was probably less popular than Clinton among AF types.  He told an entire academy class, "Too bad only 15 percent of you will be allowed to fly."  He really believed all the hype about pilots.

"What's the difference between God and a fighter pilot?  God doesn't think he's a fighter pilot. "

Eddie
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:25:46 AM EDT
[#18]
He would not allow Stargate One to film at Cheyenne Mountain.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:07:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the Navy had some screwy uniforms in the 70's but those were funny.  Didn't they change the Blues to have cuff stripes like the Navy and since he didn't want to look like the Navy, the colors were changed so they looked almost identical to the Coasties and had to put the lapel devices back on to distigusih them??

I've got one of those "airline uniforms" boxed up in the basement because of that asshat.  I was forced to buy it and only wore it one time.  Great solution to the pilot retention problem the AF was having - make AF uniforms look like the airlines.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top