Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 10:58:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
7.62x39  is hard to get???

Your friends in the Iraq?? Like the place with saddam the place were every man over the age of 13 has a AK47?

that can't be right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure it is against the law one way or the other.  

As MAK said, its hard to believe that ammo is hard to get, unless he is in a position in which he wasn't suppose to have a weapon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#3]
My Brother sent me good .45 ACP, during the 1st Gulf War.

No problems.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I feel sorry for him if he is using an AK,  they are the suck

as for 7.62 russian,  the stuff is everywhere!  It comes in these large sardine like cans, and it's stacked up to the ceailing in places.   Tell him to ask around and find a contractor in the UXO program,  they would prob be happy to give the stuff away.

Pistols are basiclly worthless unless your already toast anyway, tell him to be happy with one set of full pistol magazines.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#6]
When I was in country their was ammo ever where.  The back of my trucks looked like arms dumps from seizing so much ammo from everyone we ran into.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It is hard. You ask any person working under contract. The stuff was grabbed up before the invasion.

I know it sounds hard to believe.

Also, Saddam lets everyone own an AK bit there was a tight lid on ammo whole he was dictating.

really, I guess that makes sense let them have weapons but little ammo.

Cash will get you whatever you want in a poor country, seems like you could find it even if you had to pay for it off of a private citizen. They are allowed a AK where do they get thier ammo?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#9]
USMC
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Back in the states for a couple of months, will be going back in about 5-6 months.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#12]
did your unit rotate back, or did you get tagged?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#13]
how ya gonna get it there?

last time i checked, ammo was non mailable. Contract carrier only. And unless he's at a decent sized place, i doubt they'll have fedex.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Rotated, I have been luck so far in two wars I have only been scratched one time.    
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#15]
DHL is the only private courier in Iraq right now, and they have a laundry list of BS you need to send something, starting with an account
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Rotated, I have been luck so far in two wars I have only been scratched one time.    

Well hurry up and put in for your Purple Heart!....John Kerry did and look where he is today!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
DHL is the only private courier in Iraq right now, and they have a laundry list of BS you need to send something, starting with an account

FedEx operates there as well, but any way you cut it, it isn't going to be cheap nor easy.

It also kinda goes against logic to think there's no way you could get 7.62x39mm over there if you're supposed to have it.  I think the "if you're supposed to have it" applies here.

Ross
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well hurry up and put in for your Purple Heart!....John Kerry did and look where he is today!

That is the joke around my office.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FedEx operates there as well, but any way you cut it, it isn't going to be cheap nor easy.

It also kinda goes against logic to think there's no way you could get 7.62x39mm over there if you're supposed to have it.  I think the "if you're supposed to have it" applies here.

Ross

definitely go with fredex then!  I had a buddy try and ship an upper reciever through USPS/MPS which is perfectly legal.  Yet some retarded sergeant decided that because it had a gas block instead of a standard front sight post that it was somehow a "dangerous weapon".  Basiclly some fat pog who probably wanted it for himself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
...unless he is in a position in which he wasn't suppose to have a weapon.

+1
Almost certainly the case.
And if the guy is resourceful enough to have obtained weapons he is contractually forbidden to have, he should damned well be able to rustle up the ammo - the country is LITTERED with it.

TO the thread-starter - stay the fuck away from shipping ammo there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top