BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2004 11:06:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean like George Bush Sr?

eta: when the alternative is Hillary, I think a Republican is gonna look mighty good.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]
RUDY GIULIANI VS. THE BEAST!

PAYBACK'S A BITCH AND SO IS HILLARY!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What would be the difference?

Condi in 08'
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Condi in 08'

what he said.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#5]
ARNOLD........
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ARNOLD........

He's not allowed to run - damn foreigner!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#7]
J.C Watts '08!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Craig/Rice in '08.  Woot!!!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I think if Condi ran she would actually have a chance of winning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#10]
A few of us Texans think Kay Bailey Hutchinson is planning to go after Rick Perry (who needs to GO, period), and that we may have a two woman race for prez .
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#11]
KBH is to centrist for me!  Her politics are what they are because that is what it takes to keep getting elected from Texas.  However, she would move way too far to the left in the national debate.

Watts'08!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Next election in 2008 will be -McCain vs Hillary.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Isn't that two democrats?

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Is it just me or does McCain look like he will have stroke before 2008.
He is looking old, and less than healthy lately.
And he's always sweating like a pig.
Looks mean something when running for President. Like it or not.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

h
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nuff' said

Watts won't run Condi can't win (Both are fine Candidates)

You are delusional if you think Condi cant win, and Watts would make a fine VP.  Better than Powell (too far left) or Keys (too far right)

What is really bizzare is I cannot think of a high placed Repulbican to run for president after Bush who ISN"T BLACK!

The Party of Lincoln for damn sure!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it just me or does McCain look like he will have stroke before 2008.
He is looking old, and less than healthy lately.
And he's always sweating like a pig.
Looks mean something when running for President. Like it or not.

He's not good looking enough.  Plain and simple.  In this day and age, you have to look good.  It's sad, but true.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#20]
What's wrong with Powell?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#21]
On domestic issues Powell is too far left.  Not pro gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Condi in 08'

Topic came up over the weekend and my friend's brother said there would be two female canidates in '08. Hitlery would be one but he didn't know who the other would be. He was half joking as he said it. But it made me think and wonder...

What's the chance Chaney will retire after re-election due to health issues? Who would G.W. pick as a new VP? Condi maybe?

Bamm.....all of a sudden we have two women running for Pres. in '08.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Powell is way too left...

I like Giuliani for President going up against Hillary   (( definitely NOT McCain ))  

I like Fred Thompson // Elizabeth Dole

Giuliani // Condi sounds good to me

I would defintely be surprised if RUDY doesnt get the top slot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Powell is way too left...

I like Giuliani for President going up against Hillary   (( definitely NOT McCain ))  

I like Fred Thompson // Elizabeth Dole

Giuliani // Condi sounds good to me

I would defintely be surprised if RUDY doesnt get the top slot.

McCain is much more conservative than Giuliani when you look at the votes.
Just not the one WE care most about.  Of course that is all pretty recent stuff.
Maybe he is becoming more liberal, the more time he spends in Washiington.
I've heard that can happen now and then.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Please let it be Bill Frist, Larry Craig, or Ron Paul

No, it won't be any of those guys, because they're way too honest and decent *sigh*
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#26]
No not Powell....and not Condi either.... They are wonderful people but not in 08.

Mc Cain is not a winner.

I am afraid I know of no one but.....Hillary in 08.

I like George Allen, he did wonderful things for Virginia but don't kown how he will do for National and International...Slim chance.

I am afraid and very afraid.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Where does the Condi worship come from?

I realize she is intelligent and squared away.  But we don't know that she's all that much of a conservative, only that she serves in a conservative administration as a national security advisor.  There is potentially a big difference between the two.

There isn't enough information on Condi right now for her to have my vote.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#28]
almosted guaranteed to be Guiliani.  personally i would like to see Condi or JC Watts on the ticket somehow.  I would like to see Jeb Bush run in '12 or '16
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#29]
+1 for Condi Rice. She's been part of the "inner circle"

Dick Cheney has already made it known that he's not interested in running for President.

I like J.C. Watts, but I think he's been out of .gov service too long.

Giuliani and Powell are too far left for most mainstream Republicans on a National level, even though most Republicans respect them.

McCain is also a bit too centrist, but not as much as Powell & Giuliani. McCain also has issues with keeping his anger under control.

Tom Ridge might be a player in in '08.

All of this is fine & dandy...but DAMN, people...let's focus on getting W re-elected before we start thinking about who'll replace him in '08.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
No not Powell....and not Condi either.... They are wonderful people but not in 08.

Mc Cain is not a winner.

I like George Allen, he did wonderful things for Virginia but don't kown how he will do for National and International...Slim chance.

Except that there is NO EVIDENCE that the Dems want her.  She was almost not invited to speek at the DNC for cryin out loud.  Her political weight is fallen drasticly and she stands a good chance of loosing if Gulianni runs against her in two years for the Senate seat- a better place to put Rudy than in the White House IMHO.

Ther is no evidence that Hillery is any sort of political force in the Democratic party, I cannot understand why some of you obsess over her...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Guiliani supports national gun registration.  Not even Kerry supports that.

Sooner or later, those of us who love Liberty need to just pick the best candidate available, instead of engaging in mental masturbation about who is "most electable" and who can "beat Hitlery".

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Where does the Condi worship come from?

I realize she is intelligent and squared away.  But we don't know that she's all that much of a conservative, only that she serves in a conservative administration as a national security advisor.  There is potentially a big difference between the two.

There isn't enough information on Condi right now for her to have my vote.

www.rice2008.com/
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Here's my reasoning for Craig/Rice 2008.  Sen. Craig has shown time and again to be a intelligent and honorable man, and comes across as a decent statesman.  He says what needs to be said, and is harsh towards the liars in the senate.  Dr. Rice can pull the woman/black vote, as well as being a great candidate to groom in the national spotlight as a possible "leader of the free world" later on.  Just my $.02
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#37]
prediction, not an endorsement:

McCain/Giuliani v Clinton/(some minority VP candidate)

The GOP should realize that Hillary Clinton must never be in a position to either 1. appoint SCOTUS judges, or 2. Be appointed as one.

I Think the McCain/Giuliani ticket is probably the only one that could stop her. I can't see any other Republican tickets (even though better on substance) beating her "celebrity" power.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Condi is nothing but an advisor.  She has nothing to offer in the political arena.  Her specialty was actually the study of Russian history and politics.

She's perfect in her present job.  She, like Colonoscopy Powell, is pro affirmative action.  The age of freebies is coming to an end (hopefully) and we shouldn't keep revisiting the issue.

I suspect we will actually see Sen. Bill Frist being thrust into the spotlight more and more.  He and Giuliani are probably viable candidates.  The demonRats will likely run Hitlery.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Guiliani supports national gun registration.  Not even Kerry supports that.

Sooner or later, those of us who love Liberty need to just pick the best candidate available, instead of engaging in mental masturbation about who is "most electable" and who can "beat Hitlery".

Quoted for truth and the problem is that the best person for the job isn't a republican, not a democrat either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Hope this hasn't been posted lately...

I was wondering if you folks though that after Bush's second term (I think he's gonna win) will it be possible for another republican to get the vote?

If History serves me right, I think that usually doesn't happen.

Please discuss.

Why don't we try a poll. Here are some possibilites for 08'

McCain / Powell

McCain / Rice

McCain / Guiliani

Guiliani / Powell

Guiliani / Rice

Rice / Guiliani

Rice / McCain

Rice / Powell
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#41]
It's going to be tough for the GOP to pick a candidate in 08, particularly if President Bush is reelected and has a successful second term.  Cheney is obviously out because of his age and health, so there is going to be one hell of a primary fight.  
I think Giuliani will try to get it, but since the more conservative candidate of the ones that have a chance to win usually takes the primary, I don't think he will get it.  Jeb Bush WILL try to get the nomination and I think he has a better than even chance of taking it.  McCain will run again and I think if he doesn't get the nomination he'll run as an independent.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#42]
The more I think about this, the more my mind keeps coming back to Jeb in 2008.

Both Guiliani and McCain would lose too much of the Republican base.

Rice and Powell would both be good VP candidates, but I don't see either one heading up the ticket.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The more I think about this, the more my mind keeps coming back to Jeb in 2008.

I too think he will be the nominee in 08 if W wins another term.  Problem is, I don't see him winning it against Hilary.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#44]

The GOP should realize that Hillary Clinton must never be in a position to either 1. appoint SCOTUS judges, or 2. Be appointed as one.

She can't appoint judges without the consent of the Senate.  And if so-caled "conservatives" keep electing "Republicans" like McCain and Guiliani, then the Senate *will* approve her picks.

A Hitlery presidency might be just what this country needs to wake up.  She will accomplish nothing, while angering millions.  This will result in another 1994-style election, unless the Republicans screw it up by acquisieng (sp?) to her agenda.

Do I want to see her win?  No.  But I'd rather have a gun-grabbing statist democrat in office who can accomplish nothing, than a gun-grabbing statist republican in office who will have a congress that will go along with them.

I Think the McCain/Giuliani ticket is probably the only one that could stop her. I can't see any other Republican tickets (even though better on substance) beating her "celebrity" power.

The same "experts" pushing Guiliani, McCain, etc.... are the same brainiacs that gave us "electable" Bob Dole in 1996 and Bush Sr. in 1992.

Hitlery can win, and she can lose.  This is true of any candidate that gets the nomination.  As conservatives, it is in our interest (and that of the country) to nominate the best candidate possible, and let the chips fall where they might.

It's not only the right thing morally, it's good politically, since conservative candidates tend to do quite well at the ballot box.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted for truth and the problem is that the best person for the job isn't a republican, not a democrat either.

I do not want to see McCain or Guiliani or Pataki get the nomination.  Those guys are gun-grabbing statists that WILL take our guns.

Two other names that keep coming up are Gov. Owens of Colorado and Gov. Pawlenty of Minnesota.  I don't know much about them except that they both signed CCW laws into affect (which in today's political landscape does not necessarily make one pro-RKBA).  I am somewhat suspicious of them since their names are being pushed/floated (albeit to a significantly less extent that Guiliani, McCain, etc....) by party insiders.

As for Rice, I don't know much about her.  I'd need to read some of the stuff she has written to make an informed opinion.

Two governors that I *do* like are Erlich of Maryland and Sanford of South Carolina.  Unlike the worthless RINOs', Erlich actually had the balls to come out against a state version of the AWB.  Because of this, the RAT legislature there couldn't even get the bill out of committee.

Sanford is an anti-establishment guy who has vetoed something like 106 spending bill passed by the Republican (his own party) legislature in South Carolina.   He was elected to Congress in 1994 and honored his term-limit pledge.  He also got legislation passed in his state that would eventually eliminate the state income tax there.  And he signed a bill this year repealing the state's one gun a month edict.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#46]
What about Gov. Mitt Romney from Mass. I have read that he is very much a possability for 08. Great leader and has that young good look people are after.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
What about Gov. Mitt Romney from Mass. I have read that he is very much a possability for 08. Great leader and has that young good look people are after.

+1, not much of a friend to gun owners though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#48]
George Herbert Walker Bush.

Read MY lips, mutherfucker.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Yeah, he used his "leadership" skills to get Massachusetts to pass an AWB.

Before people start this crap about how "he has to do this because he is from the northeast", consider two facts.  

1) Governor Erlich of Maryland (another traditionally anti-RKBA state), came out strongly against an AWB for his state.  So much so that the democrats that control the legislature there couldn't even get a bill to his desk.

2) 46% of Masschusetts voters supported abolishing the income tax in a referendum last year.  So you're telling me that "Romney has to support gun control" in a state where 46% of the people are conservative enough to want *NO* income tax at all?  

As for his "looks", if you guys are going to elect a candidate that will take our guns, why not just elect a stripper with big thingies who doesn't like guns?  

Right is right, and wrong is wrong, independent of party label and independent of whether or not the person can win.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Mc Cain is not a winner.

+1 on Sen. George Allen (R-VA).  He is very pro-gun.  I like Rudy Giuliani's other views, but I thought he was anti-gun.

Edited to add:  I think Condoleeza Rice would be a great candidate.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top