Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 2:46:23 PM EDT
I just reread Black Hawk Down, it mentioned the bullets would glow for a few moments if they had entered flesh.   Why is that?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It's called tracer burn out, if the round doesn't go that far before impact it still burns until it is out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Just view the video of the Hadji who tried to shoot an RPG at our guys and got cut down with a SAW.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
So no glowing bullets unless they're tracers?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Correct, unless you drop a nuke and then everything glows.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Nuke 'em 'til they glow...then shoot 'em in the dark!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
If you load a round to hot the bullet will also glow... though I wouldnt recomend that. Watched a bullet burn up one night as it streaked 200 yards across a peanut feild and slap into a coyote.  I was just as surpised that it actually hit the target as I was to see a glowing bullet flying down range but considering who loaded it I should not have been.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nuke 'em 'til they glow...then shoot 'em in the dark!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top