Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 9:09:18 AM EDT
Ducked out a few minutes ago. Anyone who thinks living inland FL is safe from Hurricanes should think again. This is N. FL, Alachua county about 20 miles north of Gainesville out in the country. Front of my house. Still blowing like a souped up hooker. On generator, will be for a few days. Frankly, the whole state is a mess. Public utilities are a mess. Storm isn't letting up and it's hampering utility crews.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn.

I'll keep my earthquakes thank you....

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad youre Ok CS223
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#3]
just hang on out there and be ready for round three next week with Ivan coming
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#5]
nice homestead there.  Hope the hurricanes leave you alone, other than wind and rain.  we had a F5 tornadoe through here about 12 years ago, and that was scary as hell.  it only lasted for about an hour tops, I couldn't immagin 100 mph winds for several hours/days.  stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:26:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish i had still had my digital camera. You guys would just be in awe from how it looked  after charley. Good luck CS. Nice looking house.

Campy... lots of FL looks like that. Luckly Charley took most of the trees so Frances didn't have much to throw.

J
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
is it normal practice in florida to have so many large trees within fall-radius of the house? or is that just an optical illusion?

stay safe cs223! i hope everything works out well for you.

Hell, it's normal in Ohio.
Or, it used to be, before everyone moved into subdivisions, which get clear-cut before the houses get built.
Shade trees are great and probably cut the A/C bill in half in Florida.

Leisure(lives in clear-cut subdivision - for a couple more months)Shoot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top